Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US considering Preemptive Strike against North Korea.

Options

Comments

I do hope somehow North Korean military leaders can organise a coup to overthrow their leader before it all goes pear shaped.

No chance. Kim has been ruthless in executing any who even think of opposing him. And apparently nobody knows where he hangs out.
    Ever notice that when he visits a facility all the generals have little notebooks to write down every word Kim says?

archer22 wrote: »
    You most certainly are not...judging by posts I have seen on foreign websites, it looks like a large proportion of humanity hopes he gives the orange clowns thugs a hiding.

Posts on foreign websites?

Snigger.

North Korea is the sick man of the world. Friendless, sitting in the corner, everyone else thinks it's weird. And worst of all, one of those weirdoes with a misplaced superiority complex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Dubh Linn

Right, but what makes this latest threat any different. NK launches a missile test, US says this, that and the other, blah blah blah, then everything is back to square one again. Can somebody not just do something about it before NK upsets the wrong person or makes another big mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Am I the only person rooting for mr Kim ?
    He's the better of two evils to be fair

No I would say you would have many supporters here, On boards its like anything but America, even if its a fecking lunatic who has been screaming and test firing rockets & missiles for years now, Its about time someone put this Mad monk to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 netherlands15

Posts on foreign websites?

Snigger.

North Korea is the sick man of the world. Friendless, sitting in the corner, everyone else thinks it's weird. And worst of all, one of those weirdoes with a misplaced superiority complex.

as kim jong il once said,

all criticism is self-criticism

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

i agree with you and was not joking,

a test is scheduled for saturday,

So tomorrow it is. Neither side will back down. How can anybody state it won't affect us? That's a very narrow minded view. Nuclear war would be catastrophic for the whole planet. Destruction, death, destroyed economies. I believe we are now at the closest point to all out nuclear war since the cuban missile crisis.

It seems hyperbolic writing that, but I am taking into account we do not have rational thinking people in power.

Silane wrote: »
    Seems very strange to me that America dropped it's first MOAB yesterday, on caves in Afghanistan. Those things are ridiculously expensive, why bother wasting it on a few terrorists on Afghanistan?, it's basically playing the worlds most expensive game whack-a-mole.
    I think they were testing it out before dropping them on North Korea, possibly as a follow up to bunker buster attacks on the nuclear facilities.

The price or expense of war does not enter into it, Sure hasn't India & Pakistan got nuclear weapons & quite big armed forces yet they find it hard to feed there populations.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    So tomorrow it is. Neither side will back down. How can anybody state it won't affect us? That's a very narrow minded view. Nuclear war would be catastrophic for the whole planet. Destruction, death, destroyed economies. I believe we are now at the closest point to all out nuclear war since the cuban missile crisis.

How will there be a nuclear war? North Korea don't have ICBM's, there's nothing to suggest they have miniaturised warheads to launch against anybody.

You could be right, but what can one do ? NK has to be brought down, Every month there dear leader is getting more brazen & crazy,he murdered his own brother last month for being disloyal, Its now or never with him, I rather it now.

Dubh Linn wrote: »
    Right, but what makes this latest threat any different. NK launches a missile test, US says this, that and the other, blah blah blah, then everything is back to square one again.

Except that they are making very rapid progress and having nuclear missiles capable of striking California is coming up fast.

Can somebody not just do something about it before NK upsets the wrong person or makes another big mistake...

This was Obama's strategy. He hoped China would do this, but Kim basically ignored them.

• Advertisement

What N Korea needs is a coup. A coup that will actually work this time. Turkey was a lot less harsh than NK with their coup, and even now a Turkish referendum might change all that...

Back to NK, the soldiers and the people need to rise up and do it now.

Come to think of it, now that I have posted this, I probably will never get into NK ever, not that I ever intended to go there. However, that might change if the dictatorship is overthrown, which is unlikely to ever happen!

How will there be a nuclear war? North Korea don't have ICBM's, there's nothing to suggest they have miniaturised warheads to launch against anybody.

Syria is a hotbed at the minute too. Trump is picking too many fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caparison

Nothings gonna happen lads . Shettle down hye . Be grand . There just havin the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Explain how someone who keeps millions of people in labour camps and does nothing to better the situation of their own populace is the better of two evils?
    Try reading out America's charge sheet...genocide, slavery, imperial wars, concentration camps, wars of aggression, nuclear attacks, chemical weapons use on a vast scale (agent orange), using depleted uranium, using phosphorous, more wars of aggression, supporting genocide of Palestinians both by weapons supplies and at UN.

Sorry what's that you said North Korea had done again? :rolleyes:

Let's see, Trump's hit list at the moment:

Assad
    Kim
    Putin
    ISIS

What else?

He made a point in Syria, that chemical weapons wouldn't be tolerated. It was a measured response, Russia were warned in advance to avoid casualties, I think that was a smart, reasonable thing to do. It made the point effectively, drew attention to the issue, but didn't draw the US into the wider conflict.

Here again with NK, now is the time to stop this lunatic, and the US response is drawing China in to correct it. There's a carrier strike group heading to NK, not an invasion force, maybe nothing will come of it, but the point is made that China need to act one way or another now.

Assad
    Kim
    Putin
    ISIS

What else?

CNN

Try reading out America's charge sheet...genocide, slavery, imperial wars, concentration camps, wars of aggression, nuclear attacks, chemical weapons use on a vast scale (agent orange), using depleted uranium, using phosphorous, more wars of aggression, supporting genocide of Palestinians both by weapons supplies and at UN.

Whats the craic with the rolly eyes? I'm by no means a big fan of the United States in fact quite the opposite. I'm aware of all that you have mentioned.

Kim wants to keep his populace enslaved in 2017. They deserve better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

He made a point in Syria, that chemical weapons wouldn't be tolerated. It was a measured response, Russia were warned in advance to avoid casualties, I think that was a smart, reasonable thing to do. It made the point effectively, drew attention to the issue, but didn't draw the US into the wider conflict.

Here again with NK, now is the time to stop this lunatic, and the US response is drawing China in to correct it. There's a carrier strike group heading to NK, not an invasion force, maybe nothing will come of it, but the point is made that China need to act one way or another now.
    China does not give a fock about America and will not be dictated to by them..if it comes to war they will support North Korea.

And China has the technology to sink that piddly little carrier group in a few hours

For all its faults & mistakes I would rather be on the US side then NK, China, & Russia any day of the week.

• Advertisement

China does not give a fock about America and will not be dictated to by them..if it comes to war they will support North Korea.

And China has the technology to sink that piddly little carrier group in a few hours

Really :rolleyes::rolleyes: Do you really think there going to do that or is your obvious anti US stance blinding you from reality.

Piddly little carrier group ;) You haven't a clue mate, good luck chairman archer.

None of these :fights: are new , But instead of just ignoring them & letting them kindle, there is a new approach, like he said there would be. Whether it works or not I don't know, but there will be an outcome.

You most certainly are not...judging by posts I have seen on foreign websites, it looks like a large proportion of humanity hopes he gives the orange clowns thugs a hiding.
    A classic case of "An enemy of my enemy is my friend!", dangerous thinking at it's worst.

Can Trump not just invade Syria and get it over and done with?

Assad
    Kim
    Putin
    ISIS

What else?

:confused: But according to folks here a month ago putin was his friend & ally who helped get him elected :)

Can Trump not just invade Syria and get it over and done with?

Get what over & done with, The middle east has been in uproar since the end of ww2.

I would say that Trump could just nuke the entire place but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

:confused: But according to folks here a month ago putin was his friend & ally who helped get him elected :)

Ya I thought the same? I wonder were those folks full of BS?

Like I said, somebody needs to take action on NK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

North Korea would almost immediately wipe Seoul out with conventional weapons. So a pre-emptive strikes could only really be justified if North Korea were about to attack. A nuclear test, which have happened before, isn't really reason enought to start another Korean war.

Advertisement