Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi all,

Does anyone have a working image that supports IPTV (xtreme plugin) and it works on the AA2+ box? I'm looking to flash my box and give IPTV a go but cannot find an image that seems to work well with Xtreme.

I gave up with that and sold mine and bought a mag 256 last week for iptv.u won't be disappointed If u buy it. Brilliant box by a mile I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dizzledizzle

I gave up with that and sold mine and bought a mag 256 last week for iptv.u won't be disappointed If u buy it. Brilliant box by a mile I think

I hear ya - my intention is to use the AA2 as a box for the kids room. As long as I can get xtreme working on an E2 image then happy days.

I hear ya - my intention is to use the AA2 as a box for the kids room. As long as I can get xtreme working on an E2 image then happy days.

Too much hassle I gave up in the end very slow and unresponsive. It's a old box now and getting to stream hd on iptv will be a struggle for it.i have 2 amiko alien 1 boxes I just use for free view in kids room connected up to my nas for downloaded videos and my music so they watch and listen anytime.ive iptv working perfectly on my edison OS mini in sitting room and mag 256 in kitchen with no problems whatsoever

Too much hassle I gave up in the end very slow and unresponsive. It's a old box now and getting to stream hd on iptv will be a struggle for it.i have 2 amiko alien 1 boxes I just use for free view in kids room connected up to my nas for downloaded videos and my music so they watch and listen anytime.ive iptv working perfectly on my edison OS mini in sitting room and mag 256 in kitchen with no problems whatsoever

where did you get your Mag from ?

where did you get your Mag from ?

Freetv.ie don't forget to use Boards as promo code for 10 % off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hi all,

Does anyone have a working image that supports IPTV (xtreme plugin) and it works on the AA2+ box? I'm looking to flash my box and give IPTV a go but cannot find an image that seems to work well with Xtreme.

I had it running on Hyperion 5.5 and it wasn't too bad to be honest, not perfect but watchable, think these boxes havnt got the power for anything other than basic satellite receiving which I suppose is all they were made for

Freetv.ie don't forget to use Boards as promo code for 10 % off.

It's only 7.5% now, just had a look and you can get the mag 256 delivered to your door for €90, not bad and something I might look into

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

how.gareth wrote: »
    I had it running on Hyperion 5.5 and it wasn't too bad to be honest, not perfect but watchable, think these boxes havnt got the power for anything other than basic satellite receiving which I suppose is all they were made for

Hi, any chance you have a copy of the image of the 5.5 that you had working?

wellboss wrote: »
    Hi, any chance you have a copy of the image of the 5.5 that you had working?

I'd love a copy of it also....

I don't have a back up of 5.5 but I put one up a while back of 5.4. Should be the same I'm sure http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057378184/1/#post94224163

• Advertisement

I don't have a back up of 5.5 but I put one up a while back of 5.4. Should be the same I'm sure http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057378184/1/#post94224163

If that dosnt work I'll stick up 5.5 as soon as I get a chance tomorrow

Have you the newest version of the xtreamtv plugin installed? It got updated recently and is running a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

It's only 7.5% now, just had a look and you can get the mag 256 delivered to your door for €90, not bad and something I might look into
    I had the mag254 and moved to a zgemma i55 much better box and only 65€ on dd

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wellboss

If that dosnt work I'll stick up 5.5 as soon as I get a chance tomorrow

Cheers, will give it a go, can the IPTV plugin be downloaded directly or do I have to install the ipk manually . I tried installing it on my hyperion 4.5 and it doesnt work. not really sure hot to install properly so maybe I did it wrong

Cheers, will give it a go, can the IPTV plugin be downloaded directly or do I have to install the ipk manually . I tried installing it on my hyperion 4.5 and it doesnt work. not really sure hot to install properly so maybe I did it wrong

I had to manually install the file. Think I used dreambox control centre to send it to the box but I got instructions on which exact location to send it to and I can't remember now

massy086 wrote: »
    I had the mag254 and moved to a zgemma i55 much better box and only 65€ on dd

Gave that box a quick google and it actually runs on enigma 2 and there are lots of lads using open atv on them. The likes of the ram is a lot less than the mag 256 though

Cheers, will give it a go, can the IPTV plugin be downloaded directly or do I have to install the ipk manually. I tried installing it on my hyperion 4.5 and it doesn't work. not really sure hot to install properly so maybe I did it wrong

what plugin are you using for IPTV? Either way, if it's an ipk file it's simple to install. The way I do it is via FTP. I FTP into the box and place the ipk file in the /tmp (or temp) folder. Then within enigma I install it via the blue panel. E2 picks up the ipk file automatically, by default it looks there for ipk files to install.

what plugin are you using for IPTV? Either way, if it's an ipk file it's simple to install. The way I do it is via FTP. I FTP into the box and place the ipk file in the /tmp (or temp) folder. Then within enigma I install it via the blue panel. E2 picks up the ipk file automatically, by default it looks there for ipk files to install.

Yep that's how I installed it, it's xtreamtv but it's not available in the download plugins menu

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mjatkey

Guys,

Just to update all the old Amiko Alien and Cloudi box users. I have been messing around with a couple of the boxes for the last few months with only limited results so I tried one of the pay IPTV plugins on both boxes and you would not believe the difference.

Even the old Amiko Alien with its STI 450Mhz processor worked a treat and the CloudI was nigh on perfect.

Now I only took a trail off the provider but the quality and ease of use was very impressive had all the epg info to.

Its a pity the guys who work on the non pay stuff can't do something similar.

So the message is don't chuck them as you may still find a use for them.

Cheers Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

looking at buying a sab android 1 ... for freeview and for kodi anyone got one cant see how much ram it has can it handle kodi or will it be slow and struggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

looking at buying a sab android 1 ... for freeview and for kodi anyone got one cant see how much ram it has can it handle kodi or will it be slow and struggle

1GB ram and Android 4.2. I'd avoid.

I don't think Kodi 17 will even run on Android 4.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Anyone having issues downloading plugins on hyperion 4.5?
    When i try, it takes several minutes, but fails. In the text, it suggests updating opkg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Slevster wrote: »
    Anyone having issues downloading plugins on hyperion 4.5?
    When i try, it takes several minutes, but fails. In the text, it suggests updating opkg.
    4.5 has been around a long time. They are now up to Hyperion 5.5 That said I'm running 4.5 on one box and still find it one of the better versions.

4.5 has been around a long time. They are now up to Hyperion 5.5 That said I'm running 4.5 on one box and still find it one of the better versions.

Agree.
    I re flashed the image during the week, as the box was running a bit slow, and it was only when I went to download a plugin, that I came across the issue. And it is true for skins, emu, or anything through the pkt portal it seems. So I don't know if its on the pkteam side, or if they are not supporting this build any more or if it's something my side.

Just a follow up...
    I re flashed with a different version of 4.5 , but with the same result. Couldn't download plugins, when I ran the network test in the blue panel , it was slow to respond, and resulted in "bad address 'pl.pkt.com' (may have that address wrong).
    So I flashed version 5.2, which I had built sometime last year, and all worked.
    Strange.

would be interested to hear from those running 4.5, to see what they get if they run the network test in the blue panel.

Lads I'm planning on buying a mag 256 this weekend for iptv and keeping the Sab with the 3 tuners for the missus to watch and record all her FTA channels. Is there a combo type box out there that could be guaranteed to do all of this without issue? Budget would only be €200 ish tops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Lads I'm planning on buying a mag 256 this weekend for iptv and keeping the Sab with the 3 tuners for the missus to watch and record all her FTA channels. Is there a combo type box out there that could be guaranteed to do all of this without issue? Budget would only be €200 ish tops

ZGemma, (H2, H5, H7 etc.), you can have satellite, terrestrial and IPTV all combined, even seamlessly in the same channel bouquets.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    ZGemma, (H2, H5, H7 etc.), you can have satellite, terrestrial and IPTV all combined, even seamlessly in the same channel bouquets.

Are you using one yourself at the moment?
    After some googling the h7 sounds tasty but I'm struggling to find it for sale anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Are you using one yourself at the moment?
    After some googling the h7 sounds tasty but I'm struggling to find it for sale anywhere

I have a H2 and H5, nice boxes for the prices and handle IPTV with ease.

H7 can be found here;

http://www.sat-store.co.uk/zgmma-h-7.html

• Advertisement

If I picked up a twin satellite receiver am I correct in thinking there is some way to add a terrestrial input through a USB port? To receive HD saoirview

Advertisement