Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

It all depends on what you are doing over those connections. However, an IPTV stream could literally only use 4mb so there would be buckets of capacity even if every device did this.

Even if you stick a NAS on the network, you should be fine.

However, you should set your Wifi mode to "g" or "n". You do NOT want to set it to "b/g" because the SLOWEST speed will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

championc wrote: »
    It all depends on what you are doing over those connections. However, an IPTV stream could literally only use 4mb so there would be buckets of capacity even if every device did this.

Even if you stick a NAS on the network, you should be fine.

However, you should set your Wifi mode to "g" or "n". You do NOT want to set it to "b/g" because the SLOWEST speed will be used.

Cheers, the box would be running HD satellite and the tv is running HD IPTV. the wifi would be phones and tablets just browsing in general with some you tube maybe, how do I access the settings on the router?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

should be fine . wifi network channel is sumtin to look at set your box to a channel thats not the same as a others close to you

you cannot use 5ghz wifi for all devices and 2.4 ghz can get crowded

if your not on an unlimited data internet plan you would want to watch your data usage on fhd Iptv channels

how.gareth wrote:
    Cheers, the box would be running HD satellite and the tv is running HD IPTV. the wifi would be phones and tablets just browsing in general with some you tube maybe, how do I access the settings on the router?

Browse to the router ip address (like 192.168.1.1). You should be prompted for a username and password.

Nowso wrote:
    if your not on an unlimited data internet plan you would want to watch your data usage on fhd Iptv channels

Last week i tested the bandwidth of IPTV channels. FHD was running at a continuous download speed of about 6.5mb, HD was between 3.5 - 4mb and SD was about 1.5 - 2mb

• Advertisement

Yeah it seems to running ok, I just wasn't sure what it was capable of, I tried logging into the router with the original username and passwords of "Vodafone" but it's not letting me so they must have been changed somehow. I have unlimited broadband but will be interesting to see what my useage is over a month now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

What iptv are u guys using as I'm looking for a reliable one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What iptv are u guys using as I'm looking for a reliable one
    Lets not talk about providers here or we'll get the thread closed. Should be safe enough to discuss what plugin you use though, which ones provide the best epg etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Lets not talk about providers here or we'll get the thread closed. Should be safe enough to discuss what plugin you use though, which ones provide the best epg etc.

Sorry I didn't know iptv was illegal. Looking for one that has a easy to use interface and good epg. Feel free to pm me if u want

Sorry I didn't know iptv was illegal. Looking for one that has a easy to use interface and good epg. Feel free to pm me if u want

IPTV itself is not, just buying subscriptions to copyrighted material is. (Pay channels). I thought that's what you were implying. If not, ignore me!

• Advertisement

Last week i tested the bandwidth of IPTV channels. FHD was running at a continuous download speed of about 6.5mb, HD was between 3.5 - 4mb and SD was about 1.5 - 2mb

it can different on different servers , but be aware of the amount of data used when on iptv as it uses a lot more data than usual . and if you have a limit on data on your plan you could end up with a huge bill

as for playing web tv on spark is basic but works good and it records satellite while your playing iptv well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

FrostyJim wrote: »

What's the best plug in your use with edision os mini.

What's the best plug in your use with edision os mini.

I have an Edision optimuss os3+, so far I've just installed a modded version of xcplugin that I got from sattvhelp. It allows you to add multiple sources. You can then switch between them I the plugin. Still on the lookout for a good epg importer/ auto bouquets replacement for iptv. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Front panel on my Alien2 has blown,no display and none of the buttons working,box and remote still working ok.
    Is there anyway I can boot into enigma2 without the the front buttons as I had the the box on spark when it happened.

amd64 wrote: »
    Front panel on my Alien2 has blown,no display and none of the buttons working,box and remote still working ok.
    Is there anyway I can boot into enigma2 without the the front buttons as I had the the box on spark when it happened.

I vaguely remember one version of spark I had installed years ago had a reboot to e2 option in the same menu as factory reset. It's not in the version I have at the moment though. Worth a look.

amd64 wrote: »

but if enigma2 crashes then you wont be able to rescue it

better to stay in spark use web tv for iptv and load the working channels up on your channel list

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Quick question about IPTV and the Alien 2 guys. *nothing illegal

I have an M3U list for some free to air HD channels and I have noticed that they play far more smoothly on Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 2 than they do on my Alien 2? It's very slightly stuttering/choppy on Alien 2? Could this be image related or is the box just not as capable at handling the stream? I'm running PKT Hyperion 4.5.

Cheers.

Digidol wrote: »

I have an M3U list for some free to air HD channels and I have noticed that they play far more smoothly on Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 2 than they do on my Alien 2? It's very slightly stuttering/choppy on Alien 2? Could this be image related or is the box just not as capable at handling the stream? I'm running PKT Hyperion 4.5.

Cheers.

some of the newer images may run it better but enigma 2 is not set up for iptv really on the alien 2

web tv on spark plays it ok . there are now cheap linux mag box type things that would be better to use http://www.freetv.ie/mag254/

Nowso wrote: »
    some of the newer images may run it better but enigma 2 is not set up for iptv really on the alien 2

web tv on spark plays it ok . there are now cheap linux mag box type things that would be better to use http://www.freetv.ie/mag254/

I might try a newer image so as the one on it now is quite old. I'm aware of the streaming boxes and Mags, but I love the idea of having my satellite, terrestrial and IPTV channels all in the same bouquets...greedy I know :p

• Advertisement

I might try a newer image so as the one on it now is quite old. I'm aware of the streaming boxes and Mags, but I love the idea of having my satellite, terrestrial and IPTV channels all in the same bouquets...greedy I know :p

its one think spark is better at is iptv - so im using it a lot more recently

Cheers.

M

I tried runnning an iptv subscription thru a plugin called xtreamtv on my Sab box and it was watchable but a little bit stuttery and was told the box wasn't able for it
    *nothing illegal*

its one think spark is better at is iptv - so im using it a lot more recently

It's a long time since I ever looked at Spark. Can Spark put channels into Bouquets ? On Enigma, I believe channels can be created in Bouquets.

It's a long time since I ever looked at Spark. Can Spark put channels into Bouquets ? On Enigma, I believe channels can be created in Bouquets.

not with iptv , the guy who was setting up my account tryed that but it didnt work yet

But with Channel up / down going up and down 10 channels at a time and you can switch around pretty quick .

i have used it for different iptv for a while and its very handy. now use it as a back up for tv also, u can also record satellite/soarview and stream at the same time

Ok so I tried a few different images, I flashed the latest versions of HDMU and PKTeam and the IPTV channels didn't play anymore smooth, or as smooth as Kodi...I guess the Alien 2 just isn't capable enough of handling the streams which is disappointing.

Ok so I tried a few different images, I flashed the latest versions of HDMU and PKTeam and the IPTV channels didn't play anymore smooth, or as smooth as Kodi...I guess the Alien 2 just isn't capable enough of handling the streams which is disappointing.

Spark web tv plays them

Spark web tv plays them

I mean on the enigma2 Alien side of things.

a Tip for anyone on web tv , turn dhcp off on box and it seems to start up quicker see if its the same for you

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

There's a new version of openvix due out next month.

Good news as I thought they stopped development
    http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?526-Amiko-Alien-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭deezell

I mean on the enigma2 Alien side of things.

It's been a while since I tried iptv, I have the plugin and it plays a whole range of polish channels, but I wanted to revisit the idea of having the iptv channel in the bouquets without having to kick off tsmedia player or a plugin. I sourced a few useful uk free to air channels in a .m3u playlist file. These files work very well to generate a playlist window in VLC player on a pc. You can convert the individual m3u channel definitions en masse to the definitions used in the e2 boxes bouquet file's. This is done with a free utility called m3u2userbouguet.html. Download and open this and paste the contents of a .m3u file into the window and click convert. The entries change to the format used in the box, of file type .tv. Copy and paste this to a file named say iptelly.tv and ftp this to etc/ enigma2. Reboot and it should appear in the bouguets list with the name contained in the first entry of the file. You can also just paste directly into an existing bouguet, say favourites.tv and reboot. This bouquet file is easy to find as it's file name mirrors it's bouguet list name. The iptv entries behave exactly as sat/terrestrial entries, without the epg.
    Epg and picon can be added by editing the individual entries service number to mirror that of the same channel if it is broadcast on Astra. You may also be able to use ryetec providers to discover the epg if the channel is not on Astra 28.2 As an example if you live abroad and can get all the uk free channels on astra but not rte as it is encrypted and not available on subscription outside Ireland , you might be able to stream it from a family terrestrial box or find an iptv source on the internet. Once you have it added to a bouquet you can mod the entry to reflect the service number of the Astra rte channel on your box. The iptv entry will the display the epg sourced by crossepg plugin. Nothing illegal, the epg is free even though the channel is encrypted.

Advertisement