Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any interest in doing Roja Dove splits, Padriag? They do some outstanding fragrances.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

It would be great to be honest.
    Could be a really pricey split...i am not so sure many would be up for such an expensive niche split. i would definitely be up for it. Would you get the numbers Pat? I'd hope so...but doubt it.
    Trying to source Roja Dove in the same quantities as the likes of Creed might prove troublesome too because i don't think he manufactures bottles bigger than 100ml...correct me if i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah. As far as I'm aware they don't do bottles larger than 100ml. There are a couple of fragrance houses that are doing clones of Roja fragrances and receiving great reviews so that's an option if nobody is doing splits of the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/roja-parfums-parfum-de-la-nuit-3/perfume/947

*cough cough

Cheap at the price!!! You wouldn't want to buy too much or anything would you???

I mailed a splitter in the UK about it:
    "As far as I can remember Roja doesn't do 100ml bottles any more as he phased them out a few years ago and then bumped up the price of the 50ml to the old 100ML RRP in true p*&s taking fashion. Its the price that puts people off as they are nice but stupidly expensive hence why you've got to try semi pro split websites instead as they bought up all the old stock and can still offer them semi affordably. "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sure just the 10ml for €100

Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭mrm

It would be great to be honest.
    Could be a really pricey split...i am not so sure many would be up for such an expensive niche split. i would definitely be up for it. Would you get the numbers Pat? I'd hope so...but doubt it.
    Trying to source Roja Dove in the same quantities as the likes of Creed might prove troublesome too because i don't think he manufactures bottles bigger than 100ml...correct me if i'm wrong.

The numbers weren't achieved when Pat sought interest for Puredistance M last November/ December, at a considerably cheaper price than €100 for 10ml. I remember about 40/100ml was allocated and I think the split was subsequently dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Having had quite a bit of experience with splitting at this stage, I notice a definite drop off in interest once price goes past a certain point (approx €80 / 50ml or €27 / 10ml) - generally regardless of the comparative value (something might be a relative bargain at €90 / 50ml say, but it's still going to struggle regardless). The only particular exception to this was the few Creed Spice & Wood splits I did (three I think?) despite a premium price - but having said that, the similarly priced Jardin d'Amalfi split (also from Creed's Royale Exlcusives line) is currently foundering with 100ml allocated out of a total of 250ml. Hey, I don't blame people - I've said before that fragrances are a 'want' not a 'must' in people's lives, and not too many people want to be forking out big sums for a bottle of juice! At the end of the day, virtually all fragrances are way overpriced at retail, some of the niche brands most of all - hence these splits! I take the claims bandied about re 'high quality' fragrances (e.g. that they're bursting at the seams with natural ingredients etc) with a pinch of salt - while there's no way of knowing for certain, I suspect that even some outrageously priced brands spend more on packaging than the liquid itself; the magic comes in the marketing! But at the end of the day.......I do think that wearing the 'good' stuff has a different psychological effect to wearing cheap or clone stuff - it's puts a pep in your step if you like.

Roja Dove: Honestly, I don't see the Rojas being a runner. I did have an opportunity to pick some up a little while back for a - comparatively - decent price but it was still expensive. Problem with picking up an offer and running with it is that I'm stuck out of pocket if it doesn't all sell, and short term offers don't really lend themselves to the time consuming 'official' split protocol of getting names, money, etc in advance. I'm currently holding quite a bit of unsold stuff and have become distinctly more conservative over the last few months in terms of buying one offs and hoping for the best - I have over a grand's worth of underappreciated Amouages lined up for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger for instance. I've only smelt a few Rojas BTW (and not several of the big hitters) and found them a bit.....feminine?

mrm: I was actually surprised the Puredistance M did as much as it did - it got five people (incl myself) signed up, from a total of 10 slots at a cost of €60 / 10ml. Generally, I'll chance my arm with ordering once I hit 70 / 80% allocated,and was tempted to rock on with the Puredistance, but it was just too pricey to buy it with only half it 'sold'.

In terms of volumes, big flacons / decanters at 250 / 500ml are where I can get buyers real savings. A *lot* of niche stuff is only available in max 100ml which makes it very difficult to cover all the costs, and still offer splits at an attractive price. Quite a few have limited distribution too and can only be found at full RRP which again makes splits difficult - among others, I'm thinking of Profumum Roma here - I'd love to do some of their stuff but I'd be paying top dollar for them and I just don't see enough people being interested. I could try moving them on Basenotes, but I think shipping costs to other EU countries would make people balk (unlike most splitters, I use courier only, not the postal service). To make things even more difficult, prices are going up the whole time - especially with smaller niche brands, plus you have Creed bringing in smaller bottles at the same price as the older, bigger ones. BTW, perhaps a surprising fact: in terms of pricing, Brown Thomas are actually generally very competitive internationally - you won't find quite a few of their brands cheaper elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

I'm trying to mail you Pat, but issues my end...in case it doesn't go through, I want to throw a bottle of Virgin Island water in with my order, tnx

I'm trying to mail you Pat, but issues my end...in case it doesn't go through, I want to throw a bottle of Virgin Island water in with my order, tnx

PMed you.

dashcamdanny: no response to repeated PMs; no allocation in future splits.

Opened what must be the largest proper 'splash' bottle I've come across (i.e. designed to splash into palms, not spray or decant) this evening - Dior's legendary Eau Sauvage. How anyone could go through a bottle this size I don't know! Pint glass included for scale.

451845.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Looks like a Dior pint glass.

Pure posh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Received my package from Pat this morning... Xmas in summer :)
    As always, wonderfully packed, not a chance of spillage.
    Onto the juices...I'm familiar already with VIW but, it's a Pina colada Inna bottle.. proper summery refreshing smell.
    The Lumiere Noir, just had a little smell, lovely rose and get a little spicy oud.
    The Mancera Lemon line was the one I was waiting for, lemon, lime, sweet and already had some positive compliments.
    Thanks very much Pat, speedy and perfect service as always

Received my package from Pat this morning... Xmas in summer :)
    As always, wonderfully packed, not a chance of spillage.
    Onto the juices...I'm familiar already with VIW but, it's a Pina colada Inna bottle.. proper summery refreshing smell.
    The Lumiere Noir, just had a little smell, lovely rose and get a little spicy oud.
    The Mancera Lemon line was the one I was waiting for, lemon, lime, sweet and already had some positive compliments.
    Thanks very much Pat, speedy and perfect service as always

Looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Pat, I came across an article about a new range of Louis Vuitton aftershaves being released shortly and seems to be getting positive reviews. Do you think they would be something you could get your hands on in the future?

Au Hasard in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

As always Pat's service is great.
    Packed perfectly not a chance of a spill or a drop lost
    Thank you again Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    As always Pat's service is great.
    Packed perfectly not a chance of a spill or a drop lost
    Thank you again Pat

Ditto from me on the latest order - thanks Pat!

Pat, I came across an article about a new range of Louis Vuitton aftershaves being released shortly and seems to be getting positive reviews. Do you think they would be something you could get your hands on in the future?

Au Hasard in particular.

Had read that but glossed it over as "all show and no go" if you like. Men's ones not released until tomorrow so very preliminary reports. Seems to be hard to get hold of LV frags - looks like LV stores only (which I am not known for patronising!). I'll be in London Monday and will drop into the Bond St store if I'm in the area, although I don't expect to be. Anyone else interested in these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks pat. Another perfect package arrived today :)

Aventus - back in stock!

452084.jpg

You want Aventus, we got Aventus! Back in hand from today for shipping from next week - temporarily at least. Latest 18B01 batch - complete with signature gunk in the bottom of the flacon! (and a rather large shipping leak unfortunately, but them's the breaks). As flagged, an unavoidable minor price rise up to €75 per 50ml bottle (still with the pro printed mirror silver finish labels) as I can't get it from either of my usual suppliers. I have one flacon as of today: this is mostly already allocated. Another one due next few days, and I may order another if there's a lot of short term interest. Beyond that, I can't forecast availability - it may be fine, or it may disappear again (most suppliers still don't have it).

Others:
    Full details (description, price) of all fragrances are in the OP here.

I have the following available in hand as of 30/05/2018:
    Mancera: all sold out.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: just one 30ml bottle left.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 90ml available for 10/30/50ml splits.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : just two 10ml bottles left.
    Creed - Virgin Island Water: all sold out.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: 150ml available.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: ~3 bottles left.
    Creed - Aventus for Her - ~2 bottles left.

Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte, Dior - Eau Sauvage, Penhaglion's - Opus 1870, 80s triple pack - good availability.

Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc - bottles 1 and 2 sold out, 90ml remain in last bottle in hand - final orders!

The Hermes, Dior and Tom Ford are all ideal warm weather scents. Dior is masculine, Hermes and TF could be worn by either gender.

Open splits:
    Creed - Jardin d'Amalfi.
    Creed - Neroli Sauvage.
    Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros.
    I've removed these due to lack of interest - if you're interested in these, message me ASAP.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Amended order sent, pm'd you Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Just wanted to say thanks yet again Pat and that I absolutely love the xerjoff mefisto I got off you last week and if you are ever thinking of picking up more I would definitely take some! 10ml ain’t gonna last me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

How much is tom ford ?

Homer wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks yet again Pat and that I absolutely love the xerjoff mefisto I got off you last week and if you are ever thinking of picking up more I would definitely take some! 10ml ain’t gonna last me :o
    It's good stuff alright! Snapped up a deal on a single bottle a while back but them deals seem to be gone now so don't see it being split again for a while!

carq wrote: »
    How much is tom ford ?
    The Eau de Soleil Blanc EdT? €20/47/66 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml portion comes in the original 100ml bottle (i.e. half full) and box. I have 90ml left to allocate on the final bottle.

BTW, for those interested, I've just been reading about the apparent close similarity between Histoires de Parfums 1725 Casanova (of which I have a single 30ml split remaining at €59) and Invasion Barbare by Parfums MDCI - they're not meant to be exactly the same but definitely quite similar - if you've been lusting after Invasion Barbare but have been put off by the astronomical price tag (€215 - €350 per 75ml bottle, depending on packaging), 1725 could be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Met Pat last night for my latest order

Bottles and labels class as usual

Looking forward to testing out the Viking at the weekend :)

Cheers K-UCC. I'm definitely getting a lot of positive vibes from people re Viking the last while - interest in it has shot up. I have 50ml bottle of it @ €77 BTW if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Robson99

Homer wrote: »

I agree. Super juice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Pat, I’ll take the Viking @ 77 as the other bottle I referrred to in my mail. Have tried it so not a blind buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Could I get a bottle of creed aventus please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pat can i ask you, in your experience what are the best bang for buck fragrances? obviously creed is very good, but expensive (at retail at least ;)) but are there any less expensive frags that are made by co's that use good quality ingredients that are under the radar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Cyrus wrote: »
    pat can i ask you, in your experience what are the best bang for buck fragrances? obviously creed is very good, but expensive (at retail at least ;)) but are there any less expensive frags that are made by co's that use good quality ingredients that are under the radar?
    https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Aventus-9828.html

Then

Ebay

Advertisement