Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭deezell

Anchises wrote: »
    I just spotted a thread on the subject here on 'Foreign Sattelites'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056847041&page=12

Seems to be an ongoing problem :(

As I explained there, we had some short lived success in fixing player until it broke again due to changes in player server. The plugin will need to rewritten if a python coder is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

PKteam have confirmed that support of all sh4 boxes including the Amiko alien 2 has finished and they will not be releasing any further updates to Hyperion for these boxes. They will continue to support mips and arm boxes going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

FrostyJim wrote: »
    PKteam have confirmed that support of all sh4 boxes including the Amiko alien 2 has finished and they will not be releasing any further updates to Hyperion for these boxes. They will continue to support mips and arm boxes going forward.

So if I have the latest 5.5 (I think) running fine Is there any reason it shouldn't continue to run fine without any updates?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it will soon be out of date .someway or another

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There are still users on here with hyperion 4.5 and perfectly happy. If it ain't broke......

• Advertisement

There are still users on here with hyperion 4.5 and perfectly happy. If it ain't broke......

So that's Vix4 and Hyperion stalled. Is there any indication which pkteam 5 version was the most stable. Reading the terrible polish translations I get the impression that each version of 5 from 5.4 was digging a deeper hole for the coder. 4.5 is good enough, maybe as good as it gets. My tune failed problem on terrestrial when simultaneously recording or streaming from sat is in fact quite an old problem which was discussed two years ago in relation to openAtv images and was the reason a lot of users moved to Hyperion. It reappeared on my box due to low terrestrial signals, and I can now see how the terrestrial level drops using the info button while streaming or recording. This is the only real issue I have atm, I wonder is it solved in 5.x or is it just a glitch on my box. Could be power supply related internally when the extra tuner kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

deezell wrote: »
    So that's Vix4 and Hyperion stalled. Is there any indication which pkteam 5 version was the most stable. Reading the terrible polish translations I get the impression that each version of 5 from 5.4 was digging a deeper hole for the coder. 4.5 is good enough, maybe as good as it gets. My tune failed problem on terrestrial when simultaneously recording or streaming from sat is in fact quite an old problem which was discussed two years ago in relation to openAtv images and was the reason a lot of users moved to Hyperion. It reappeared on my box due to low terrestrial signals, and I can now see how the terrestrial level drops using the info button while streaming or recording. This is the only real issue I have atm, I wonder is it solved in 5.x or is it just a glitch on my box. Could be power supply related internally when the extra tuner kicks in.
    Personally I prefer 5.1 but each from 4.5 to 5.5 has it's own bugs. It's the old story of finding what suits you best. I'm currently giving 5.5 another go but it has issues finding my hdd sometimes so I reckon I might be going back to 5.1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Basic question - I want to record using my Amiko Alien 2 to which I've connected my hard-drive.

My record setting is as per the picture.

I'd have expected that any recordings I make (pressing record button to start and stop) will appear in the folder storage/c/pvr

However, nothing appears in this folder.

Should i be doing something differently?

kaymin wrote: »
    Basic question - I want to record using my Amiko Alien 2 to which I've connected my hard-drive.

My record setting is as per the picture.

I'd have expected that any recordings I make (pressing record button to start and stop) will appear in the folder storage/c/pvr

However, nothing appears in this folder.

Should i be doing something differently?

Is that the Spark interface on the Alien2? Does that folder exist on the hdd.

on spark it makes the Folder on connection

You press record to start and Stop to stop

• Advertisement

What are the spark menu choices to display disk capacity, format etc. so he can check that a valid disk is installed and mounted. On plugin does it give a screen message if successfully installed. So long since I used spark.

on Menu, System, Pvr Hdd systems . Hdd format it will give tell you the disk format and usage and the need to format if you if want or need 2 , and a speed test in another menu

you can change the record settings to longer than 30 minutes also so any manual recordings dont stop half way through an hour long programme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Nowso wrote: »
    on Menu, System, Pvr Hdd systems . Hdd format it will give tell you the disk format and usage and the need to format if you if want or need 2 , and a speed test in another menu

you can change the record settings to longer than 30 minutes also so any manual recordings dont stop half way through an hour long programme

It would seem MyPassport hard-drive doesn't support formatting / partition according to this screenshot? I re-formatted the hard-drive to FAT32 though but it still doesn't hold a recording....

Update - actually I've found the recordings - the re-formatting to FAT32 seems to have resolved my issue. Thanks

kaymin wrote: »
    It would seem MyPassport hard-drive doesn't support formatting / partition according to this screenshot? I re-formatted the hard-drive to FAT32 though but it still doesn't hold a recording....

Update - actually I've found the recordings - the re-formatting to FAT32 seems to have resolved my issue. Thanks

fat 32 is 2 slow only used for plugins or flasking drives

u need ntfs or ext3 is best if you can manage it

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an app I can install on an LG TV to stream my box thru please? Is there such a thing? Think I can only use apps that are available in the LG App Store

how.gareth wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of an app I can install on an LG TV to stream my box thru please? Is there such a thing? Think I can only use apps that are available in the LG App Store

A search for IP tv player and LG brought up Smart IPTV player which is available on the LG app store, but read this
    http://siptv.eu/howto/lg/
    Seems clear enough once you have the app, you can convert and insert the .m3u stream files which correspond to each channel or one which corresponds to the current watched channel, these can be got by right clicking on the WebIf icon for each channel and saving the .m3u file.

Have you tried browsing webif on the smart tv's browser and clicking the telly icon for a channel and see if it plays?

A search for IP tv player and LG brought up Smart IPTV player which is available on the LG app store, but read this
    http://siptv.eu/howto/lg/
    Seems clear enough once you have the app, you can convert and insert the .m3u stream files which correspond to each channel or one which corresponds to the current watched channel, these can be got by right clicking on the WebIf icon for each channel and saving the .m3u file.

Cheers I have that app installed already so can try that if it's not too difficult. Tried my box address in the tv browser and it's not finding it, I can find my box when I use my laptop browser no problem.

Cheers I have that app installed already so can try that if it's not too difficult. Tried my box address in the tv browser and it's not finding it, I can find my box when I use my laptop browser no problem.

Can you see and set smart tv ip address and other network settings? Subnet mask and gateway need to be correct for local internet traffic.

Sorry I can access webif on the tvs browser but when I click on the little tv icon it says "file download not allowed"
    I had a look at that link for the iptv app and I've honestly no idea what that app is telling me to do with converting files and stuff!

• Advertisement

The file it's trying to download is named " stream.m3u", a file type it can't handle or even download. It's just a text file containing the following;

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2101
    http://***********.ddns.net:8001/1:0:19:835:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

The http bit is what you need to add to smart iptv player as a channel. If you download on your laptop and open it with notepad, you'll see something like above, probably an IP address if you've accessed the box via ip rather than a url. The bit after the port no 8001 is the identifier of the channel you selected. If you can use a keyboard and mouse on your tv then you could open a text file from an email or off Google drive and cut and paste these into the channel entries on the app rather than typing in each one. Still laborious.

You could also open a text from the tv usb, or maybe the app can import from there.

The file it's trying to download is named " stream.m3u", a file type it can't handle or even download. It's just a text file containing the following;

#EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=2101
    http://***********.ddns.net:8001/1:0:19:835:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

The http bit is what you need to add to smart iptv player as a channel. If you download on your laptop and open it with notepad, you'll see something like above, probably an IP address if you've accessed the box via ip rather than a url. The bit after the port no 8001 is the identifier of the channel you selected. If you can use a keyboard and mouse on your tv then you could open a text file from an email or off Google drive and cut and paste these into the channel entries on the app rather than typing in each one. Still laborious.
    Yikes yeah that looks well above my intelligence and patience level! These smart tvs are nowhere near as smart as they should be. Was just tryin to figure out a way to add a tv to the bedroom without needing a second box

If you are able to stream from your box to your phone, using android app Dreamdroid, the all you need is an android dongle device for the second tv and you can install dreamdroid on it and stream from the box. They cost about the same as a cheap second box which can be be programmed to do the same, by adding channels using those http links. Easier to run another cable to the dish!

If you are able to stream from your box to your phone, using android app Dreamdroid, the all you need is an android dongle device for the second tv and you can install dreamdroid on it and stream from the box. They cost about the same as a cheap second box which can be be programmed to do the same, by adding channels using those http links. Easier to run another cable to the dish!

Most important requirement is it needs to be wife friendly so second box is probably the most sensible option. So can I set it up so the second box can access recordings from the first one?

Most important requirement is it needs to be wife friendly so second box is probably the most sensible option. So can I set it up so the second box can access recordings from the first one?

Yes, you can use samba server plugin to share first box hdd with the second, then set record settings of second to point to this share, or just browse to it using media player plugin. Both boxes can play and record using the same hdd, though I'd imagine you'd want to confine recording to the first box connected to the hdd, might be asking too much of it to act as a server for a record stream coming from a second box . You can create channel entries on the new box using the first boxes ip address and the second will then stream from the first. Lots of options.

Yes, you can use samba server plugin to share first box hdd with the second, then set record settings of second to point to this share, or just browse to it using media player plugin. Both boxes can play and record using the same hdd, though I'd imagine you'd want to confine recording to the first box connected to the hdd, might be asking too much of it to act as a server for a record stream coming from a second box . You can create channel entries on the new box using the first boxes ip address and the second will then stream from the first. Lots of options.

Cheers yeah just being able to access the recordings on both boxes is fine. So I would just need one cable from the dish to the second box and also a wire from the router aswell or can I use wifi?

Cheers yeah just being able to access the recordings on both boxes is fine. So I would just need one cable from the dish to the second box and also a wire from the router aswell or can I use wifi?

Use Wi-Fi. Some of those small single tuner boxes have wifi built in. Think the edision mini has.

Use Wi-Fi. Some of those small single tuner boxes have wifi built in. Think the edision mini has.

Cheers deezell

• Advertisement

Lads slightly off topic but I have a smart tv and my box connected to my router via Ethernet and can have 3/4 devices also connected via wifi and am just wondering if the router is capable of smoothly running all of them? I got it when I signed up to Vodafone fibre about 2 years ago

Advertisement