Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckingham Palace emergency meeting?

Options
  • 04-05-2017 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭

Anyone seeing online speculation about an emergency meeting at Buckingham palace?

Possibly about prince Philip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Possibly about prince Philip?

Has died according to the interwebs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I wasnt sure about speculating, England will go nuts now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Usually 8am before any official announcements are made by Buckingham Palace so we will have to wait till then probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

A sad day, but let us cheer ourselves up by fondly remembering some of his best quotes.

"I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing."

"When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife."

"We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,160 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Don't run away with any ideas. Buck House says "He's not dead yet!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe it was one of the royal corgis whose died..sad day !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I rarely believe anything on the internet now until I see it happen, so until the coffins heading down the Mall, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wonder is she going to step down and give Charles a few years in the hot seat

Well to be fair, her health hasn't been great recently, so thats probably more likely.

• Advertisement

Maybe they are going to reveal themselves as lizards?

I knew Jim Corr wasn't crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So something's up, but not known what?

I dont see it mentioned on Sky or BBC??

Well me mother wont believe anything unless its announced on the deaths on local radio at 1pm and 5pm....

Maybe they are selling up, downsizing to a nice little 2 up, 2 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,160 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Well me mother wont believe anything unless its announced on the deaths on local radio at 1pm and 5pm....
    Your mother is wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So something's up, but not known what?

I dont see it mentioned on Sky or BBC??

I just checked sky news and nothing. She's not going to abdicate so I doubt it's that but it's a bit strange. I'm sure we'll find out what has happened. I see that the it's not unusual to have meetings but the middle of the nights seems a strange time for a meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

If not a death, maybe a birth, or loss of baby, or maybe a resignation.

Lot of speculation, nothing known.

For all we know she simply wants to change the dress code.

Maybe its a Brexit announcement? She's not having it, going to tell May to stick it where the sun don't shine.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe its a Brexit announcement? She's not having it, going to tell May to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Hard to know really.... Hes a Greek immigrant so I cant see the Daily Mail taking any crap from them

Wouldn't that be going outside her "powers" ? She isn't meant to express an opinion publicly on politics which she seems to have stuck to, unlike Charles who seems to have a harder time doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

"You could safely assume the Queen and Prince Philip are not dead," the palace press office told a 1 NEWS reporter in Auckland by phone this afternoon, about 4am UK time.

That's not a denial - it actually fuels the rumour.

After a brief look online neither the BBC or sky are saying anything but Australian/ New Zealand media are reporting the meeting. Is that not a bit strange ?

The British tabloids are reporting it.

Perhaps Sky/BBC don't want to get into the speculating side of it, for fear of offending one?

The British tabloids are reporting it.

Perhaps Sky/BBC don't want to get into the speculating side of it, for fear of offending one?
    Oh are they because I'm watching sky news and the beautiful Sarah Jane mee is no selling whatever is supposed to be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Maybe their whatsapp isn't working either and this is best way to arrange something without groupchat

Maybe someone left the immersion on and they are fuming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Prince Philip is signing for Man Utd to replace Pogba......

He may not be able to give it his full attention but then neither does Pogba.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Maybe she's found him stiff in bed.....first time in years.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Looks like a divorce according to the wires

• Advertisement

Christ, they're together 70yrs, why divorce now?

Think of the children.

Advertisement