Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Nowso wrote: »
    its in most images ive seen

open atv still works the best and most upto date off them

After zardoz posting about having the exact same issues as me with the box getting stuck on a boot loop on open atv 6.1 I’ve decided to stick with Hyperion and am using his old school backup of 4.5 at the mo and it’s running perfectly as we only use it for fta. I’ll give 6.2 a whirl when you reckon it’s stable and working well. I think zardoz is using a Golden media box and I’m using a sab, I wonder have those boxes got an issue with 6.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

how.gareth wrote: »
    After zardoz posting about having the exact same issues as me with the box getting stuck on a boot loop on open atv 6.1 I’ve decided to stick with Hyperion and am using his old school backup of 4.5 at the mo and it’s running perfectly as we only use it for fta. I’ll give 6.2 a whirl when you reckon it’s stable and working well. I think zardoz is using a Golden media box and I’m using a sab, I wonder have those boxes got an issue with 6.1?

Its not just 6.1 Gareth ,its on older versions too.
    I had the same issue on an Alien 1 with Openatv ,its why I stopped using it .
    It's something basic as Openatv 6.1 is running ok on one of my Alien 1's now,how it resolved the boot loop ,I have no idea though .:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its not just 6.1 Gareth ,its on older versions too.
    I had the same issue on an Alien 1 with Openatv ,its why I stopped using it .
    It's something basic as Openatv 6.1 is running ok on one of my Alien 1's now,how it resolved the boot loop ,I have no idea though .:confused:

i have alien 1 working perfect on open atv 6.1

set the sh4booster on 1st set up

must be some app your using

crashed 1 time and i reloaded it

only issue i had was ethernet issue , was using wifi anyway

i have alien 1 working perfect on open atv 6.1

set the sh4booster on 1st set up

must be some app your using

crashed 1 time and i reloaded it

only issue i had was ethernet issue , was using wifi anyway
    I flashed it with the standard image off their site with nothing added and it ran fine till I switched it off at the back and then it got stuck on a boot loop, I use ethernet if that’s causing it somehow?

not on alien 2 #

the old open atvs used to be like that but not fpr a long time

try use reboot in the menu for he 1st reboot , ive redone mine a few times in the last few months just to get it set up the exact way i wanted and that shouldnt be happening ,

maybe u downloaded a bad daily version

• Advertisement

not on alien 2 #

the old open atvs used to be like that but not fpr a long time

try use reboot in the menu for he 1st reboot , ive redone mine a few times in the last few months just to get it set up the exact way i wanted and that shouldnt be happening ,

maybe u downloaded a bad daily version

I think I tried 4 different versions back as far as early December

ive had my usb with camfeed 2 ipk on it aswell as image on first few boots for setup then added the hard drive - i stopped using ext 3 , ntfs works on open atv it might be that

ive had my usb with camfeed 2 ipk on it aswell as image on first few boots for setup then added the hard drive - i stopped using ext 3 , ntfs works on open atv it might be that

I’m sure my drive is ext 3

how.gareth wrote: »
    I’m sure my drive is ext 3

might be a mounting ext 3 drive error or something try it without it

my box wouldnt format to ext 3 right and opening it on the laptop was causing a lot of issues so i stayed with ntfs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

might be a mounting ext 3 drive error or something try it without it

my box wouldnt format to ext 3 right and opening it on the laptop was causing a lot of issues so i stayed with ntfs

Yeah ,I think I got it to work when I used fat32 for the drive on the Alien 1.
    My drive on the Alien 2 is full of recordings so its not really practical to change it from ext3.

• Advertisement

My drive on the Alien 2 is full of recordings so its not really practical to change it from ext3.

transfer what u need to laptop format it and load em back

others can maybe look at into the problem with the ext3 mounting issues

Yeah my missus has 300 gig of recordings on the drive so I can’t touch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

On OpenATV latest builds my Amiko alien 2 freezes after about an hour or requiring a reboot.
    I have reflashed multiple times with latest builds, restoring my settings, with and without restoring plugins, but no joy.
    No logfile appears, the screen just freezes.

Anyone else getting this issue and know how to fix? if not I'll be going back to vix4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If it's happening consistently after an hour I would be guessing something like timeshift is recording to internal memory and filling it up. Also make sure the vents aren't blocked causing overheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭championc

cork_south wrote:
    On OpenATV latest builds my Amiko alien 2 freezes after about an hour or requiring a reboot. I have reflashed multiple times with latest builds, restoring my settings, with and without restoring plugins, but no joy. No logfile appears, the screen just freezes.

I just rebuilt my Dad's spare AA2 over the weekend using OpenATV 6.1 with no issues

cork_south wrote:
    On OpenATV latest builds my Amiko alien 2 freezes after about an hour or requiring a reboot. I have reflashed multiple times with latest builds, restoring my settings, with and without restoring plugins, but no joy. No logfile appears, the screen just freezes.

I just rebuilt my Dad's spare AA2 over the weekend using OpenATV 6.1 with no issues

cork_south wrote:

cork_south wrote:

If it's happening consistently after an hour I would be guessing something like timeshift is recording to internal memory and filling it up. Also make sure the vents aren't blocked causing overheating.

Its roughly an hour, give or take.
    I have timeshift disabled and the vents are clear and the box doesnt appear to be overheating.
    At least if I had crashlogs Id get some indication as to why it was freezing.

Ill go back to vix4, I've always found that a stable image.

cork_south wrote: »
    Its roughly an hour, give or take.
    I have timeshift disabled and the vents are clear and the box doesnt appear to be overheating.
    At least if I had crashlogs Id get some indication as to why it was freezing.

Ill go back to vix4, I've always found that a stable image.

did u run cache flush after booting andhave u sh4 booster running

every hour could be time update by net evry hour set

• Advertisement

to get the correct metrix weather id on open atv for your area here

http://metrixweather.open-store.net/

and change it in waether in the metrix plugon

did u run cache flush after booting andhave u sh4 booster running

every hour could be time update by net evry hour set

Good call on sh4booster, i did make some adjustment to that previously based on a previous post and before making those changes I dont think it ever froze.

Once I get access to the box again I'm going to check those setting to see if it survived a reflash\restore and if so I will reset.

Thx.

im running sh4 booster on 800 800 and 540 fine
    maybe if its a time update the time set up is set to internet every hour and you may not have it connected

maybe if its a time update the time set up is set to internet every hour and you may not have it connected

It happens when connected and disconnected form the net so I dont think its a problem with ntp.

My last reflash restored settings only (no plugins) so I dont know if cacheflush is installed\running but ill check that too.

its good to run it on 1st boot up

do a software update as the update might solve the problem

its good to run it on 1st boot up

do a software update as the update might solve the problem

I have last night's image running.

Checked the booster settings and I had upped them so have set them back to default.
    Cache flush isn't installed.

I'll monitor for a while.

install cacheflush

install cacheflush

I do t think this issue is related to cache flush.
    I had cache flush installed all the time while the issue was happening and always resotred.cache flush from backuo after reimage.

in my latest reflash/restore attempt I did not restore my installed plugins so cache flush didn't get installed.

Last night I watched a program for over an hour after resetting sh booster settings to default and the box didn't freeze. I'll test again tonight.

Thx!

Setting sh booster settings back to default has done the trick.
    The box has had a fair amount of usage and no freeze since reverting the setting. Thx.

PS I also just readded cache flush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cork_south wrote: »
    Setting sh booster settings back to default has done the trick.
    The box has had a fair amount of usage and no freeze since reverting the setting. Thx.

PS I also just readded cache flush.

Overclocking is always a double-edged sword. Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement