Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Parkman77 wrote: »
    Throw my name down for it Pat!
    Throw me down for Italian Cyprus Pat

Good stuff. TBH I'm not sure it'll actually happen as it's not as well known as some of the 'biggies' but needs a lot of interest to make it viable - we'll see how it goes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Taking names for it at the moment (apologies, it's not om update above but should be in OP) - expect to order some in next few weeks.

Can you put me down for 1 x Aventus Woman

• Registered Users Posts: 27,861 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BTW, does anyone have an interest in Tom Ford - Italian Cypress? Discontinued Private Blend fragarnce; generally very good reviews. I can get it for a decent price, but would need a good few peeps signed up for it.

Hi Pat, you can put my name down on this.

If it was to happen when would you be thinking? June/July or earlier? I might grab some more stuff off you in the next few weeks so it'd be handy to bundle everything together.

Can you put me down for 1 x Aventus Woman
    She liked it last time so?!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Hi Pat, you can put my name down on this.

If it was to happen when would you be thinking? June/July or earlier? I might grab some more stuff off you in the next few weeks so it'd be handy to bundle everything together.
    Cheers. TBH it depends on people signing up - if I get 10+ I'll order it and hope to move the rest after. However, it's at a promo price at the moment and I don't know how long that'll last! Unfortunately I can't confirm the cost until I get it in my hands (it'd come from outside the EU so duty and VAT may be charged) but I would expect it to be in the same region as the last Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather splits. Regardless, there's never any problem paying for one split and me 'holding' it until you order other stuff later - I do it all the time.

I just wanted to come on and say that thanks to Pat I am smelling gorgeous :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Hi Pat,

Another order received, thank you.

As always, impeccably produced, packed and delivered.

And VERY happy with both fragrances :-)

Thanks again,
    Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Many thanks Pat, amazing service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Throw me down for Italian Cyprus Pat

and moi.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Italian Cyprus for me too dude. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Will try an Italian cypress too pat

• Advertisement

Italian Cypress looking more likely at this stage! A few quotes from Fragrantica:

"Classy, masculine, powerful, and sexy."
    "One of the best Tom Ford releases... Sadly not sold in stores any longer."
    "Cypress done to perfection. Deep and serious. People around you will show respect"
    "I should have bought a gallon of this stuff before it was discontinued."
    "Italian Cypress does in fact smell like the cypress tree. It manages to capture the entirety of the tree: the green stiff briskness of evergreen, the pine-like moisture of the wood, the soil and air and sunshine."

Italian Cypress looking more likely at this stage! A few quotes from Fragrantica:

"Classy, masculine, powerful, and sexy."
    "One of the best Tom Ford releases... Sadly not sold in stores any longer."
    "Cypress done to perfection. Deep and serious. People around you will show respect"
    "I should have bought a gallon of this stuff before it was discontinued."
    "Italian Cypress does in fact smell like the cypress tree. It manages to capture the entirety of the tree: the green stiff briskness of evergreen, the pine-like moisture of the wood, the soil and air and sunshine."

.......or maybe not! Just checked supplier, and they've removed the Italian Cypress listing! I'll keep an eye out for it but, given that it's discontinued, I won't be getting my hopes up......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'd be interested too if it goes ahead!

Update on what's left in hand.

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 26/04/2018 - individual details in OP or PM me if not.

In hand or already ordered
    Creed - Millesime Imperial: Last 50ml bottle available.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: plenty available - in hand.
    Jo Malone - Lime Basil & Mandarin: 1 x 30ml available @ €45 - in hand. Female.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: Last 30ml left - in hand.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 50ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Full Incense: 40ml left for 10 / 30ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 90ml available for 10/30/50ml splits - in hand.
    Mancera - Aoud Blue Notes: Last 10ml left - in hand.
    Tom Ford - Noir Anthracite: Last 50ml (in original 100ml bottle) left - in hand.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : 60ml available for 10/40ml splits - in hand.
    Amouage - Ciel Man: 1 x 30ml available - in hand.
    Xerjoff - Mefisto: Last 10ml available @ €29 - in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Hi Pat,

Do you ever do a Tom Ford oud wood split?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Thanks

Pat ran a split at the end of Jan start of Feb on it.
    I kicked myself for only getting a small split on it, so if it popped up again I'd be on for another drop, absolutely amazing stuff IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hi Pat,

Do you still have the Amouage left?

I'll take it if you do.

Cheers

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Thanks
    As DrZ said, I've done done it previously (a couple of times actually) - should be on the agenda again in Autumn.

Hi Pat,

Do you still have the Amouage left?

I'll take it if you do.

Cheers
    The Ciel? Gone I'm afraid. Have my eye on a couple more though once I shift a few more bits: Myths, Honour and Lyric.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Hi Pat can you put me down for the 40ml of Montale - Full Incense that you have left please ?

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 02/05/2018 - individual details in OP or PM me if not.

Only ÒNE of each of the following remaining - all in hand
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: 30ml @ €36. Classic, citrus / fresh, cologne.
    Mancera - Aoud Blue Notes: 10ml @ €16. Unusual, TF Oud Wood - ish scent.
    Xerjoff - Mefisto: 10ml available @ €29. Claimed to be one of the world's best citrus fragrances.Top end stuff.
    Tom Ford - Noir Anthracite: 50ml in original 100ml bottle @ €65. Fantastic, dark wood / green, fragrance - very masculine.
    The AdP, MAncera and Xerjoff will likely never be split again so last chance saloon! I may do the TF again (becuase it's so good) but it'll be a good while.

Also available - all in hand
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: plenty available. Kinda groovy, cool scent.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 50ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits. Fantastic juice - very sensual.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 90ml available for 10/30/50ml splits. Tuscan Leather's slightly bonkers French cousin.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : 60ml available for 10/40ml splits. Very refined and formal.

Creed fragrances update
    While there is no way of being certain, it is looking very much like Creed is turning / has turned off the tap to "cheap"(ish!) authorized distributors of 250ml / 500ml flacons. The presumed reason for this is that they want to align prices in all markets (to the highest ones of course!). Currently, they supply flacons to continental Europe cheaper than the UK (becuase Creed doesn't have as much brand cachet in Europe) but, as their business has risen over the last 5 - 10 years and they have formed their own distribution network, it looks like they're trying to get everyone in step price-wise*.
    The net result of this is likely to be both a significant reduction in availability of flacons (partly becuase of a fire at a supplier factory) - possibly limited to just Creed themselves and select sellers - and a considerable rise in their price for splitters. There is still some supply of various flacons working their way through the system at the 'old' price but the rumour is that when these are gone, they're gone forever.

Depending on interest I (think) I can get the following - if you're interested in any speak now! Any order will likely happen in the next few days, but I may not actually split some for a while yet.
    Original Santal.
    Viking.
    Neroli Sauvage.
    Erolfa.
    Original Vetiver.
    Royal Mayfair.
    (I haven't put some fragrances that were recently split, or failed to complete, here).

I have ordered:
    Virgin Island Water.
    Aventus for Her.

I have my fingers crossed to receive one flacon of each of these soon (not 100% sure if they sent them - language barriers!):
    Aventus.
    Green Irish Tweed.

NB: none of this is 100% confirmed yet, and may yet turn out not to be the case. However, as best as I can make out, this is what's happening and it's last chance to pick up Creed splits at 'low' prices.

*Creed are / were unusual for a luxury brand in having different pricing in adjacent markets. If you look at, e.g., Chanel, they wield an iron fist over distribution and pricing - it is VERY difficult to find Chanel stuff cheaper than RRP (even if you look at storewide sales, the small print oftehn excludes Chanel).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Boourns :(

Got a box from the courier last night with a flacon each of Aventus (batch 17X01) and Green Irish Tweed! A fair bit of the Aventus is already allocated - I've just been on to a supplier this morning who says they'll have more Aventus next week but, at the moment, I can't confirm getting any more than the bottle in hand. GIT is all available. Also, Viking will happen (@ €77 / 50ml as I can only get 250ml flacons (more expensive per ml), and it costs more anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

What’s your take/review on Viking Pat?

What’s your take/review on Viking Pat?

It got a bit of bad press initially (as the 'difficult second album' follow up to Aventus, it was always going to) but the general feeling in the fragrance community seems to be very much warming to it now - one poster on Basenotes who sold his first run bottle as he didn't think it was great just bought a new one recently even.

I think it's really good - personally, I reckon it's more versatile than Aventus as it's less 'shouty'. It's definitely a bit more 'mature' than Aventus too, and I think better suited to a workplace.

Yeah some of those early reviews on Fragrantica aren’t exactly glowing alright!
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Hi Pat,could I have the 30ml of Acqua di Parma if still available.

regards smalltalk

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Hi Pat

First timer here..I'll take 50ml of Creed Aventus if you have any left.

Pat,
    You have my name down for one of the GIT’s already don’t ya?

Pat,
    You have my name down for one of the GIT’s already don’t ya?

Now I do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hi Pat,

As previously stated if Original Santal is going ahead i will take one.

Also put my name down for aventus also please.

I keep finding myself grabbing it as my go to daily.....will make any price hikes painful :(:(

Advertisement