Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Still standing here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/0zzwpp

Password is: EVIL2017
    Thanks man - just grabbed two standing tickets there, still available folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Still standing here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/0zzwpp

Password is: EVIL2017

Just got 2 standing tickets brilliant cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

This must sell out... id say that a lot of the standing tickets went today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Trying for a couple of U.K. shows this morning and I can't decide whether to use the pc or the app on my phone..

Phone doesn't have all that 'I'm not a robot' ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Wheety wrote: »
    You advertising your own tickets here? ;-)

Ha! No, wouldn't part with my ticket for love nor money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Howya lads, got 2 standing with my spotify presale, can it still be used for more? If so let me know and I'll give you the code

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Thanks for being a fan

Queens of the Stone Age are giving you early access to tickets for their upcoming tour. Get yours before everyone else.

Presale starts now
    Offer code:
    QOTSA2017

Ends tonight at 11:59pm local

With all the presales, there'll be nothing left for general sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

With all the presales, there'll be nothing left for general sale
    I was only saying that yesterday !!

Pre-pre-pre sale tickets..... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If there is a link available for Spotify presale I'll take it for a friend (genuinely). Might also switch to seats myself once they're good ones.

Mushy wrote: »
    If there is a link available for Spotify presale I'll take it for a friend (genuinely). Might also switch to seats myself once they're good ones.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/85o3sz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

whats the spotify password?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

eoinf wrote: »
    whats the spotify password?

QOTSA2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

So the uk ones were gone in an instant, so I got Amsterdam instead :p needed more than just one show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Damn! Tried to get standing tickets today but everything was sold out. They must of all been snatched up yesterday. I Wasn't of aware of the presale. Bummer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Got lucky in the general sale and standing tickets. roll on november!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was trying for standing in case a mate didn't get them. Easily available at 9. Pity time ran out and friend forgot about tickets

Standing all sold out very quick by the looks of it... still some seating though.

• Advertisement

Been looking at their FB page. Looks like every single one of their gigs got scalped. Especially bad in the US, where some gigs sold out in 10 seconds.

Astounding that TM still let this happen. But I guess as long as they get their money, they dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

xpletiv wrote: »
    Astounding that TM still let this happen. But I guess as long as they get their money, they dont care.

Not only do they get their money, they get a percentage of the resale when it's sold on their secondary site too so they're getting paid twice. So if course they're lobbying against any change in the law to stop touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

xpletiv wrote: »
    Been looking at their FB page. Looks like every single one of their gigs got scalped. Especially bad in the US, where some gigs sold out in 10 seconds.

Let or help?

Not only do they get their money, they get a percentage of the resale when it's sold on their secondary site too so they're getting paid twice. So if course they're lobbying against any change in the law to stop touting.

They have a great system going. They charge €6.50 or whatever as service charge on original tickets. Then on Seatwave they charge the seller around 10% and the buyer also gets hit with a service charge which is a lot more than original Ticketmaster charge. So they get paid 3 times really.

2 face value tickets were €50.65 plus €6.35 service charge. I presume Ticketmaster get a cut of that €50.65 too as well as the €6.35?

Just had a look on Seatwave. Cheapest tickets are €99.75. I'd say most people buy in 2s. So that should be €199.50.
    But there's a booking fee of €35.98 on top of that.

I've gone in as a seller too, 'selling' 2 for €99.75 each (just want to work out how much they're actually making on that one pair of tickets). Selling price €199.50.
    'Success fee' of €19.96 and VAT of €3.98.

So by charging the buyer and the seller they make €55.94 just on the Seatwave transactions :eek:

That's way more than they'd make selling them originally. Any wonder why they don't bother stopping it? Plenty have sold on there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wheety wrote: »
    2 face value tickets were €50.65 plus €6.35 service charge. I presume Ticketmaster get a cut of that €50.65 too as well as the €6.35?

Just had a look on Seatwave. Cheapest tickets are €99.75. I'd say most people buy in 2s. So that should be €199.50.
    But there's a booking fee of €35.98 on top of that.

I've gone in as a seller too, 'selling' 2 for €99.75 each (just want to work out how much they're actually making on that one pair of tickets). Selling price €199.50.
    'Success fee' of €19.96 and VAT of €3.98.

So by charging the buyer and the seller they make €55.94 just on the Seatwave transactions :eek:

That's way more than they'd make selling them originally. Any wonder why they don't bother stopping it? Plenty have sold on there today.

Ahh shur arent the Government bringing in laws to stop that kind of robbery!? Sometime .... Maybe never... Who knows/cares ......
    Remember the outcry over the same "Legal Touting" after the U2 gig sold out in about 1.5seconds...... No one is gonna care about QOTSA fans...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Ahh shur arent the Government bringing in laws to stop that kind of robbery!? Sometime .... Maybe never... Who knows/cares ......
    Remember the outcry over the same "Legal Touting" after the U2 gig sold out in about 1.5seconds...... No one is gonna care about QOTSA fans...

The U2 tickets are going for over €200 and closer/above €300 in some cases.

Cheapest standing ticket for U2 is €310 with a booking fee of €56.99.

Success fee of €31 from the seller too. €87.99 on that one ticket. It's crazy. Whoever came up with the idea of setting up their own touting site (to ensure fans aren't ripped off by unscrupulous touts :rolleyes:), must have received a massive bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

People complain when the tickets sell out quickly saying that it's anti consumer. Then Radiohead bring in a system where the ticket buyer has to be there to get in and people complain and say that it's anti consumer. There's no winning.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

OhHiMark wrote: »
    People complain when the tickets sell out quickly saying that it's anti consumer. Then Radiohead bring in a system where the ticket buyer has to be there to get in and people complain and say that it's anti consumer. There's no winning.

A pretty poorly executed system though, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

If people just stopped buying off touts then there would be no problem but unfortunately some people are desperate enough to go to an event that they will pay the price :(

Advertisement