Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Doylers wrote: »
    I'm going Thursday morning :( Wonder can I bang on so much it lasts a week :P:pac:

You can normally pick up atomisers in a chemist or dealz or somesuch if you're badly stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

You can normally pick up atomisers in a chemist or dealz or somesuch if you're badly stuck

I'll have a look so!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I'll have a look so!
    DO NOT spray into your atomiser. Decant it with a syringe. There's videos on YouTube.
    Also wrap some plumbers tape around the top to seal it in. I find it just not the same when you spray it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Lads has anyone travelled with the bottles in their carry on? Wondering whats the story since it doesn't say the size in ml on them.

I’ve traveled to Switzerland twice and and to the USA three times with Pats 50ml bottles. Never once has it even been looked at. As long as it was in the little plastic bag. The limit is 100ml per liquid item and they certainly don’t look 100ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Some of the bottles have a volume on the label but most don't. It's not something I thought of TBH but I reckon you should be fine!

• Advertisement

I'm out of the country from tomorrow morning until Friday night, so please excuse any delayed responses!

I'm out of the country from tomorrow morning until Friday night, so please excuse any delayed responses!

Bring us back something nice!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JSLL88

Received my 50ml bottle of Creed Aventus from Pat today, Delighted with it. Look forward to trying some more fragrances in the future!

Thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Lads has anyone travelled with the bottles in their carry on? Wondering whats the story since it doesn't say the size in ml on them.
    I’ve traveled to Switzerland twice and and to the USA three times with Pats 50ml bottles. Never once has it even been looked at. As long as it was in the little plastic bag. The limit is 100ml per liquid item and they certainly don’t look 100ml.

Just returned from Poland

Herself brought Aventus for Her

No issue at all once in the plastic bag

You should be grand Doylers

Bring us back something nice!
    :)

Had some nice stuff in Prague airport actually, including an Amouage section. Did a small bit of shopping there for the kids etc - lucky I didn't buy too much as I left the bloody bag behind me!

Actually, I was surprised how cheap the Tom Ford Private Blend stuff was in Dublin airport on the way out (I normally fly from Cork, who have feck all), although the selection was a bit random (e.g. no Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Had some nice stuff in Prague airport actually, including an Amouage section. Did a small bit of shopping there for the kids etc - lucky I didn't buy too much as I left the bloody bag behind me!

Actually, I was surprised how cheap the Tom Ford Private Blend stuff was in Dublin airport on the way out (I normally fly from Cork, who have feck all), although the selection was a bit random (e.g. no Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood...).
    I actually had a sniff of Oud Wood in House of Fraser on Thursday last. Really nice - they don't carry any Tuscan Leather. The assistant said Tuscan Leather was better than Oud Wood!
    Excited now! :)

Just got my latest juices from Pat...the TF Anthracite which I am blown away by! Amazing earthy tones.
    The Creed silver mountain water I unsuspectingly sprayed onto 1 of the girls at work...and she loves it... Def a fragrance that works on both sexes.

As always, Pat's packaging is immaculate...no a drop spilled and never a chance of it happening....if anyone is sitting on the fence about an order...go for it, you will not be disappointed I promise.
    Many thanks Pat...and will wait for the Bois

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

JSLL88 wrote: »
    Received my 50ml bottle of Creed Aventus from Pat today, Delighted with it. Look forward to trying some more fragrances in the future!

Thanks Pat!

Same

Thanks Pat. Will keep an eye for future offers

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hi Pat,

Anything to be said for a split of Layton by Parfumes de Marley??

No one stocks it in Ireland and I couldn’t get my nose on it when in London.

It’s getting a lot of love and attention in the niche circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Received another well packaged order from Pat yesterday. First time having Green Irish Tweed, had only tested it in Harvey Nics before - really like it. Also got the Silver Mountain Water which I'm a big fan of.

Thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Pat,

Any GIT’s left?

Hi Pat,

Anything to be said for a split of Layton by Parfumes de Marley??

No one stocks it in Ireland and I couldn’t get my nose on it when in London.

It’s getting a lot of love and attention in the niche circles.

I've actually had my eye on Herod by PdM - know one place with it at a decent price but it's never in stock.....

Layton - don't know much about it other than it is well regarded. Can certainly do it if the interest is there........ Seems difficult to get discounted though so could be quite pricey.

Parkman77 wrote: »
    Pat,

Any GIT’s left?

Not in hand, but I have a bottle ordered for ages. This is being held up by out of stock Aventus on the same order. All of that bottle of GIT is available IIRC, but I'm just not sure when it'll be in!

I have your SMW BTW, will drop you a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Mine arrived yesterday... thanks Pat.

Got Creed Aventus for meself, always a winner and treated herself to Aventus for her, she's delighted with it.
    Also got Creed Millesime Imperial, its top notch...very happy with it, slightly more unisex than Aventus but its really really nice, tough to pick a favourite between that and Aventus.

As for people saying they think some of Creed's fragrances are less potent, last week i had 2 sprays of Aventus at 7am on the way out the door to work and that evening at about 5 a colleague asked me what aftershave i was wearing, and i wasn't particularly close to them.

I really like the Millesime Imperial actually. A bit less in your face than the Aventus. And if you like MI, check out Sel Marin by Heeley which is even more marine-y; available in (the rather wonderful) Parfumarija on Clarendon St, Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi Pat

Just wondering what you have Tom Ford wise ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Hi Pat

Just wondering what you have Tom Ford wise ?

Thread update coming later / tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I really like the Millesime Imperial actually. A bit less in your face than the Aventus. And if you like MI, check out Sel Marin by Heeley which is even more marine-y; available in (the rather wonderful) Parfumarija on Clarendon St, Dublin.

I have to say i really like the Millesime Imperial, my new favorite :cool:

Updated 28/03/18:

Please excuse the gap since last update - a lot of work has been going on in the background!

I can't update this post myself (need to ask a mod) so slots / volumes remaining may be a few days out of date. I'll normally update this post once per week and post an additional update once or twice per week to the last page of the thread.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Important note re Aventus and Green Irish Tweed
    Once again there is a Europe wide shortage of Aventus (in 500ml flacons). I have pair of flacons ordered (and paid for!) since January but no sign of them yet. This week I shipped out my final bottle of Aventus which I had in hand so until further notice I have no Aventus. Whenever availability improves I'll have it again - I am still taking names, but not money until I know it's on the way to me - I hope this will be sooner rather than later!

This has affected Green Irish Tweed for me as well as, while there is no problems with availability of this, I have a flacon of it on the same order as the Aventus - so it's waiting on the Aventus to arrive before it ships to me!

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 28/03/2018 - individual details further down this post or PM me if not.

In hand or already ordered
    Creed - Millesime Imperial: 2 50ml bottles in hand.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: plenty available - on the way.
    Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil: 2 x 10ml left @ €17 each - in hand. Female.
    Chanel No 5 L'eau: 2 50ml bottles left - in hand.
    Jo Malone - Lime Basil & Mandarin: 1 x 30ml available @ €45 - in hand. Female.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: 2 x 30ml left - in hand.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 50ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Full Incense: 40ml left for 10 / 30ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: full bottle available for 10/30/50ml splits - in hand.
    Mancera - Aoud Blue Notes: 80ml left for 10/30/60ml splits - in hand.
    Tom Ford - Noir Anthracite: 40ml available for 10/30ml splits, plus 2 x 50ml in original 100ml bottles - in hand.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : 60ml available for 10/40ml splits - in hand.
    Amouage - Ciel Man: 1 x 30ml available - in hand.
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid EdP: 1 x 10ml available @ €20 - in hand.
    Xerjoff - Mefisto: 2 x 10ml available @ €29 - in hand.

Last chance saloon!
    The following Creed splits have all had little interest and will be dropped soon without further signups - if you want some, now's the time to act: Himalaya, Spring Flower, Love in White.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New splits!:

Tom Ford: Noir Anthracite *ordered*
    237085003?$prod_main$

The latest from Tom Ford's standard line, this is a surprisingly 'niche' scent. Instead of the sweet vanilla of its Noir stable mates, this is a much darker, more masculine affair. Very green, but very earthy too. A bit like Amouage's Memoir if it was buried under several feet of soil. I'm honestly blown away by this one. RRP €99 / 50ml.

€20 / 10ml, €46 / 30ml or €65 / 50ml 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle (i.e. half full) & box. 40ml plus 2 x 50ml available.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Montale *in hand*
    12.jpg?1417468586

Full Incense
    Like Heeley's Eau Sacree or Cardinal? Then you'll like this! Straight down the line church-style incense. Really good, and lasts well. RRP ~€90 / 50ml. I’ve been watching this one for a while and it’s rare to pick it up discounted.
    €19 / 10ml or €41.50 / 30ml. 1 x 10ml and 1 x 30ml available.

Aoud Leather
    Could be considered Montale's version of Tuscan Leather, although it's certainly not a clone and is rather more pungent than TL (which is saying something).
    €19/41.50/57 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml portion gets original 100ml packaging. 100ml available.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian: Lumiere Noir Homme *in hand*
    49806.jpg?width=400&404=product.png

My first MFK split! This is a rich, dense, formal fragrance - ideal for evening wear. Donning a tux? This will go very well with it. RRP €130 / 70ml.

€24 / 10ml or €74 / 40ml 40ml portion comes in original (rather nice) 70ml bottle & box. 40ml plus 2 x 10ml available.

Mancera: Aoud Blue Notes *in hand*
    375x500.30383.jpg

Opens with a citrusy union of bergamot, mandarin and Calabrian lemon, completed with fruity and green notes. The heart introduces floral accords of ylang-ylang, violet, rose and orris, spiced with earthy and woody shades of patchouli leaves. The base accentuates guaiac wood combined with sandalwood, while intense leather and amber provide warmth to the composition.” I get a touch of Tom Ford Oud Wood as well. RRP €80 / 60ml.

€16 / 10ml, €34 / 30ml or €47 / 60ml. 60ml portion gets original 120ml bottle and packaging. 80ml available.

Amouage: Ciel *in hand*
    87_ciel_pour_homme_amouage_for_men.jpg

The high quality compositions of Amouage need no introduction. Ciel is lighter than many of their offerings, great for Spring / Summer. RRP €240 / 50ml.

€60 / 30ml. 1 x 30ml available.

Creed: Acier Aluminium *on the way*
    o.16293.jpg
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced another bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.

€36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml.

Creed (all E70 / 50ml)
    440490.jpg

Millesime Imperial - *in hand* (2 x 50ml left)
    A salty, marine vibe. This is perhaps surprisingly versatile and works well for most occasions. Unisex but tending to male. "The gold standard in fragrance, this refreshing and invigorating scent evokes the citrus groves and lush seaside palace". RRP €180 / 50ml.

Himalaya
    Classic, masculine cologne. Male. "A seductive scent of citrus mixes with warmer notes of sandalwood and cedarwood to recreate the snowcapped Tibetan landscape......this fragrance is the embodiment of pure confidence and rugged masculinity". RRP €180 / 50ml.

.......................................................................................................................................

Creed Women's
    440491.jpg

Love in White
    "An ode to Creed’s sophisticated craftsmanship and passion for the world’s finest ingredients, Love In White combines hand-selected essences from five continents, a fragrant statement of global unity and peace. The scent is pure freedom—a floral-fresh blend grounded by Florentine iris, French daffodils, and subdued, powdery Tonkin rice". RRP €132 / 30ml.

Spring Flower
    "Spring Flower is an attempt to bottle the glamor and fashion of Hollywood’s Golden Age. Much like the erstwhile starlets of the silver screen, the style and grace of this scent is a timeless classic." RRP €132 / 30ml.

Chanel
    440493.jpg

No 5 L’eau (female) – *in hand*

Chanel's iconic No 5 is the world's most gifted perfume. It's also apparently the most RE-gifted as many women don't seem to actually like it! This L'eau version is a recent addition by Chanel and attempt to 'modernise' No 5 to something a bit lighter. They seem to have succeeded as it rates considerably higher than the original on consumer review sites. RRP €68 / 35ml or €89 / 50ml.

€69 / 50ml. 2 bottles left.

Acqua di Parma: Colonia Assoluta *in hand*
    assoluta_dx.png

Great, fresh, citrus cologne, which generally seems to be the best reviewed of the AdiP Colonia lineup. Unisex and great for day wear. RRP €76 / 50ml.

€36 / 30ml. 2 bottles left.

Histoires de Parfums: 1725 Casanova *in hand*
    81XGZfvFBhL._SY355_.jpg

Really great, powdery, fragrance, very 'Spring'. One of my top picks. RRP €35 / 15ml.

€24.50 / 10ml or €59 / 30ml. 50ml left.

Other splits

Creed

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~2/3 less instead?!

€70 / 50ml. **NB: unavailable until further notice** (see note at top of post)
    *new*: pro printed labels.

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Brown Thomas price: €264.50.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

€70 / 50ml. Held up at supplier - ETA TBC (see note at top of post).
    ~5 bottles left to allocate.

AVENTUS FOR HER
    894_107e7a8456cccbbe611046519c84b35b.png

It's Aventus......but for women! Which of course means they charge more! RRP €230 / 75ml.

€75/50ml.
    Coming before summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Hey

Do you do discontinued fragrances? Looking for Emporio Armani White (also known as Red) for him. It was discontinued years ago.

Hey

Do you do discontinued fragrances? Looking for Emporio Armani White (also known as Red) for him. It was discontinued years ago.

The odd niche one if I come across it. I'll keep my eye open for that one though and alert you if I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

The odd niche one if I come across it. I'll keep my eye open for that one though and alert you if I see it.

That would be great, much appreciated. Thank you.

Quite a few bits now down to the last bottle or two......

I'm hoping to have Aventus back in stock in a week or so as well!

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 06/04/2018 - individual details in the OP or PM me if not.

In hand or already ordered
    Creed - Millesime Imperial: 2 50ml bottles in hand.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: plenty available - in hand.
    Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil: 1 x 10ml left - in hand. Female.
    Chanel No 5 L'eau: 1 50ml bottle left - in hand.
    Jo Malone - Lime Basil & Mandarin: 1 x 30ml available @ €45 - in hand. Female.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: 2 x 30ml left - in hand.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 50ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Full Incense: 40ml left for 10 / 30ml splits - in hand.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 90ml available for 10/30/50ml splits - in hand.
    Mancera - Aoud Blue Notes: 80ml left for 10/30/60ml splits - in hand.
    Tom Ford - Noir Anthracite: 2 x 50ml in original 100ml bottles left - in hand.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noir Homme : 60ml available for 10/40ml splits - in hand.
    Amouage - Ciel Man: 1 x 30ml available - in hand.
    Xerjoff - Mefisto: 1 x 10ml available @ €29 - in hand.

Last chance saloon!
    The following Creed splits have all had little interest and will be dropped soon without further signups - if you want some, now's the time to act: Himalaya, Spring Flower, Love in White.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hi Pat,
    I would take a Tom Ford and Creed love in white if it goes ahead!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi Pat,
    I would take a Tom Ford and Creed love in white if it goes ahead!
    Thanks

The Anthracite? No problem. Don't see LIW happening unfortunately, barring a sudden rush of interest!

Advertisement