Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Picked up a couple more new bottles from Pat in the last week or so there.
    Excellent service as always!
    Creed Silver Mountain Water. Really light, fresh, unisex, an everyday, easy to wear smell.
    Tom Ford Anthracite Noir. Really really nice. Like no other smell that i’ve had before. Hard to describe. Long lasting smell too.
    Tom Ford Black Orchid. Big smell. Unisex. Lasts for ages. Kinda blown me away actually how nice it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Aventus update

I've heard (unconfirmed) reports that Aventus supply is to be majorly restricted for the next several months following a fire at a raw ingredient plant. Supposedly, Creed have stopped producing 250/500ml flacons until Autumn, in favour of smaller volume bottles......which are of course not much good for splitting! It has also been reported that Creed will shortly ask suppliers to stop selling their fragrances online until production increases, plus that they are going to significantly increase the wholesale price of Aventus in markets where they feel the price is 'too low'.

Whether any or all of this is accurate, I don't know. However, I have been waiting for a couple of flacons of Aventus since January without joy. I have ordered a flacon with a supplier new to me which is currently on its way to me - however, it has to come via Parcel Motel as they don't ship to Ireland so there is obviously a significantly increased risk of damage. This supplier is now out of it too (I got their last bottle AFAIK). Presuming this flacon gets to me OK, it should be split this week but may be the last one for a while! Prices may also rise for future splits if the above reports are correct as well.

I will post any updates / clarification when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Do you have Aventus for her?

Do you have Aventus for her?

Not at the moment, but will in the medium term - looking at early summer-ish. Feel free to put your name down - the more people signed up, the quicker it'll happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Ok put me down for it, what's the process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Hi Padraig,

Quick one - I've seen TF Soleil Blanc mentioned earlier in the thread. Would you have any available?

Thx,
    Ed

Aventus:

I received a flacon of Aventus yesterday. As above, this may be the last one I can get my hands on for a while, and at the current price. (Of course, it may all turn out to be fine in a few weeks as well, but I just don't know at the moment!). I have about five bottles left to allocate if anyone's looking for some. Note that I don't think I'll have these ready to ship by Monday - I'm then out of the country the rest of the week, so it's likely to be week beginning April 23rd before they ship.

Pat,

I’ll take another bottle of Aventus off you please.
    No hurry on my part.

Ok put me down for it, what's the process?
    I've your name down for it here. When I get enough names to go ahead with the order, I'll send you a payment request. ETA a month or two. Note this depends on its availability - apparently it's also affected by the apparent supply issue details above.
    Edser wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

Quick one - I've seen TF Soleil Blanc mentioned earlier in the thread. Would you have any available?

Thx,
    Ed
    No I'm afraid. I listed it a while back but there was only one or two signed up so it didn't go ahead. I might stick it up again for the summer though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I'll take an aventus pat, hang tight and I go through the list and pick another too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Hi Pat,

Haven't purchased from you previously but could you put me down for a bottle of Aventus please?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Edser wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

Thx,
    Ed
    No I'm afraid. I listed it a while back but there was only one or two signed up so it didn't go ahead. I might stick it up again for the summer though![/quote]

No problem, thanks.

Please stick me down for an Aventus and a Chanel No 5 l’eau.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

hi pat il take the aventus if there's any left!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I think the remaining slots of Aventus Creed are now full but if not, I would sign up for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ChunLi

Another back-up here if any of the others fall through for Aventus Creed.

Jackobyte and ChunLi: I'm afraid Stevveyg grabbed the last bottle in this batch! I've put your names down for the next split.........whenever that will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Received another delivery from Pat last week and have had a chance to try them out.

TF Tuscan Leather - I like this one a lot, definitely leather but I get a very very smokey aroma. Very long lasting too, I could smell it on my jacket collar the following day :O I'm really liking these TF private blends. This is up there with my current favourite TF Oud Wood.

TF Noir Anthracite - Not sure I'm liking this one, I may need to give it a few more tries, compared to the Extreme variant this seems very light and weak (I'm no connoisseur), maybe its just my nose though.

Mancera Aoud Blue Notes - Now this was a surprise, very nice but not very long lasting, strong start for the first hour or so but after 6-7 hours it disappears completely. It'll get a good run this summer all the same!

And as usual the packaging was top notch :)

DrZeuss wrote: »
    TF Noir Anthracite - Not sure I'm liking this one, I may need to give it a few more tries, compared to the Extreme variant this seems very light and weak (I'm no connoisseur), maybe its just my nose though.

That's funny - I find it very strong smelling (ans much 'denser' than the Extreme), albeit it doesn't seem to last especially long. One of my recent faves TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

That's funny - I find it very strong smelling (ans much 'denser' than the Extreme), albeit it doesn't seem to last especially long. One of my recent faves TBH.

I definitely think it's my nose thats the issue :pac:

For example a few years ago I had a bottle of Paul Smith London, I got a very very strong smell of coconut from it (coconut is not listed as being part of the scent) but other people were smelling campfire off me :o

I'll not give up on it though, as it took me a few trips through Duty Free to like TF Grey Vetiver too!

I'm out of the country until Saturday, so please excuse any delay in replying to messages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Bring us back something nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hi Pat

I will take a Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta if you still have some

Also are you doing a split of creed santal?

Hi Pat

I will take a Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta if you still have some

Also are you doing a split of creed santal?

Yip, have two of the AdP left (nice stuff BTW). I listed a Creed Original Santal (that's what you're after yeah?) a little while back but it got little interest TBH.

Updated lists of splits etc coming later today hopefully. New summer splits then coming in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Robson99

Received another top class supply from Pat last week

Xerjoff mefisto - fabulous. Real fresh and summery. Really love this.

Tom Forde Noir Anthracite. Totally different. Earthy and more of a night fragrance.

Chanel for her indoors. She really likes this. Lighter and more youthful than previous chanel.
    Thanks pat

Robson99 wrote: »
    Received another top class supply from Pat last week

Xerjoff mefisto - fabulous. Real fresh and summery. Really love this.

Tom Forde Noir Anthracite. Totally different. Earthy and more of a night fragrance.

Chanel for her indoors. She really likes this. Lighter and more youthful than previous chanel.
    Thanks pat

Good stuff. Anthracite is a winner alright.

Updated 23/04/18:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Important note re Aventus and Green Irish Tweed
    There is a Europe wide shortage of Aventus (in 500ml flacons). I have pair of flacons ordered (and paid for!) since January but no sign of them yet. I recently shipped out the final bottle of Aventus which I could get my hands on so until further notice I have no Aventus. Whenever availability improves I'll have it again - I am still taking names, but not money until I know it's on the way to me - I hope this will be sooner rather than later!

This has affected Green Irish Tweed for me as well as, while there is no problems with availability of this, I have a flacon of it on the same order as the Aventus - so it's waiting on the Aventus to arrive before it ships to me!

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 23/04/2018 - individual details further down this post or PM me if not.

In hand or already ordered
    Creed - Millesime Imperial: Last 50ml bottle available.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: plenty available - in hand.
    Jo Malone - Lime Basil & Mandarin: 1 x 30ml available @ €45 - in hand. Female.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: Last 30ml left - in hand.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 50ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Full Incense: 40ml left for 10 / 30ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 90ml available for 10/30/50ml splits - in hand.
    Mancera - Aoud Blue Notes: 2 x 10ml left - in hand.
    Tom Ford - Noir Anthracite: 2 x 50ml in original 100ml bottles left - in hand.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : 60ml available for 10/40ml splits - in hand.
    Amouage - Ciel Man: Last 30ml bottle available - in hand.
    Xerjoff - Mefisto: Last 10ml available @ €29 - in hand.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New splits!:

Tom Ford: Noir Anthracite *in hand*
    237085003?$prod_main$

The latest from Tom Ford's standard line, this is a surprisingly 'niche' scent. Instead of the sweet vanilla of its Noir stable mates, this is a much darker, more masculine affair. Very green, but very earthy too. A bit like Amouage's Memoir if it was buried under several feet of soil. I'm honestly blown away by this one. RRP €99 / 50ml.

€65 / 50ml 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle (i.e. half full) & box. 2 x 50ml available.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Montale *in hand*
    12.jpg?1417468586

Full Incense
    Like Heeley's Eau Sacree or Cardinal? Then you'll like this! Straight down the line church-style incense. Really good, and lasts well. RRP ~€90 / 50ml. I’ve been watching this one for a while and it’s rare to pick it up discounted.
    €19 / 10ml or €41.50 / 30ml. 1 x 10ml and 1 x 30ml available.

Aoud Leather
    Could be considered Montale's version of Tuscan Leather, although it's certainly not a clone and is rather more pungent than TL (which is saying something).
    €19/41.50/57 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml portion gets original 100ml packaging. 90ml available.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian: Lumiere Noir Homme *in hand*
    49806.jpg?width=400&404=product.png

My first MFK split! This is a rich, dense, formal fragrance - ideal for evening wear. Donning a tux? This will go very well with it. RRP €130 / 70ml.

€24 / 10ml or €74 / 40ml 40ml portion comes in original (rather nice) 70ml bottle & box. 40ml plus 2 x 10ml available.

Mancera: Aoud Blue Notes *in hand*
    375x500.30383.jpg

Opens with a citrusy union of bergamot, mandarin and Calabrian lemon, completed with fruity and green notes. The heart introduces floral accords of ylang-ylang, violet, rose and orris, spiced with earthy and woody shades of patchouli leaves. The base accentuates guaiac wood combined with sandalwood, while intense leather and amber provide warmth to the composition.” I get a touch of Tom Ford Oud Wood as well. RRP €80 / 60ml.

€16 / 10ml 2 x 10ml available.

Amouage: Ciel *in hand*
    87_ciel_pour_homme_amouage_for_men.jpg

The high quality compositions of Amouage need no introduction. Ciel is lighter than many of their offerings, great for Spring / Summer. RRP €240 / 50ml.

€60 / 30ml. 1 x 30ml available.

Creed: Acier Aluminium *in hand*
    o.16293.jpg
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced another bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.

€36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml.

Creed (all E70 / 50ml)
    440490.jpg

Millesime Imperial - *in hand* (only one left)
    A salty, marine vibe. This is perhaps surprisingly versatile and works well for most occasions. Unisex but tending to male. "The gold standard in fragrance, this refreshing and invigorating scent evokes the citrus groves and lush seaside palace". RRP €180 / 50ml.

Acqua di Parma: Colonia Assoluta *in hand*
    assoluta_dx.png

Great, fresh, citrus cologne, which generally seems to be the best reviewed of the AdiP Colonia lineup. Unisex and great for day wear. RRP €76 / 50ml.

€36 / 30ml. 1 bottle left.

Histoires de Parfums: 1725 Casanova *in hand*
    81XGZfvFBhL._SY355_.jpg

Really great, powdery, fragrance, very 'Spring'. One of my top picks. RRP €35 / 15ml.

€24.50 / 10ml or €59 / 30ml. 50ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hey Pat

Any Aventus for woman coming in stock down the line?

Hey Pat

Any Aventus for woman coming in stock down the line?

Taking names for it at the moment (apologies, it's not om update above but should be in OP) - expect to order some in next few weeks.

BTW, does anyone have an interest in Tom Ford - Italian Cypress? Discontinued Private Blend fragarnce; generally very good reviews. I can get it for a decent price, but would need a good few peeps signed up for it.

BTW, does anyone have an interest in Tom Ford - Italian Cypress? Discontinued Private Blend fragarnce; generally very good reviews. I can get it for a decent price, but would need a good few peeps signed up for it.

Throw my name down for it Pat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Throw me down for Italian Cyprus Pat

Advertisement