Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckingham Palace emergency meeting?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Yeah, but that word doesn't get censored.

Jesus, Mary, did you really call him a snobby little ******?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fair enough not liking the concept of a monarchy, but what did royal families around the world ever do to you?

Because it warps any notion of a fair society. It engenders a class system that reaches far beyond the royals. Who you are superceeds what you have to offer. It's an obscene thing to encourage. Almost on a par with allowing a church to influence your progress in society. And we know all about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

It engenders a class system that reaches far beyond the royals.
    All societies have some sort of a class system...even in Soviet Russia some people were more equal than others.
    You have not answered the question " what did royal families around the world ever do to you?"

The UK monarchy brings in tourism revenue, and people like our own Liam Fox
    ( from a poor family of Irish Catholic extraction ) can rise to the the top in UK politics / government. Many Irish have risen to the top in UK media / entertainment etc. Why are you so bigoted against the British in particular? ...but never snipe against other royalty?

maryishere wrote: »
    sez the backpeddler who hates all royalty everywhere in the world but who only posts hundreds of tiimes cribbing about the British and their Royalty.:D

The Spanish royalty didn't 'ceremonially' hide the information of the killing of relatives of mine or spend centuries in this country oppressing us, no.
    The thread is about a member of the British, Greek and maybe German (not sure, and maybe Phillip isn't either) royal family, so my hatred hits quite a few houses actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I'm going to the chippers Francie. Want anything brought back? Bag of chips for the other shoulder? I fancy a battered sausage. BRB.
    Poor auld Francie would want a sack of spuds for the other shoulder. ;)

• Advertisement

Poor auld Francie would want a sack of spuds for the other shoulder. ;)

I hate the British system of royalty and all systems of royalty Mary. You paid me a huge compliment calling it 'legendary'.

Night night, any vinegar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

It says a lot about The English Media when this actually makes front page news.

a smoke screen for some other malarkey thats coming under the radar, no better than our own crowd passing legislation through the Dail during an Ireland match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

neverever1 wrote: »
    Again you're too late. I've explained this above. :D

You can :D all you like but you have explained nothing.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The Spanish royalty didn't 'ceremonially' hide the information of the killing of relatives of mine or spend centuries in this country oppressing us, no.
    The thread is about a member of the British, Greek and maybe German (not sure, and maybe Phillip isn't either) royal family, so my hatred hits quite a few houses actually.

Rellies of mine were killed in the North Strand bombings.......do you think I should go around hating Kanzler Merkel? or the members of the Luftwaffe because of what their "lineal" ancestors did?

How sad it must be to have a worldview defined by hate.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Rellies of mine were killed in the North Strand bombings.......do you think I should go around hating Kanzler Merkel? or the members of the Luftwaffe because of what their "lineal" ancestors did?

No you shouldn't hate individuals, but you should be against imperialist governments with a penchant for colonising large parts of the world, because that is what killed your 'rellies'.

Fawning and doffing your hat to it only encourages it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

No you shouldn't hate individuals, but you should be against imperialist governments with a penchant for colonising large parts of the world, because that is what killed your 'rellies'.

Fawning and doffing your hat to it only encourages it

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure from my research that's not what killed them.....it was a SC250 on a delayed fuse that killed them delivered by a German He-111.

Anyway, today is another day - Phil the Greek didn't die and it'll be taught as an interesting case study in how rumours can spread on social media.

I'll leave you in your hate/hatred to look back over it - I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I was going to say I look forward to reading your outpourings on other imperialist governments such as the US, Russia, Spain, France, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany etc etc etc etc (some of them even have monarchies), but I expect you're limited.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure from my research that's not what killed them.....it was a SC250 on a delayed fuse that killed them delivered by a German He-111.

Anyway, today is another day - Phil the Greek didn't die and it'll be taught as an interesting case study in how rumours can spread on social media.

I'll leave you in your hate/hatred to look back over it - I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I was going to say I look forward to reading your outpourings on other imperialist governments such as the US, Russia, Spain, France, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany etc etc etc etc (some of them even have monarchies), but I expect you're limited.

Ah, another quaint attempt to portray criticism of the system of royalty as foaming at the mouth hate for individuals. It's a time honoured technique/tactic of a certain type of person, I'll give you that.

Re: 'criticism of other governments...', you will hear me whenever their actions impinge on me and mine.

I will enjoy my weekend, have no doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

well, then that's that settled. Well done.......

......As for the second part......how do you know?

Thanks.

If someone dances on another persons grave I don't have to ask if it's insulting to their family or not.

I refer you to her visit, the things she said and did.

I refer you to her visit when she never apologised.

She went and nodded at a memorial to those who were considered terrorists in their day...a small minority of people compared to the hundreds of thousands of people who worked in the war effort and for fought for these islands against the Germans, who had invaded and raped little Catholic Belgium, among other things.
    Some would be of the opinion 100,000 Irish soldiers turned in their graves when she nodded in respect to a few hundred partisans / guerillas / terrorists / freedom fighters / call them what you want.

Obviously unionists don't give a sh1t about the innocents murdered by her army in Ireland.

ah here, now I am insulted.......suggesting I've an accent like a Meath man :D

.....and if you want to know my political mindset, it's more in line with Fitzer than anyone else.......and at least he went to school near why I lived......even if he didn't pick up the local patois :D

That scumbag who helped cover up the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? That explains some things.

You can :D all you like but you have explained nothing.

:rolleyes:

:D I'm just having a good laugh at you. I explained everything.

Difference is that the Germans have shown contrition, the majority of Brits still think their empire was a good thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

I drag my are out if bed every morning and walk all the way across the landing to my study where I spend most of the day. Does that mean I don't work hard either because I'm not up to my bollocks in oil and grease?
    More like ya drag your ar$e out of bed around 12 and walk all the way across the landing to the jacks where ya having a dump dragging on a fag probably as you do. A quick brekkie and then it's down to the boozer and the betting shop for the day :D Your no Prince Phillip matey !!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9dgIrEy8OL2IJnMATdiXg1oK_jeUo1UMkG48gJB53FFywdHET

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

More like ya drag your ar$e out of bed around 12 and walk all the way across the landing to the jacks where ya having a dump dragging on a fag probably as you do. A quick brekkie and then it's down to the boozer and the betting shop for the day :D Your no Prince Phillip matey !!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9dgIrEy8OL2IJnMATdiXg1oK_jeUo1UMkG48gJB53FFywdHET
    Prince Philip has a man / woman to do that sort of stuff for him.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement