Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Hilary told potential voters they were "the basket of deplorables", Corbyn told potential voters they were racist islamophobes, Verruca wanted to hold commemorations for black and tans, Biden tells a potential voter he's full of **** over the second amendment. Poor old dementia Joe and his 100 round ar14's !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I've met Mike,and had many talks with him.
    He is the real deal,and I belive will go far with is new group in the UK and all over the isles,including the republic.
    I like his plans for insurance,and putting together a legal team to deal with any challenges to further legislation,and dealing with gunowners on an individual case should they have liscensing difficulties.

Ladies and Gents ..Mike Lindsay

https://mike-lindsay.co.uk/2020/03/08/owner-rights-cooperative-how-where-and-why/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2tnscj9VdYUs-haq5jnaqJJ0n_EsFG9cC3rfN8EtaDXv

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd hate to see what would happen if the sh1t really hit the fan.

On my way back from Dublin this morning and Thursday is my usual shopping day so i decided to avoid a second trip out to do it a little early and while on the way home.

Arrived at LIDL to return a fryer that went on fire on me last night (whole other story) and there were no trollies outside the store which should have been my first guess that something was up. Went in and all 6 tills were open with an average of 11 people per till waiting with trolleys that resembled silage trailers. Full to the balls. Not a loaf of bread nor pint of milk.

I just left and went ton ALDI and the exact same story. Never bothered checking any other store and just headed home.

How dumb are people to panic like this. The announcement about the schools only came out at 12 and within 2 hours people are panic buying as if the stores were going to shut down forever. Its so bad even Tesco told people to relax that they would be open as normal tomorrow.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    I'd hate to see what would happen if the sh1t really hit the fan.

On my way back from Dublin this morning and Thursday is my usual shopping day so i decided to avoid a second trip out to do it a little early and while on the way home.

Arrived at LIDL to return a fryer that went on fire on me last night (whole other story) and there were no trollies outside the store which should have been my first guess that something was up. Went in and all 6 tills were open with an average of 11 people per till waiting with trolleys that resembled silage trailers. Full to the balls. Not a loaf of bread nor pint of milk.

I just left and went ton ALDI and the exact same story. Never bothered checking any other store and just headed home.

How dumb are people to panic like this. The announcement about the schools only came out at 12 and within 2 hours people are panic buying as if the stores were going to shut down forever. Its so bad even Tesco told people to relax that they would be open as normal tomorrow.

My sister dropped into tesco this morning after dropping her little one off at school. It was like a Plague of locusts had hit the place, bare shelves, no bog paper etc, madness. As someone said, tescos and the other shops like aldi and lidl have really efficient restocking systems, so to think there is a reason to panic buy is pointless.

Keep THREE critical things going in a crisis situation like this.

Food chain and supplies.Main worries should be keeping the regional supply depots full and secure,as well as keeping petrol stations open and fueled up.Remember 3 meals from anarchy.

Power and water..Self-explanatory.

Comms Internet,phone system and yup,postal services.
    Any of those crash in the current situation and we is goosed.

4?] I suppose continious supply chain of bog paper.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Keep THREE critical things going in a crisis situation like this.

Food chain and supplies.Main worries should be keeping the regional supply depots full and secure,as well as keeping petrol stations open and fueled up.Remember 3 meals from anarchy.

Power and water..Self-explanatory.

Comms Internet,phone system and yup,postal services.
    Any of those crash in the current situation and we is goosed.

4?] I suppose continious supply chain of bog paper.:rolleyes:

Talking to a lad i know on another forum, who lives in Sardinia, and there have been riots and unrest already, but it has not been reported in the media, and probably won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

tudderone wrote: »
    Talking to a lad i know on another forum, who lives in Sardinia, and there have been riots and unrest already, but it has not been reported in the media, and probably won't be.

I have a friend who lived there but moved away years ago, said the island was very cramped.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Make sure to pick up some extra shells, you might need to defend your last bag of tagliatelle from starving shoppers who still can't be arsed with lasagne.

kowloon wrote: »
    Make sure to pick up some extra shells, you might need to defend your last bag of tagliatelle from starving shoppers who still can't be arsed with lasagne.

Or to fight your way to the last pack of bog paper in the supermarket, when your undercarriage is in dire need of a wipe !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Or just go to any € store, where the bog roll is cheaper and the stores are full...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ezra_ wrote: »
    Or just go to any € store, where the bog roll is cheaper and the stores are full...

You would choose that over seeing two men beat lumps out of each other over a jar of pesto? Where's your corona spirit? :D

Reminds me...while listening to My Shirona.
    Must get 9 Coronas for the weekend .

Decided to brave the tide and go shopping. Waited till late morning/early lunch as i suspected most people would be queuing from the wee hours. I was right.

The shops were quiet, but the shelves emptied. I asked in each store if they had got a delivery since yesterday and all shops said they had gotten double deliveries in the morning but people were clearing it out as they rolled out the trollies and cages.

Utter madness. Funny part if people looked at me as though i had two heads because i only took one item or didn't bother with bog roll, etc. Seems not panicking makes you an odd ball. :confused:

Someone told me that people are under the mistaken impression that the announcement the yesterday about the schools closing for two weeks (four if you count the Easter holidays directly after) meant all services were shutting down for two weeks so they're stocking up for a two week "shortage". One guy told me people are even going to money/payday lenders to borrow enough to buy hundreds (500+) worth of food and supplies.

They [store workers] say they expect a sharp drop in demand by Monday/Tuesday and that next week may be quiet too as people have already bought enough to last the two weeks.

My young lad rang me to tell me that he is in town as of ten minutes ago and there are Gardaí in every supermakret because of fights breaking out over the remaining items left on the shelves.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

My young lad rang me to tell me that he is in town as of ten minutes ago and there are Gardaí in every supermakret because of fights breaking out over the remaining items left on the shelves.

Jesus, if you ring the gardai around here, you get the regulation response, "Ah sure there is nothing we can do". Doesn't matter if its a dog off a lead or mass murder, the answer is the same.

Pregnant men, yup, the world has officially gone stark staring fcuking mad. The NHS is issuing advice to men who are preggers :confused:

Someone told me about this a few hours back and i thought they were taking the rise out of me.

https://phescreening.blog.gov.uk/2020/03/13/pregnant-men-best-care/

Pregnant men, yup, the world has officially gone stark staring fcuking mad. The NHS is issuing advice to men who are preggers :confused:

Someone told me about this a few hours back and i thought they were taking the rise out of me.

https://phescreening.blog.gov.uk/2020/03/13/pregnant-men-best-care/

2 sexes 99 mental disorders.

This coronavirus is getting serious folks, the pubs are staying shut !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This coronavirus is getting serious folks, the pubs are staying shut !

Irish people haven't a fcuking clue about social isolation. :mad::mad::mad:

But they are going to learn.

We are a defiant lot alright...Corona house parties will be the new thing within days. Or some enterprising soul will have a sheebeen up in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    We are a defiant lot alright...Corona house parties will be the new thing within days. Or some enterprising soul will have a sheebeen up in no time.

Defiant = absolute retard in this case.

Women in ozzyland pulling the heads off each other over bog paper :confused:

Well thats one way to get your hands on loo paper !

When i stayed indoors all the time, barely spoke to people and refused to shakes hands or be in large gatherings it was called unsociable, now its "trendy" and the thing to do.

Thanks hipsters. Is nothing sacred. :D

Well thats one way to get your hands on loo paper !

1600 semi auto cf rifles in one room!Thats 150 times more than the entire type of this gun owned by Irish gunowners!!!Let that sink in for a moment!!!

When i stayed indoors all the time, barely spoke to people and refused to shakes hands or be in large gatherings it was called unsociable, now its "trendy" and the thing to do.

Thanks hipsters. Is nothing sacred. :D

Gotta admit tho,this is an introverts dream!

I wonder how many of the doomsday preppers are going to be disappointed about no Zombies?

I wonder how many of the doomsday preppers are going to be disappointed about no Zombies?

One here sofar...I was expecting anarchy and zombies.We get no bog rolls and stay at home work.:( Worst.Apocalypse.Ever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Pat Courtney on Radio Nova plays the theme tune to "Night of the Living Dead" every time some one rings in about the Coronona virus:D

Advertisement