Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

how.gareth wrote: »
    Yep he just pops in and throws out a bizarre comment and disappears back to his hive. Gob****e

I haven't "disappeared" anywhere. I'm not going to engage with people who have no idea what I'm talking about and just start insulting me out of nowhere, and it was just below the quality of post I'm willing to respond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I haven't "disappeared" anywhere. I'm not going to engage with people who have no idea what I'm talking about and just start insulting me out of nowhere, and it was just below the quality of post I'm willing to respond to.
    Perhaps you would clarify then so what exactly you meant by the following and what it has to do with the thread title/discussion
    Hope the guys who were always going around here with a wink and a smiley face about how they didn't pay for Sky but still got it are happy now, what did you expect was going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

muffler wrote: »
    Perhaps you would clarify then so what exactly you meant by the following and what it has to do with the thread title/discussion
    Hope the guys who were always going around here with a wink and a smiley face about how they didn't pay for Sky but still got it are happy now, what did you expect was going to happen.

As you probably know, cardsharing worked well for many years for people who couldn't afford a full Sky subscription. There still had to be a valid subscription, but the point was you could share it, like you would with people living with you. Like other encryption systems of the past, the reason it failed is because people wouldn't just use their own cs subscription themselves and keep it to themselves. It got too big and they clamped down on it. I saw multiple threads and posts on this website, including people going around with smiley faces practically bragging about how they didn't pay for their Sky, and it eventually ended up on the major news websites about all these people cardsharing. This is a big part of why at great cost to themselves Sky has decided to implement the new encryption and it's going black for everyone cardsharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭deezell

how.gareth wrote: »
    Silly question time! Can you record your iptv on your open atv?

Tried that just there now, just using instant record. It made some effort to record but the stream stuttered badly, both on the live image and the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

As you probably know, cardsharing worked well for many years for people who couldn't afford a full Sky subscription. There still had to be a valid subscription, but the point was you could share it, like you would with people living with you. Like other encryption systems of the past, the reason it failed is because people wouldn't just use their own cs subscription themselves and keep it to themselves. It got too big and they clamped down on it. I saw multiple threads and posts on this website, including people going around with smiley faces practically bragging about how they didn't pay for their Sky, and it eventually ended up on the major news websites about all these people cardsharing. This is a big part of why at great cost to themselves Sky has decided to implement the new encryption and it's going black for everyone cardsharing.

Then why did you come onto this forum? This forum is for the enigma 2 satellite receiver which is used to receive satellite and saoirview channels and all totally free of charge. Some people may have used them for cardsharing in the past but unless your a shareholder in sky or a law enforcement officer I dont see why that would upset you? Some previous threads were closed due to discussing the dos and donts of it but we would like to keep this one open for genuine comments and advice on everything legal and legit. Cheers for your concern though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Has anyone got OpenATV 6.0 working with IPTV on an Amiko Alien 2 PLUS ? It must be on the PLUS version and if so, I'm looking for a copy please.

Alternatively, if anyone has an original copy of OpenATV 6.0 as downloaded from their site, from maybe Feb or March this year, that might just do it.

I had it working on an AA2+ and wiped it and now it won't work again so it looks like I need an old early image

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

championc wrote: »
    Has anyone got OpenATV 6.0 working with IPTV on an Amiko Alien 2 PLUS ? It must be on the PLUS version and if so, I'm looking for a copy please.

Alternatively, if anyone has an original copy of OpenATV 6.0 as downloaded from their site, from maybe Feb or March this year, that might just do it.

I had it working on an AA2+ and wiped it and now it won't work again so it looks like I need an old early image

Tried this one from March 2016?

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/open-atv-images/94546-openatv-5-3-a.html

Edit: its v5.3 not v6.0.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Tried this one from March 2016?

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/open-atv-images/94546-openatv-5-3-a.html

Edit: its v5.3 not v6.0.

Maybe it's 5.3 that I need because I don't believe that 6.0 was out when I imaged the box. However, the final version of 5.3 works perfectly on the AA2 but not on the AA2+.

So basically, if anyone has
    a) An AA2+ (must be the PLUS)
    b) OpenATV
    c) Running IPTV in bouquets

Can they please give me a shout

Maybe it's 5.3 that I need because I don't believe that 6.0 was out when I imaged the box. However, the final version of 5.3 works perfectly on the AA2 but not on the AA2+.

So basically, if anyone has
    a) An AA2+ (must be the PLUS)
    b) OpenATV
    c) Running IPTV in bouquets

Can they please give me a shout

Is there any easy way to find out if I have the plus or not?

Yes. On the front flap in the top right hand corner, it will either say "Alien2" or "Alien2+"

• Advertisement

Yes. On the front flap in the top right hand corner, it will either say "Alien2" or "Alien2+"

Thanks, I seem to have a AA2, no plus but streaming is still unwatchable no matter what image I use. May treat myself to a more powerful box some time soon and use the amiko for extra tuners.

FrostyJim wrote:
    Thanks, I seem to have a AA2, no plus but streaming is still unwatchable no matter what image I use. May treat myself to a more powerful box some time soon and use the amiko for extra tuners.

I have an Edision OS3+ but i'm trying to get this sorted on my old box as a secondary connection

Actually, has anyone got a zip file on their hard disk from mid 2016

"openatv-5.3-amikoalien-201606xx_usb.zip"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Ah mine is the AA2+ which maybe explains why 5.3 does not work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

OpenATV have just launched beta version of 6.1 - for those 'early adopters' willing to give it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

hi advice required about a sab triple running enigma2 for free to air channels and saorview viewing recording, i have lost the epg option and get an error message when i try it, i tried to download openatv 6.0 0nto a blank usb and when i insert it into the front usb slot and restart the receiver nothing else happens
    can someone give me a few pointers please.

You need to flash it through Spark. I think the full procedure is in Post #1 of the old thread

And if you are interested in using it for IPTV, then go with 5.3 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭deezell

pegasuspub wrote: »
    hi advice required about a sab triple running enigma2 for free to air channels and saorview viewing recording, i have lost the epg option and get an error message when i try it, i tried to download openatv 6.0 0nto a blank usb and when i insert it into the front usb slot and restart the receiver nothing else happens
    can someone give me a few pointers please.

First, if its the cross epg plugin thats not working, try uninstalling the plugin. Box will default to system epg. Then download and reinstall crossepg trom the plugins menu. If this doesn't work then try reflashing the image. Image files should be in a folder named enigma2 on the root of the usb. Reflash on power on only works if you have rebooted back into Spark and have the Spark plugin pack installed. To reflash while still in old enigma2 image ( openatv etc), put usb in BACK slot, hold the OK button while powering on the box, until FORC appears in the display. Release OK button, and press the Volume+ button to the right of OK . This will start the reflash, when completed the box will reboot into the new E2 image. You can remove the usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

championc wrote:

Will these boxes run IPTV ok if this image is used.

You need to flash it through Spark. I think the full procedure is in Post #1 of the old thread

Did you get it working on 5.3 again?

• Advertisement

Will these boxes run IPTV ok if this image is used.

Yes. Bouquets created so all looks the same. However, the AA2 (and other 7162 based boxes) struggle due to their poorish hardware. The Edision OS Mega is perfect - plenty of horsepower.
    Did you get it working on 5.3 again?

5.3 only working on the AA2 but not on the AA2+

Yes. Bouquets created so all looks the same. However, the AA2 (and other 7162 based boxes) struggle due to their poorish hardware. The Edision OS Mega is perfect - plenty of horsepower.

5.3 only working on the AA2 but not on the AA2+
    Yeah I have the aa2 but i got it to work twice for a total of about 5 mins. Any change of station or anything seems to set it of and it ends up struggling and eventually freezes. Think I'll buy an new box and save my sanity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

spark web tv is simple , but plays them great , its hardly worth bothering to much with enigma 2 on the alien 2 box now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Nowso wrote: »
    spark web tv is simple , but plays them great , its hardly worth bothering to much with enigma 2 on the alien 2 box now

Is there epg in web tv on spark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

massy086 wrote: »
    Is there epg in web tv on spark

none which is the problem with it , but the epg is still on the sat channels .

it works well as theres no point in gettin a new box and i can still use it for whats left saorview etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Dont know if it helps but I am using iptv on AA2 (Hyperion 4.5) and happy out.

Dont know if it helps but I am using iptv on AA2 (Hyperion 4.5) and happy out.

Via a plugin or did you just putty it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Via a plugin or did you just putty it in?

Plugin which populates channels into the bouquets.

Having small issue with specific channels which im currently looking into, but thats only 1 or 2 out of hundreds, and all streaming perfectly even FHD
    Dont get me wrong i was surprised as anyone at how good it performed, and even channel change only has a slight 1to2sec lag between sound and vision which is totally livewithable (is that even a word :) )

No harm in those having problems on the AA2 rolling back to Hyperion 4.5 and see of they see an improvment.

Im nearly 99% sure its the copy of Hyperion 4.5 that was uploaded (zardoz copy) onto the old thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Plugin which populates channels into the bouquets.

Having small issue with specific channels which im currently looking into, but thats only 1 or 2 out of hundreds, and all streaming perfectly even FHD
    Dont get me wrong i was surprised as anyone at how good it performed, and even channel change only has a slight 1to2sec lag between sound and vision which is totally livewithable (is that even a word :) )

No harm in those having problems on the AA2 rolling back to Hyperion 4.5 and see of they see an improvment.

Im nearly 99% sure its the copy of Hyperion 4.5 that was uploaded onto the old thread too.
    What plugin did u use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I had iptv running on Hyperion 5.3 I think it was. I had to install a "apk" file via telnet. It then appeared in my main menu and was called "xtreme tv". It worked ok and would have been useable if you had no other options. It didn't populate the bouquets or epg which sucked and you would notice it was ever so slightly jerky when the likes of the sky news banner was running across the screen but didn't buffer

Advertisement