Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    Just beware that Spark freezes if you select RTE One+1 before it comes on air at 7.00. Same I think for other dual channels on Astra. I don't think this bug was ever fixed. Enough to drive me to Enigma all those years ago.

That’s no problem we dont use any +1 channels here. Was also considering using SD versions of all the channels instead of HD if that would improve the box as the missus has no interest in picture quality

Zardoz wrote: »
    Metrix HD skin is very demanding ,not sure how you are running that on an Alien ,it doesnt have anywhere near enough processing power.

I tried Openatv 6.1 recently ,it has come on a good bit since I last tried it but it still has the same issue with mounting drives.
    I set it up fine and it runs initially but after powering off it continuously fails to boot on me ,getting stuck at 49% and 96% on the boot cycle.
    Very annoying .

This is exactly what happens to mine, I thought my box was faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

how.gareth wrote: »
    This is exactly what happens to mine, I thought my box was faulty

Yes,I am reading your posts now ,I have the same issue with my Golden Media Triplex.
    Its not the receiver ,its the software ,its faulty.

I had the same problem when I tried Openatv on the Alien 1 a few years back ,it drove me mad.
    I think I eventually got it to work by formatting the HDD in fat32 but it was still flaky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Metrix works fine on alien 2 and 1 here

you can reset to the default enigma skin in skin selector in usage and gui

it helps to have the sh4booster set to 800

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nowso wrote: »

sh4booster is overclocking to 800Mhz from the default 540Mhz ?
    Is that safe ?

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    sh4booster is overclocking to 800Mhz from the default 540Mhz ?
    Is that safe ?
    Yes over clocks to 800

and 700 on alien 1 / 8900

mine are working fine on open atv with it boosted all the time

boost the top 2

and leave the last one the same if thats right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Nowso wrote:

Wow. At 800, the box might have a decent go at IPTV. Struggled before. I've an OS3+ as my main box these days.

championc wrote: »
    Wow. At 800, the box might have a decent go at IPTV. Struggled before. I've an OS3+ as my main box these days.

i run it from xc plugin on alien 1 and 2 and fhd plays well on it and works fine - no point it not working aswell the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Are you trying to stream stored media off the A3 or live programs from the A3 Tuner. For stored media, see if you have a DNLA server app on the A3, then run DNLA client on the SAB. The Media drive will show up in the folders of the Sab media player, and on other DNLA/uPnP devices, such as Smart TVs.
    For streaming a tuner channel from the A3 you would need a webtv app on the A3, or alternatively an M3U playlist of the A3's channel list. This can be played on IPTV plugins on the Sab, or converted to a bouquet to be added to the Sab channel lists. The only reason to do this would be if one box had subscription access to cable or satellite channels

Hi Lads, just to explain,
    My setup is this.
    An Amiko A3 Combo, the new SAB Unix Triple HD and a venerable Humax FoxSat HDR, in different rooms.
    The Humax, which is years old, has the hack, "Radon's Software" on it.
    This means that by imputting the IP address into any browser on phone, Tablet, Andoid box, laptop etc, you can access the Humax and stream recorded content.
    This means that even if someone is watching recorded content on the TV which is HDMI'D to the Humax, someone else, in another room, can, at the same time, watch another recorded stream from the Humax on the Amiko A3 or a phone or tablet.
    As I have no browser on the Sab, I can not connect it properly to the to the Humax.
    It showed up in "Network search", I mounted it and although I could stream photos, no way would it stream even the shortest video clip.
    I have not been able to set up DNLA or similar, (I know very little about it anyway), so I am hoping someone might be able to help me get a browser onto the Sab.
    Thanks for your interest lads,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭deezell

daphil wrote: »
    I have not been able to set up DNLA or similar, (I know very little about it anyway), so I am hoping someone might be able to help me get a browser onto the Sab.
    Thanks for your interest lads,
    Dave

There is no browser that I'm aware of as a plugin for the Sab using enigma2. If you reboot the Sab to Spark there is a rudimentary browser, but...
    Any browser that sees the file structure of your Humax (or any other file share) does not in itself provide a means of playing the media. Openwebif for example appears in a browser, but the link to the media files will call a media player ( such as Winfows media player or VLC) to pmay them. A browser in Spark on the Sab will show the html link to the Humax media file ( youve already achiebed this with fileshating and mounted it), but clicking the link on the browser will require the Sab to associate the file with it's native media player, and then stream the file from the Humax. The Humax media file type may not be compatible with the Sab media player, it may not recognise it as a playable. If the Humax had a DNLA server plugin, this would deliver the file in a stream to the Sab rather than the Sab trying to download a large media file. My sab can't see or play media files on my router conne red storage, but serve it as a DNLA source and it sees it in the Sabs media player folder structure and it streams it in and plays. Pcs and Android tablets have the muscle to pull in files over fileshare protocols, buffer and store while the devices media player plays it onscreen. The sab processor and memory is not up to the task unless the file can be delivered as a transport stream by the source device.
    Perhaps you could experiment eith saving recordings to a router connected hdd, and configure the router to serve up the files to the various devices. There's no VLC player compiled for the Sab under enigma2 that I know of either. The sab can play media files from a network source if the source can deliver them as an iptv stream. If the Humax can deliver as DNLA or uPnP then it should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

No need for crossEPG on openATV as it has it's own FreeSat downloader built in. You only need crossEPG for the few FTA non-FreeSat channels (+1s etc)

Is that correct Gerry?

Hey Nowso,

Is the Sh4booster a plug-in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Partymack wrote: »
    Is that correct Gerry?

Yes. If necessary go MENU>SETUP>EPG>SETTINGS and ensure that 'Freesat epg' is enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Yes. If necessary go MENU>SETUP>EPG>SETTINGS and ensure that 'Freesat epg' is enabled.

Gerry can you then remove coolepgguide and have saorview and freesat in one combined epg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Partymack wrote: »
    Hey Nowso,

Is the Sh4booster a plug-in ?

+1, what is sh4booster and how do I access it?

Gerry can you then remove coolepgguide and have saorview and freesat in one combined epg ?

I think you are getting 2 things confused. Cooltvguide is the software that displays the EPG data on screen when you press the EPG button in the nice, easy to navigate, grid arrangement.
    CrossEPG is software that downloads the actual EPG data in the background, either directly from the satellite or in some cases from the internet.
    OpenATV has a builtin downloader which reads the Freesat data from the satellite. However not all FTA channels are on Freesat and therefore not included in the Freesat EPG data. CrossEPG is then used to read the other sources I mentioned for the extra data.
    Other, non openATV images may not have the builtin downloader and therefore must use crossEPG or some other way of finding the EPG data.

With the default Freesat downloader enabled in openATV you will get the UK satellite channels in the cooltvguide. Once you click on any Saorview channel, it will also populate the cooltvguide. You will then have 7 days worth of info for both in the one EPG. Assuming you watch/record a Saorview channel at least once a week it should all work fine together.

The list of channels and the order they are displayed in cooltvguide is determined by your selected favourites (bouquets) list

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

I think you are getting 2 things confused. Cooltvguide is the software that displays the EPG data on screen when you press the EPG button in the nice, easy to navigate, grid arrangement. CrossEPG is software that downloads the actual EPG data in the background, either directly from the satellite or in some cases from the internet. OpenATV has a builtin downloader which reads the Freesat data from the satellite. However not all FTA channels are on Freesat and therefore not included in the Freesat EPG data. CrossEPG is then used to read the other sources I mentioned for the extra data. Other, non openATV images may not have the builtin downloader and therefore must use crossEPG or some other way of finding the EPG data.

Ah sorry I'm just desperate to get rid of cooltvguide hate the text at the top nice skins make everything else look great and cooltvguide plastered all over it looks tacky

There are several variations on the layout of cooltvguide. Have you tried them all by using the yellow button when it is on screen?

Just on the epg thing, if I don’t have crossepg correctly set up I’ve noticed the channels will eventually populate it themselves somehow. So is crossepg a necessity?

Just on the epg thing, if I don’t have crossepg correctly set up I’ve noticed the channels will eventually populate it themselves somehow. So is crossepg a necessity?

What image are you using?

• Advertisement

Is that because the built in epg downloader covers the bulk of the channel epg data, with crossepg only required for the remainder?

What image are you using?

Hyperion

Is that because the built in epg downloader covers the bulk of the channel epg data, with crossepg only required for the remainder?

I have all the usuals like bbcs, utvs and the rest. No +1s or anything strange and I’ve noticed after a few hours the epg is completely full even with crossepg not installed

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

There is no browser that I'm aware of as a plugin for the Sab using enigma2. If you reboot the Sab to Spark there is a rudimentary browser, but...
    Any browser that sees the file structure of your Humax (or any other file share) does not in itself provide a means of playing the media. Openwebif for example appears in a browser, but the link to the media files will call a media player ( such as Winfows media player or VLC) to pmay them. A browser in Spark on the Sab will show the html link to the Humax media file ( youve already achiebed this with fileshating and mounted it), but clicking the link on the browser will require the Sab to associate the file with it's native media player, and then stream the file from the Humax. The Humax media file type may not be compatible with the Sab media player, it may not recognise it as a playable. If the Humax had a DNLA server plugin, this would deliver the file in a stream to the Sab rather than the Sab trying to download a large media file. My sab can't see or play media files on my router conne red storage, but serve it as a DNLA source and it sees it in the Sabs media player folder structure and it streams it in and plays. Pcs and Android tablets have the muscle to pull in files over fileshare protocols, buffer and store while the devices media player plays it onscreen. The sab processor and memory is not up to the task unless the file can be delivered as a transport stream by the source device.
    Perhaps you could experiment eith saving recordings to a router connected hdd, and configure the router to serve up the files to the various devices. There's no VLC player compiled for the Sab under enigma2 that I know of either. The sab can play media files from a network source if the source can deliver them as an iptv stream. If the Humax can deliver as DNLA or uPnP then it should work.

Thanks for the reply Deezell. I think I need to lie down. At least I know what I CAN NOT do now. Will keep "plug-in" away, (sorry).
    I actually do not watch too much TV, but love messing with Computers and all types of gadgets and you have given me plenty food for thought.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Cork

daphil wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Deezell. I think I need to lie down. At least I know what I CAN NOT do now. Will keep "plug-in" away, (sorry).
    I actually do not watch too much TV, but love messing with Computers and all types of gadgets and you have given me plenty food for thought.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Cork

Sorry, I do go on a bit.

Ah sorry I'm just desperate to get rid of cooltvguide hate the text at the top nice skins make everything else look great and cooltvguide plastered all over it looks tacky

Postnthing i always hated cooltv for the sane reason. OPENATV has a built in EPG which is really smart.

I honestly don’t know why anyone uses cooltv.

I have all the usuals like bbcs, utvs and the rest. No +1s or anything strange and I’ve noticed after a few hours the epg is completely full even with crossepg not installed

Hey Deezel - had noticed that too. Sounds like Gerry is right and OATV has a built in downloader.

sh4 booster is already installed in open atv

and in some others 2

menu - setup - usage + gui - Booster Control

i have top 2 800 and lef bottom at 540

sh4 booster is already installed in open atv

and in some others 2

menu - setup - usage + gui - Booster Control

i have top 2 800 and lef bottom at 540

There is a section in the blue panel on Hyperion for over clocking that looks like it has the same 3 options as sh4 booster

• Advertisement

There is a section in the blue panel on Hyperion for over clocking that looks like it has the same 3 options as sh4 booster

its in most images ive seen

open atv still works the best and most upto date off them

Advertisement