Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Nowso wrote: »
    did u load cache flush and run it ?

Vix4 image is poor and crashs a lot more than open atv

I'd have to disagree. For me Vix4 is an excellent image and I can't remember the last time I've had a crash during normal operation. I've been using Vix4 for well over a year.

The only crashing issues I have seen is when I upgradred by doing a new flash but found an easy way to upgrade through the vix menu to work around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

did u load cache flush and run it ?

Vix4 image is poor and crashs a lot more than open atv
    I'd have to agree, I find openATV far better. I'm surprised at the amount of hassle you seem to be having. Could it be some dodgy plugin you are adding? I've been running mine for months now without issue. The only time it crashed was when I did something silly. As Nowso said above, the less messing the better. 'If it ain't broke....' ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if its running slow go into the sh4booster and set the 1st 2 to 800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Call me boring but I was having the odd issue with open atv and more so when I tried vix, am now back with Hyperion 5.5 with zero issues and a non complaining user (wife) I wonder why most lads on here can have no problem with an image but others do, could it be something simple like a different hard drive or using an amiko rather than the likes of a sab?

OpenATV never worked for me, it used to crash anytime i searched for terrestrial so for me it was a no goer, maybe because my box is an AA+, who knows.

I used Hyperion for 2 or 3 years.

Have been using Vix4 for over a year with no issues, find it very reliable and the wife and kids are happy with it.

• Advertisement

im on AA+ and open atv works fine

the only main differences are how you set it up and the plugins you add

open atv a year ago would crash a lot the new ones dont

the terestrial is fine once you set up the tuner right before using autobqtsmaker on the same area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I've the red hd skin on it now it's very clean still using vix4 will give openatv a go again when I can get the telly back lol

skins may not be as compatable with every image and may slow it down

Is there a way of importing saved settings when updating image from vix4 2.2 to vix4 4.3

different images id say no theres 4.1.5 out now so id try that maybe but still not great id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Just got SAB™ Unix HD Triple Tuner and while setting it up, it hung. The only way out was to turn it off. When I tried to turn it back on, it would not boot. I got back into Spark mode, but when ever I tried to re install Enigma 2, I got the error message,
    Can not find kernal file, Upgrade failed.
    I used a number of different Images from the internet, but the same result.
    I noticed that on unzipping the downloaded Image files, most only contained a single, or maybe two files. Is this correct?
    Can anybody help a newby ?
    Dave

Read through page 42 of this thread I was having similar problems always make a back up image and save it to computer saves hassle in the log run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭deezell

daphil wrote: »
    Just got SAB™ Unix HD Triple Tuner and while setting it up, it hung. The only way out was to turn it off. When I tried to turn it back on, it would not boot. I got back into Spark mode, but when ever I tried to re install Enigma 2, I got the error message,
    Can not find kernal file, Upgrade failed.
    I used a number of different Images from the internet, but the same result.
    I noticed that on unzipping the downloaded Image files, most only contained a single, or maybe two files. Is this correct?
    Can anybody help a newby ?
    Dave
    It sounds like you tried to flash an image for a different box. Make sure you have the image for Sab/amiko alien2. For the triple the flash file should extract to a directory named " Enigma2" and two files , e2jffs.img and uImage. The files must be in this folder on the root of the usb, not on their own. If you can get back into Spark but can't install enigma2 image from the Spark plugin "plugin_e2upgrade.s'" then you could try the direct flash from usb on power up using the method described a few posts back, at https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105548322&postcount=499
    Also, have a read of this tutorial.
    http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-enigma2-on-amiko-alien-2-triple-tuner/

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I'm looking for a good backup image for my triplex, Perferably Hyperian 4.5 or willing to try something different. I've been using Hyperian 4 for years, I need to reload the image just fancy trying an updated image. Something rock solid, it will be using USALs, 28.2 & Saorview. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a good backup image for my triplex, Perferably Hyperian 4.5 or willing to try something different. I've been using Hyperian 4 for years, I need to reload the image just fancy trying an updated image. Something rock solid, it will be using USALs, 28.2 & Saorview. Thanks in advance.
    I have been using vix4 for over a year.
    It's a rock solid image with no issues and as updates are released upgrading can be done directly on the box from the UI.
    I upgraded to 4.1-005 a few days ago and its available to download from http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/showthread.php?21847-ViX4E2PROJECT-4-1-005-blue-amikoalien_usb

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

deezell wrote: »
    It sounds like you tried to flash an image for a different box. Make sure you have the image for Sab/amiko alien2. For the triple the flash file should extract to a directory named " Enigma2" and two files , e2jffs.img and uImage. The files must be in this folder on the root of the usb, not on their own. If you can get back into Spark but can't install enigma2 image from the Spark plugin "plugin_e2upgrade.s'" then you could try the direct flash from usb on power up using the method described a few posts back, at https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105548322&postcount=499
    Also, have a read of this tutorial.
    http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-enigma2-on-amiko-alien-2-triple-tuner/

Thanks.
    Managed to salvage a copy of the original image and up and running again. A steep learning curve though,
    Dave

If you go to the firmware thread there are various back ups of Hyperion up as far as 5.3 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I was a Hyperion man for years but the developers dropped the ball in later releases. Imo 4.5 was the best. After that the others had bugs. These days I use openatv and am happy with how it has improved. Nicer skins available on openatv too.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I was a Hyperion man for years but the developers dropped the ball in later releases. I'm 4.5 was the best. After that the others had bugs. These days I use openatv and am happy with how it has improved. Nicer skins available on openatv too.

+1 on that. I was a big fan of Hyperion for a long time until I tried openATV. Much nicer skins, many more built-in features and the ability to easily backup or update at the touch of a button. No more power off, hold this and press that, boot here, run this and pray. Above all else it's absolutely rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Using openATV on my Formuler F1, and am looking to remove the picon area from the infobar, i.e, just have text information shown. At the moment the openATV logo is shown, or a picon if available. Looked at the various display settings and the skin's (MetrixHD) plugin, but no joy. Any ideas?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good Saorview and Freesat picon set? If I can't remove the picons, I'd rather have them looking good.

• Advertisement

From the plugins menu, you can install various picon packages for 28E. Only some will have Saorview. You could also try different skins to change the layout of the infobar etc. I like 'Vali flex hd' but you are getting into the realms of personal taste as to which is best.

What’s the best volume adjust settings on open atv? I’ve flashed a fresh image and have left as much alone as possible to see if it runs smoothly this time

how.gareth wrote: »
    What’s the best volume adjust settings on open atv? I’ve flashed a fresh image and have left as much alone as possible to see if it runs smoothly this time
    leave it as is its fine change the sh4booster to 800 on 1st 2 , turn subtitles off . not much really needed . dont download serviceapp plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

i all,

Have an edision mega, when I switched it on this morning this flashed on the screen "New setting DXAndy Enigma2 DIQe FTA"updated

Lost my EPG and got an EPG for FTA on 19.2, this is not a satellite I receive.

Anybody got an idea what I'm running that automatically updates this?

go to your plugins and uninstall settings plugin u may have installed , theres a programmlist updater on open atv which you should remove on install

leave it as is its fine change the sh4booster to 800 on 1st 2 , turn subtitles off . not much really needed . dont download serviceapp plugin
    I thought there seemed to be a difference between the volume levels on certain channels, like on the old Hyperions, what does the booster do?

how.gareth wrote: »
    I thought there seemed to be a difference between the volume levels on certain channels, like on the old Hyperions, what does the booster do?
    its boosts the box processor speed

bit like overclocking or turboboost on laptop

Hi Nowso,

Not sure, but it seems to be "Programmlisten Updater" plugin.

Will try and get rid of it and see what happens.

Thanks.

yeah uninstall that it sets up 13 and 19 east

• Advertisement

Hi Howso,

That's uninstalled. Hope it works as the system reboots every so often to 19.2 and leaves me with no Favourites or EPG.

Thanks for your help.

J

Advertisement