Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Plugin which populates channels into the bouquets.

Having small issue with specific channels which im currently looking into, but thats only 1 or 2 out of hundreds, and all streaming perfectly even FHD
    Dont get me wrong i was surprised as anyone at how good it performed, and even channel change only has a slight 1to2sec lag between sound and vision which is totally livewithable (is that even a word :) )

No harm in those having problems on the AA2 rolling back to Hyperion 4.5 and see of they see an improvment.

Im nearly 99% sure its the copy of Hyperion 4.5 that was uploaded (zardoz copy) onto the old thread too.
    Have you working epg with your iptv???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭deezell

massy086 wrote: »
    Have you working epg with your iptv???

Programmes like crossepg won't associate an epg feed with an iptv channel unless the service no of the channel and other data is a match for an existing version of that channel from say astra or another satellite. I've edited some iptv stream entries directly in their bouquet file, "something".tv in etc/enigma2. I used the service id of RTE 1 astra entry, not terrestrial, and swapped it for the stream id entry for Rte1 on an iptv stream coming from another box. The epg for rte appeared as normal. Handy for watching your box abroad, or even in another room, you can make a bouquet with all your channels and your second box will have epg. Theres even a plugin for this somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

how.gareth wrote: »
    I had iptv running on Hyperion 5.3 I think it was. I had to install a "apk" file via telnet. It then appeared in my main menu and was called "xtreme tv". It worked ok and would have been useable if you had no other options. It didn't populate the bouquets or epg which sucked and you would notice it was ever so slightly jerky when the likes of the sky news banner was running across the screen but didn't buffer

xtream editor plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Can this be used for iptv

Tried it on Wednesday night but no noy on an AA2+

I only use it for FTA stuff so I honestly don't know.
    Great image though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

cork_south wrote: »
    I only use it for FTA stuff so I honestly don't know.
    Great image though!

Anything in particular to make me change from Hyperion?

Anything in particular to make me change from Hyperion?

I used to be a Hyperion man before but I just found open vid a bit more responsive, worth trying it out if you have 30 mins to spare.
    Am liking the default sky skin on the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Went back and tried hyperion 4.5 yesterday and IPTV did work better than on the newer revisions. Not sure what they done to break it. It's not perfect though, it did seem to freeze often enough but maybe cache flush will sort that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Went back and tried hyperion 4.5 yesterday and IPTV did work better than on the newer revisions. Not sure what they done to break it. It's not perfect though, it did seem to freeze often enough but maybe cache flush will sort that out.

The Alien 2 just doesn't run IPTV streams on Enigma that smoothly unfortunately. I have tried them on many images and while some run them better than others, playback is not as smooth as other devices such as the Raspberry Pi, it is slightly jerky with audio pips every now and again. I have also found that it doesn't recover from buffering that well sometimes either, it can stay frozen unless the channel is changed.

Zgemma's are a good inexpensive solution, a true Enigma box that handles IPTV streams really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

Is there a way of just having the FTA channels listed using auto boutique?

Only using this box for Free to Air, and when i select FTA scan it still downloads the scrambled channels

Bilbert55 wrote: »

Only using this box for Free to Air, and when i select FTA scan it still downloads the scrambled channels

Have you tried putting them all into a favorites bouquet?

Bilbert55 wrote:

Did you do a manual scan and select a satellite ? It works for me with OpenATV 5.3 albeit a few strays here and there but the majority were ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Looking at upgrading the Amiko triple which is getting a bit long in the tooth for the Edision Mega OS. Reviews imply that its much quicker and will handle IPTV without a bother. Will the Edision be able to record IPTV streams from my bouquets just like the soarview and satellite channels did on the Amiko?

Bilbert55 wrote: »

When you open Autobouquets interface, press MENU and set the FTA option in the AB settings page rather than just the tick box on the first page. See if that works. Prior to using AB do a full scan of the satellite with FTA only and Clear Before Scan selected. This will clear out scrambled channels from the service list, so Ab should not find them to include in its generated bouquets. Your own custom bouquets will remain unchanged, but channels which have no service entry will be greyed. Use DB edit or WebIf to clean these user bouquets if you have any.

basill wrote: »
    Looking at upgrading the Amiko triple which is getting a bit long in the tooth for the Edision Mega OS. Reviews imply that its much quicker and will handle IPTV without a bother. Will the Edision be able to record IPTV streams from my bouquets just like the soarview and satellite channels did on the Amiko?

It should. my triple with pkt 4.5 made an attempt at recording an iptv stream which was contained in a bouquet. Very juddery, but I was watching at the same time , so pulling the stream twice. I'd imagine if the stream source is stable, then it should not be a problem unless you are pulling multiple streams over your internet connection. The OS mega definitely up to the job if the issue is just processing power. The iptv plugin method of viewing streams also has a timer button, haven't tried it.

basill wrote: »

Would be seriously interested in finding out if you could record iptv as it's the only downer for me as I rarely watch live tv. Has anyone on here successfully recorded it yet on any box?

Would be seriously interested in finding out if you could record iptv as it's the only downer for me as I rarely watch live tv. Has anyone on here successfully recorded it yet on any box?

Ok, had another go at this with a fairly reliable Rte1 HD stream, from a random source on d'internet. I set a timer for a few minutes and it recorded fine, I had the stream live on the box at the same time. I changed channel to BBC astra and the Rte1 stream continued to record. Looks fairly decent, it may be a bit more compressed from the full HD stream, hard to tell but as good as the saorview anyway. Setting timers has to be done manually as there is no epg associated with the channel, but it's possible to create this if the ip address of your stream is reliable. Some of the streams out there only last a short while. Some streams can take several seconds to respond when watching live, so I expect this might throw a timer if there is no initial response from the source. Anyway, it worked fine on my Sab triple, so you could try it yourself if you want. Screenshot of playback attached.

deezell wrote: »
    Ok, had another go at this with a fairly reliable Rte1 HD stream, from a random source on d'internet. I set a timer for a few minutes and it recorded fine, I had the stream live on the box at the same time. I changed channel to BBC astra and the Rte1 stream continued to record. Looks fairly decent, it may be a bit more compressed from the full HD stream, hard to tell but as good as the saorview anyway. Setting timers has to be done manually as there is no epg associated with the channel, but it's possible to create this if the ip address of your stream is reliable. Some of the streams out there only last a short while. Some streams can take several seconds to respond when watching live, so I expect this might throw a timer if there is no initial response from the source. Anyway, it worked fine on my Sab triple, so you could try it yourself if you want. Screenshot of playback attached.

Interesting. What image are you running ? Might be an issue with one image vs another

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Interesting. What image are you running ? Might be an issue with one image vs another

Hyperion 4.5

Does anyone here have the Edision os mini? Considering buying one but is it up to playing IPTV smoothly? I have an Edision optimuss os3 and it plays streams very well but it has 1gb ram. The os mini has 512mb ram.

Does anyone here have the Edision os mini? Considering buying one but is it up to playing IPTV smoothly? I have an Edision optimuss os3 and it plays streams very well but it has 1gb ram. The os mini has 512mb ram.

Gave one to family, setup with Openatv. Definitely faster and more responsive that the triple on remote and on WebIf. Should stream no problem. Ideal as it has only one tuner, iptv bouquets should work like a second allowing record one watch another. I'll try it out on a visit next week with some streams, I can use my own box as a source also.

deezell wrote: »
    Gave one to family, setup with Openatv. Definitely faster and more responsive that the triple on remote and on WebIf. Should stream no problem. Ideal as it has only one tuner, iptv bouquets should work like a second allowing record one watch another. I'll try it out on a visit next week with some streams, I can use my own box as a source also.

There is a few different versions available. One with 2 sat tuners, one with 1 sat and one dvbt/c tuner. Either will do me as I can use the tuners from my amiko alien 2 as extra tuners using the remote stream plugin. If iptv works well I'll be buying one in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I have 3 OS Mini boxes. 2 dual tuners and a single tuner. All running IPTV perfectly.

Had to record something on RTE for someone the other night (Daniel O'Donnell :o) and the timer worked fine. It also handles recording and watching another channel without and issues. Would definitely recommend the OS Mini.

PM'd you a video showing it running so you can see how snappy it is zapping channels etc..

Oat23 wrote: »
    I have 3 OS Mini boxes. 2 dual tuners and a single tuner. All running IPTV perfectly.

Had to record something on RTE for someone the other night (Daniel O'Donnell :o) and the timer worked fine. It also handles recording and watching another channel without and issues. Would definitely recommend the OS Mini.

PM'd you a video showing it running so you can see how snappy it is zapping channels etc..

That's impressive, I don't think it's even as quick on the optimuss os3+.

I actually managed to record the MotoGP yesterday morning. I need to experiment more.

If I have channels in an iptv plugin called xtreme tv is there any way to add them to a bouquet or am I being silly as usual?

If I have channels in an iptv plugin called xtreme tv is there any way to add them to a bouquet or am I being silly as usual?

It may be down to how IPTV has been implemented, or based on the source, but it SHOULD be possible if you know the stream url

PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dizzledizzle

Hi all,

Does anyone have a working image that supports IPTV (xtreme plugin) and it works on the AA2+ box? I'm looking to flash my box and give IPTV a go but cannot find an image that seems to work well with Xtreme.

Advertisement