Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

what are you selling this week padraig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Hi Pat, what kind of money is the noir anthracite going for?....on mobile and can only go back 3 pages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

carq wrote: »
    Thanks let me know the craic

Any Tom Ford portofino going ?
    Have done Neroli Portofino previously - TBH it's not one I see happening again anytime soon unless there were a sudden burst of interest.
    Testament1 wrote: »
    Sprayed 1 shot of the Amouage Opus I received this week on my wrists yesterday evening, can still get a faint whiff of it now. Powerful stuff, good thing it smells mighty!!
    Different Amouages will appeal to different people but one thing that's never in doubt with this house is quality!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    what are you selling this week padraig?
    Hi Pat, what kind of money is the noir anthracite going for?....on mobile and can only go back 3 pages :(

Going to update the current split lists shortly (tonight hopefully - including Creed Silver Mountain Water - now 'on'), before adding a bunch of new stuff later this week including the TF Noir Anthracite and Tuscan Leather, as well as several single 100ml bottle only splits.

Haven't priced the new stuff up yet - will do in the next few days. Apologies for falling a bit behind with the new bits - for some reason I find the more 'free' time I have at home (as has been the case since last Tuesday night - only managed to get out of here today!), the less I seem to get done - something to do with being out of my routine I guess, plus lots of snowy fun with the kids!

Back to hospital tomorrow re my shoulder - hoping to get the OK to drive again which should help get deliveries back on track (although nearly everything to date is now gone out anyway). Hopefully I don't balls it up shoveling loads of snow the last few days!

Bois du Portugal and Green Irish Tweed participants (especially BdP, as you guys have already paid) - still nothing from the supplier re these; I've emailed them tonight.

Slots and volumes currently remaining of splits in hand, or coming soon, as of 05/03/2018 - individual details in the OP, along with details of other open splits.

In hand or already ordered

Creed - Aventus:3 50ml bottles left in hand. Beyond this will be mid March as backordered at supplier. Now with really nice pro printed metallic labels.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: ordered but being held up by backordered Aventus (above). ETA early to mid March. ~5 bottles left to allocate.
    Creed - Silver Mountain Water: coming soon, 2 50ml bottles left to allocate.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: 3 50ml bottles in hand.
    Creed - Millesime Imperial: 4 50ml bottles in hand.
    Creed - Bois du Portugal: backordered at Creed. 1 50ml bottle left to allocate. ETA mid March.
    Vetiver Triple pack: 1 set left in hand.
    Amouage - Beach Hut: ~50ml left for 10 / 30ml splits - in hand.
    Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil: 70ml left for 10 / 50ml slots - in hand.
    Chanel No 5 L'eau: 3 50ml bottles left - in hand.
    Jo Malone: 50ml left of Lime Basil & Mandarin (for 10/30ml), and 30ml of Myrrh & Tonka - in hand..
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta: 3 x 30ml left - in hand.
    Histoires de Parfums - 1725: 70ml left for 10 / 30 ml splits - in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Let me know the details for my order of Aventus and Acqua di Parma and i will transfer the cash.

Regards

OK, getting a few shows on the road!

Creed Silver Mountain Water: this is now happening. I have two 50ml slots left @ €70 plus shipping if applicable. I know a few people asked re this so now's your chance - it won't be happening again for a good while!

Green Irish Tweed: I'm sick of waiting for this to come in (held up by other out of stock items), so I'm just ordering more! Payment requests out. None available on this bottle, but I will have more available whenever the earlier bottle arrives.

Down to the last few of each of these - I don't expect to be doing these again for the foreseeable:
    Vetiver triple pack: 1 set of 3 x 10ml left.
    Amouage Beach Hut: 2 x 10ml left.

Bois du Portugal: the suppliers are shrugging their shoulders as they can't get it from Creed (who don't even have the large flacons available themselves). Apologies for the long delay with this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Creed Silver Mountain Water: this is now happening. I have two 50ml slots left @ €70 plus shipping if applicable.

Pat, throw my name down for one of these please!

Me too please Pat! :) For the Silver mountain water.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I got the Vetiver triple pack a few weeks back and they're nice fragrances. Bit of variety as well so no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Hi Pat,
    Do the GIT bottles come with the printed metal label like the Aventus?

I think you may have Perse already down...if so, I'll take the silver mountain too...if its gone, no harm no foul :)

Parkman77 wrote: »
    Pat, throw my name down for one of these please!
    Done.

I think you may have Perse already down...if so, I'll take the silver mountain too...if its gone, no harm no foul :)

Well spotted JK - yes Perse, you're on the list already! Last spot to Jack so.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I got the Vetiver triple pack a few weeks back and they're nice fragrances. Bit of variety as well so no harm.
    I'm not the world's biggest fan of Grey Vetiver and never have been, but I'm in a minority on that. Vetiver Extraordinaire and Bel Ami Vetiver blow me away every time.
    Hi Pat,
    Do the GIT bottles come with the printed metal label like the Aventus?
    No, the Aventus is really the only one that has enough takers to justify getting them done. Having said that, if there was a good offer at the printing company, I might jump.

Done.

Well spotted JK - yes Perse, you're on the list already! Last spot to Jack so.

Just got your email Pat, I'll do an ET in the morning for you :)

I'm not the world's biggest fan of Grey Vetiver and never have been, but I'm in a minority on that. Vetiver Extraordinaire and Bel Ami Vetiver blow me away every time.

Bel Ami can only be described as.. ahem.. savage

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Well Pat,

If you get no takers for the last triple vetiver pack would you consider splitting it up?

I have too much juice on the go already so couldnt justify getting another 3 but would gladly take one of the vetivers off your hands!!

Silver Mountain Water and latest GIT ordered and already shipped to me. Expect to start shipping them week beginning 19th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JSLL88

Hi Padraig,
    New buyer here, any Creed Aventus in stock?

JSLL88 wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,
    New buyer here, any Creed Aventus in stock?

Yes, although to the last few bottles in hand at this stage. Will shoot you a payment request - will ship Monday if you pay via Paypal or Revolut today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

What's the performance like on these latest aventus? I haven't heard much positives to be honest.

up4dabah wrote: »
    What's the performance like on these latest aventus? I haven't heard much positives to be honest.

I see no difference in them compared to any previous ones I've bought (from Pat or elsewhere).
    What have you been hearing?

Looking at the main fragrance forums, I see quite a few people saying its performance has been lessened in recent years. Whether that's actually the case I don't know, but there is no doubt that many fragrances (generally, not just Creed) have been affected by more and more restrictions by IFRA (the FIFA of fragrances, if you like) on what they can actually use in their products - generally for the worse. The use of oakmoss has been heavily restricted and I believe Creed were known for using it by the bucketload!

However, I believe the whole notion is somewhat overblown. Looking at fragrance forums would have you believe that every fragrance on the market now has been decimated and that 'vintage juice' is a panacea. Cries of 'reformulation' are legion, even where there is scant evidence that this is the case. TBH, I take the whole thing with a pinch of salt - I've never come across fragrances that disappear within an hour, despite many claims to this end online. While some / many fragrances may have been affected by regulation, does it really make that much difference?

Looking at Creed generally, and Aventus in particular, there seems to be a fair bit of evidence that its formulation has been changed, rendering it prone to anosmia - whereby the wearer finds it difficult to detect, but those around them do not. Essentially, the brain 'ignores' the smell after a while, even though it is still actually there. Certainly, I have come across situations where people wearing Aventus couldn't really smell it on themselves, but they were most certainly still pumping it out to others!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

For me Padraig... I like to wear a scent that other people notice on me. That fact that I stop smelling it doesn't bother me -it's that I come across smelling good to the people around me.

Hence the Aventus works really well for me.

Keep up the good work

yabadabado wrote: »
    I see no difference in them compared to any previous ones I've bought (from Pat or elsewhere).
    What have you been hearing?
    I've been reading stuff online, mainly fragrantica. I take it all with a pinch of salt really so I said I'd ask here first to see what experiences people are having in general with 2017 onwards batches of aventus, not with what padraig is selling.

If you could put me down for a 50ml aventus Padraig that would be much appreciated. I can collect as I live in Cork City. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Looking at Creed generally, and Aventus in particular, there seems to be a fair bit of evidence that its formulation has been changed, rendering it prone to anosmia - whereby the wearer finds it difficult to detect, but those around them do not. Essentially, the brain 'ignores' the smell after a while, even though it is still actually there. Certainly, I have come across situations where people wearing Aventus couldn't really smell it on themselves, but they were most certainly still pumping it out to others!

I definitely get this with Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. Can't smell it off myself after a while but if I go to put on the same t shirt or whatever I was wearing the next day I'll get a bang of the Aventus off it still so I know it's not that the fragrance disappeared!

Picked up a 50ml bottle of Aventus from the man himself in Turners Cross. Had a nice chat with him too, really nice guy! Very impressed with the bottle so well done Pat on all his hard work. Looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Lads has anyone travelled with the bottles in their carry on? Wondering whats the story since it doesn't say the size in ml on them.

Doylers wrote: »
    Lads has anyone travelled with the bottles in their carry on? Wondering whats the story since it doesn't say the size in ml on them.

I wouldn't chance it at all... Pat sells atomisers for a few quid, get 1 or 2 of those and you'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I wouldn't chance it at all... Pat sells atomisers for a few quid, get 1 or 2 of those and you'll be ok.

I'm going Thursday morning :( Wonder can I bang on so much it lasts a week :P:pac:

Advertisement