Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options
1144145146147148150»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Funny thing is I've seen folks saying the recent batches are good! I haven't had Viking in for a while now so can't comment specifically - but that decant has had a few years to macerate so may have more 'oomph' than it had originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi P can I change my Aventus request to 2 GITs please?

You can of course, but I don't have any GIT on hand and it's likely to be some time before I do. Alternatively I can get a price for a 100ml retail bottle if you want - just drop me a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Hi pat. Sent you a txt but would like to order a few bits. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anything available this weather at all @Padraig Mor hoping to finally getting on a split or even if you had anything lying about

• Advertisement

I had intended to do my first list of 2024 in February but, frankly, didn't bother my arse! I have a few bits here alright and some ideas for other splits. Email should roll out late next week..... providing I bother my arse this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Any aventus absolou pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

PM sent Padraig 👍

• Advertisement

FYI if anyone is mulling Aventus Absolu act quick - it was advertised as a limited edition and Creed seem to be acting on this as they've asked stores to return all unsold bottles (no doubt to re-release them down the line....). I don't have any though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat. Any chance doing a split of Percival over the next few months? Will take 2×50ml if ya do! Thanks

Will eye it up for next time. PdM prices at discounters have shot up though!

Fragrance Splits - March 2024

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

Plastic bottles and An Post shipping

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.95 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Left overs

Stuff that hasn’t sold yet.....in hand or due in soon.

*Creed – Aventus*: €112 for 50ml. Due in soon.

Atkinson’s – English Lavender **reduced**€6 €5 €4 for 10ml, or €11 €9 €7 for 20ml.

Berdoues – Guaria Morada **reduced** (female): €11 €10 €9 for 10ml, €21 €19 €17 for 20ml.

Demeter – Gin & Tonic **reduced**€8.50 €7 €6 for 10ml, or €16.50 €13 €11 for 20ml.

The Woods Collection - Glow **reduced**: €12 €11 for 10ml, or €23 €21 for 20ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED

Viking (in hand)

An Aventus beater for me (and a good number of other splits chaps), albeit it’s a very different fragrance. Warming spices and wood, great for cooler weather. More subtle than its famous older brother, and a little more ‘mature’ too. “Viking is a beautiful aromatic fougere with clean and traditional masculine qualities. It opens with a bright citrus top of bergamot, lemon and orange, alongside a sharp mint and aromatic lavender. In the heart there’s a touch of warm spices coming from the clove and allspice, while soft florals balance things out. The pink pepper is very prominent too, however not in your face. It blends very well with the mint and lavender to leave you with a very clean and elegant barbershop style fragrance”.

€32 for 10ml, €62 for 20ml, or €91 for 30ml.

..................................................................................................

TOM FORD

Oud Wood (on the way)

Tom Ford’s legendary smooth, office safe oud. That price is as good as it gets these too folks (unfortunately)!. “The smell of the scent itself is FANTASTIC. Smooth, suave, woody, oudy, fresh, whifs of sweetness. The scent dies down to a more woody approachable oud. Classy but not pretentious. Sexy but not sex. Very versatile and definitely signature scent worthy.” (Fragrantica).

€29.50 for 10ml, last one.

Oud Minerale (in hand)

New release from Tom Ford – or more correctly, a repackaging of the former Private Blend Oud Minerale, now in the cheaper Signature line. A lighter, fresher take on oud, with the emphasis on marine notes. “ Oud Minerale 2023 is an interesting marine, salty scent with a strong seaweed accord. Different from any other salty marine scents I have tested so far. It’s not sweet in the slightest, no floral notes, just salty, aromatic, marine and woody! In a nutshell, it’s an aquatic, mineral take on a oud fragrance.”.

€21.50 for 10ml, €41 for 20ml, or €59.50 for 30ml.

..............................................................................................................................

THE WOODS COLLECTION

North Star (on the way)

I’m really impressed with this brand – they produce high quality clones and original fragrances that are exceptional value for money. This is a aromatic citrus ‘dumb reach’ everyday cologne that is quite close to Bleu de Chanel, but sweeter. “This is a fantastic clean, fresh, soapy, barbershop, elegant and expensive smelling fragrance.” – Fragrantica user. 

€12.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €33 for 30ml.

..............................................................................................................................................................

'BARGAIN BLOKES’ – triple selection pack (in hand)

Looking for a ready made selection of old school manly scents? Here you go! Three solid picks that range from old school cool to modern retro – and all easy on the pocket! Features one bottle of each of the following:

Jacomo – Jacomo do Jacomo: more 80s than Magnum PI, this hits hard with oodles of oakmoss and attitude. Maybe give it a miss in the office though…

Lalique – Encre Noir a l’Extreme: a noticeably dark, leaden opening quickly gives way to a restrained, dry vetiver.

Bentley – For Men Intense: the ‘lightest’ of the three, but that’s relative…. Great value boozy wood and spices.

€25 for 3 x 10ml, or 42 for 3 x 20ml.

.............................................................................................................................................................

AMOUAGE

Jubilation XXV (in hand)

*First time in years*

At last – a relisting for the legendarily opulent Jubilation XXV – one of the very first scents I ever split. Hasn’t been available at a reasonable price for a very long time – so grab it while the going is good! Classic (and classy) Amouage. “Jubilation XXV is a fragrance that's not messing around – it's a damn masterpiece for men. Right off the bat, it hits you with a bold combo of blackberry, olibanum, orange, labdanum, coriander, and tarragon. This ain't your average scent; it's a symphony of power from the get-go. As it unfolds, you're hit with a barrage of notes that read like a warrior's arsenal. Honey, guaiac wood, cinnamon, bay leaf, clove, rose, orchid, and celery seeds – it's a scent battlefield that commands attention. This isn't for the faint-hearted; it's for the man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Now, let's talk about the base – opoponax, agarwood (oud), myrrh, patchouli, cedar, ambergris, musk, immortelle, and oakmoss. It's like a lineup of powerhouse ingredients that stick around, making a statement long after you've left the room. This fragrance isn't just a scent; it's a declaration. It's for the man who commands respect, who walks into a room and turns heads. Jubilation XXV is a timeless masterpiece that speaks volumes without saying a word. It's manly, it's direct, and it's a fragrance that doesn't ask for attention – it demands it.” – Fragrantica user.

€26.50 for 10ml, €51 for 20ml, €74.50 for 30ml, or €117.50 for 50ml (not original bottle).

..............................................................................................................................................................

THOMAS KOSMALA

Tonic Vert (on the way)

Some nice warmer weather juice here from Kosmala, with a green and citrus focus. “Bitter lime and bergamot combination in the opening, before mint and the earthy combination of oakmoss and vetiver joins in, on a light musk base. Dont actually get that much lemon in the beginning. I get this citrusy combination with bitterness throughout its life on my skin. Towards the end, the lime and lemon are left with soft musk.” – Fragrantica user.

€16 for 10ml or €30 for 20ml.

18.21 MAN MADE

Noble Oud (in hand)

Parfum strength easy wearing woodsy fragrance. A great budget pick that smells like it cost a lot more. “Vibrant nuances of Calabrian bergamot, golden amber and ripe grapefruit open up the fragrance, followed by bright lemon rind, clove leaf, and smoked oud. The bottom is rounded out with rosewood, vanilla flower and musk for a complex, masculine fragrance.

€11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, or €30 for 30ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi Padraig,

first time buyer here, Ill take 20ml Creed Viking, please

Payment by PayPal asap

Thanks

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rerun242

Hi Pat,could I take 20ml of our minerale and 30ml of jubilation if available. Thanks you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 StoryBoy123

PM Sent 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Hi Pat, package arrived. All perfect as always. Cheers 👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hey Pat

Any Aventus in stock?

need some new juice for weekend after next so if not in time I'll take 20 mil of Viking & 30 ml of tonic Vert

thanks

Yes, I have a few Aventus 50ml left in hand at €112 plus shipping. Will drop you a line!

Advertisement