Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckingham Palace emergency meeting?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Nothing to do with place of birth or accent, more mindset actually. If it where accent, I hear John Bruton.

ah here, now I am insulted.......suggesting I've an accent like a Meath man :D

.....and if you want to know my political mindset, it's more in line with Fitzer than anyone else.......and at least he went to school near why I lived......even if he didn't pick up the local patois :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

The notion of royalty is not unique to GB,
    I already told you that. I wrote"Many countries have royalty, for example Spain and many of the European countries."

it is obscene anywhere where it bestows privilege.
    Your hatred of the British and their Royal family is legendary, why have you not criticised the royal families of other European countries? Bear in mind Royalty also brings in tourism revenue and is considered good value for money by many taxpayers in the countries which have it. Hence they do not want to give it up.
    Now, off with ye and crib about Spains or Denmarks royal family for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maryishere wrote: »
    She went and nodded at a memorial to those who were considered terrorists in their day...a small minority of people compared to the hundreds of thousands of people who worked in the war effort and for fought for these islands against the Germans, who had invaded and raped little Catholic Belgium, among other things.
    Some would be of the opinion 100,000 Irish soldiers turned in their graves when she nodded in respect to a few hundred partisans / guerillas / terrorists / freedom fighters / call them what you want.

Royalty, they will just do what's expedient for them. And the flag wavers swallow it again again and again.

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I'm going to the chippers Francie. Want anything brought back? Bag of chips for the other shoulder? I fancy a battered sausage. BRB.

Well seen as we've spent all evening talking about Phil the Greek and his disappointing habit of not dying, can you get me some pitas and tzatziki, with extra lemon and vinegar, an appropriately bitter dish seems to be the order of the day :D

I already told you that. I wrote"Many countries have royalty, for example Spain and many of the European countries."

Your hatred of the British and their Royal family is legendary, why have you not criticised the royal families of other European countries? Bear in mind Royalty also brings in tourism revenue and is considered good value for money by many taxpayers in the countries which have it. Hence they do not want to give it up.
    Now, off with ye and crib about Spains or Denmarks royal family for a change.

I have criticised 'royalty' everywhere from my entrance to the thread. The thread is about a member of the British royalty. Why is it a surprise that British royalty is prominent.

I take my hatred of British royalty being 'legendary' as a huge compliment, thanks so much, my work has not been in vain.

• Advertisement

Royalty, they will just do what's expedient for them.

In Spain, Greece, Denmark, Sweden and lots of other countries too.

Here we have little "whats his name" Higgins who costs our taxpayers more than the Royal family costs UK taxpayers. His pay is even double that of the Spanish Prime Minister. "Banana Republic", as Geldof said.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Well seen as we've spent all evening talking about Phil the Greek and his disappointing habit of not dying, can you get me some pitas and tzatziki, with extra lemon and vinegar, his an appropriately bitter dish seems to be the order of the day :D

:):) you have used as much Greek as Philip knows, he turned his back on Greece just like some of his family eschewed their German links. He fought some of his in laws during his arduous 'career' too. Royals, expedient to the last the world over.
    He found a 'felt hole' as they say here.

*felt as in the cloth.

In Spain, Greece, Denmark, Sweden and lots of other countries too.

Here we have little "whats his name" Higgins who costs our taxpayers more than the Royal family costs UK taxpayers. His pay is even double that of the Spanish Prime Minister. "Banana Republic", as Geldof said.

We elect 'Higgins' on his merits as an individual. If you don't like him you can have a say. No comparison.

:):)you have used as much Greek as Philip knows, he turned his back on Greece just like some of his family eschewed their German links. He fought some of his in laws during his arduous 'career' too. Royals, expedient to the last the world over.
    He found a 'felt hole' as they say here.

*felt as in the cloth.

you seem to know a lot about him......for someone you suggest you despise ;)

I have no idea how much, if any, Greek he speaks. I'm also happy to continue to refer to him in disparaging terms rather than use his proper first name.......

We elect 'Higgins' on his merits as an individual.

And most people would not cross the road to see the little ******, certainly no foreigners anyway. Waste of money, when he pays himself double what the Spanish Prime Minister earns for doing a proper job (and Spain is a much larger economy too). Great pension too for the little f***, and all his predecessors and hangers on.

• Advertisement

And most people would not cross the road to see the little ******, certainly no foreigners anyway. Waste of money, when he pays himself double what the Spanish Prime Minister earns for doing a proper job (and Spain is a much larger economy too). Great pension too for the little f***, and all his predecessors and hangers on.

You OK there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'm getting a funny feeling that you don't like him.

Jawgap wrote: »
    you seem to know a lot about him......for someone you suggest you despise ;)

I have no idea how much, if any, Greek he speaks. I'm also happy to continue to refer to him in disparaging terms rather than use his proper first name.......

I don't despise him, I despise the notion of monarchy/royalty. But carry on with the trite notions of chips on shoulders and your love of a world where nothing is important to stand against if you happen to want to wave a wee union jack and do down a supposed shinner.
    Pathetic. Conor Bruton. :)

Our taxes pay for snobby little ****** to live the high life at our expense in the Park, and in retirement with their hangers on afterward. I'm more pissed off at the bad value for money they give rather than the good value for money foreign royals provide.

I'm getting a funny feeling that you don't like him.

It's Mary logic. You criticise something in Britain, it's Irish equivalent gets it in the neck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

maryishere wrote:

No one should feel this strongly about Michael D. Seek help.

I despise the notion of monarchy/royalty.

Off ye go despising Spanish or Greek or Danish or Swedish monarchy so, instead of cribbing hundreds of times about British royalty.

maryishere wrote:
    Our taxes pay for snobby little ****** to live the high life at our expense in the Park, and in retirement with their hangers on afterward. I'm more pissed off at the bad value for money they give rather than the good value for money foreign royals provide.

What's the six letter word here? Can we not say bollox? Surely didn't call him a snobby little ******?

No one should feel this strongly about Michael D.
    I have put Michael D in context in one or 2 posts. Francie has posted hundreds of times about people in other jurisdictions who we do NOT pay our taxes to support.

Off ye go despising Spanish or Greek or Danish or Swedish monarchy so, instead of cribbing hundreds of times about British royalty.

I criticised royalty everywhere on a thread about British royalty. You have been wittering on in a personal way about an individual - Michael Higgins, who is not a royal.

• Advertisement

What's the six letter word here?
    leftie. Because he is anything but, although he claims to be. The Irish who went and made a success of themselves in America had a laugh at Higgins uniquely praising Fidel Castro not so long ago.

I criticised royalty everywhere on a thread about British royalty.
    No you do not, your hatred for the British and the British Royalty is not comparable to anything to have said about other royalty.

maryishere wrote:
    leftie. Because he is anything but, although he claims to be. The Irish who went and made a success of themselves in America had a laugh at Higgins uniquely praising Fidel Castro not so long ago.

What a weird response.

Why would leftie be censored?

No you do not, your hatred for the British and the British Royalty is not comparable to anything to have said about other royalty.

I hate the British royal family and royal families everywhere. Correct.
    A child would deduce that from a consistent statement saying 'I hate the notion of royalty in this day and age'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I hate the British royal family and royal families everywhere. Correct.
    A child would deduce that from a consistent statement saying 'I hate the notion of royalty in this day and age'.

Fair enough not liking the concept of a monarchy, but what did royal families around the world ever do to you?

What a weird response.

Why would leftie be censored?

I sniff a backpedal. :)

I never said he was censored or not, who cares about the eejit. As I said, "most people would not cross the road to see the little ******, certainly no foreigners anyway. Waste of money, when he pays himself double what the Spanish Prime Minister earns for doing a proper job (and Spain is a much larger economy too). Great pension too for the little f***, and all his predecessors and hangers on."

maryishere wrote:
    I never said he was censored or not, who cares about the eejit. As I said, "most people would not cross the road to see the little ******, certainly no foreigners anyway. Waste of money, when he pays himself double what the Spanish Prime Minister earns for doing a proper job (and Spain is a much larger economy too). Great pension too for the little f***, and all his predecessors and hangers on."

Yeah, but what is the censored six letter word. It's not leftie, it's not bollox, what is it?

I sniff a backpedal. :)

sez the backpeddler who hates all royalty everywhere in the world but who only posts hundreds of tiimes cribbing about the British and their Royalty.:D

• Advertisement

Yeah, but what is the censored six letter word. It's not leftie, it's not bollox, what is it?
    some have called him a waster;)

Advertisement