Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

If you enjoy Pinochet memes too much, it means you want murder, and not just a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

PraxisPete wrote: »
    Speaking of Pinochet, I'd love to know how many of the alt right supporters here were also Thatcher supporters given their leanings now. Unfortunately I'd imagine they're not old enough to remember but there is an irony in a load of Irish people supporting people of this ilk when historically we are the people they hated.

Its mostly a college thing.

Ask them about taxes, employment or healthcare and they have no ideas because those are things their parents take care of for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Todays edition of the Revolution papers is interesting. 1933 the blueshirts (Fine Gael) with Eoin O Duffy were on the rise. They had the ****e kicked out of them as well and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

So you consider yourself to be on the misunderstood left then?

Well anyone who questions immigration,Islam etc is automatically a racist/fascist etc
    I'm all for immigration if it is controlled & the people who come here come to work & not go straight on benefits.
    I was an immigrant & I am married to an immigrant but to some I would be considered racist/fascist

Look at Dave Rubin one of the biggest Liberals in the US is now considered on the right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If you enjoy Pinochet memes too much, it means you want murder, and not just a laugh.

If you wear a Che T-Shirt, are you not advocating the same?

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »

Ask them about taxes, employment or healthcare and they have no ideas because those are things their parents take care of for them.

You're talking about Antifa?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Well anyone who questions immigration,Islam etc is automatically a racist/fascist etc
    I'm all for immigration if it is controlled & the people who come here come to work & not go straight on benefits.
    I was an immigrant & I am married to an immigrant but to some I would be considered racist/fascist

Haha, that's made my day. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

20Cent wrote: »
    Todays edition of the Revolution papers is interesting. 1933 the blueshirts (Fine Gael) with Eoin O Duffy were on the rise. They had the ****e kicked out of them as well and it worked.

You mean the Fine Gael that are in government now? Yeah, really put them in their place, didn't it. :rolleyes:

Gravelly wrote: »
    You mean the Fine Gael that are in government now? Yeah, really put them in their place, didn't it. :rolleyes:

History.
    Learn some.

Haha, that's made my day. Thanks.

Please enlighten me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

History.
    Learn some.

physician, heal thyself

You're talking about Antifa?

Both sides I'm afraid.

Read this thread. There's no depth. It's young people bickering over what label they want to identify with and what label they can call their opponents based on...what...racism?

Racism is about the only thing dividing the two sides as far as I can see. That's pretty much all this thread is going on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

History.
    Learn some.

Fianna Fail also had a history of embracing Nazi's fleeing Germany.

Otto Scorzeny, Albert Luykx, Albert Folens...

1933 fascism was spreading accross Europe. The UK had the brownshirts led by Oswald Mosley. In Ireland the blueshirts led by Eoin O'Duffy. They wanted authoritarian nationalism and weren't afraid to use violence to achieve it.

After a nice debate over tea and buscuits with some libertarians they decided not to follow this path and became regular political parties.

Oh wait that didn't happen.

Left wingers kicked the crap out if them and they didn't go on to become powerful like in Germany, Spain and Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Both sides I'm afraid.

Read this thread. There's no depth. It's young people bickering over what label they want to identify with and what label they can call their opponents based on...what...racism?

Racism is about the only thing dividing the two sides as far as I can see. That's pretty much all this thread is going on about.

I agree that there is very little depth but your misreading the major division probably delibrately since you use Racism as the differentiator, a different way of looking at it if you want to paint a different side in a bad light is that.

Its a split between those that consider physical violence an acceptable means of disrupting politics they don't like and that free speech should be limited and words are worse than actions, ironically its the Anti-Fascists that are of that view

edit: I should point out I mean on this thread, in the US there is actual active white supremacists etc

Its a split between those that consider physical violence an acceptable means of disrupting politics they don't like and that free speech should be limited and words are worse than actions, ironically its the Anti-Fascists that are of that view

With all due respect that's just mirroring what one side of this thread is saying.

And around and around we go.

It's like listening to 12 year olds squabbling in the back of the car.

With all due respect that's just mirroring what one side of this thread is saying.

And around and around we go.

It's like listening to 12 year olds squabbling in the back of the car.

Looks like that professor with the bike lock was swinging it all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiRHocgNY6o

Ignoring white extremists is a mistake.

Yes I agree that anyone calling for hate against another race should be stopped but do you honestly believe that everyone that questions immigration or Islam is a white supremacist?

• Advertisement

Yes I agree that anyone calling for hate against another race should be stopped but do you honestly believe that everyone that questions immigration or Islam is a white supremacist?

No.

No.

OK so do you think everyone at a Pro Trump rally is a white supremacist?

OK so do you think everyone at a Pro Trump rally is a white supremacist?

no of course not.

no of course not.

So do you understand why people on here have issues with Antifa? They just attack who ever they want, old people/women it doesnt matter. I would have no problem with Antifa going to a white supremacist compound & attacking them there, at least you would be sure of who you are after.
    Conferences & marches should be left alone, breaking windows in shops & cafes etc should not happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Do you know anything about the Aryan Brotherhood or the Nazi Lowriders?

Two foremost american white supremacist gangs formed in the prison system as a defence force to stop white guys getting raped by blacks.

Whites in the US prison system were always viewed as fair game and easy pickings for violent and racist black offenders who outnumbered them in many instances.

With organised and ad-hoc attacks on white people,the spewing of racist and violent invective from BLM and racists like Al Sharpton it's inevitable that white movements are going to grow in popularity as white people become increasingly victimised by non-whites in their former communities.

Did you object to the Black Panthers forming and by default the Muslim Brotherhood,Nation of Islam and so-called Black Lives Matter?

Do you object to the narrative of hatred from the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense?

No?

Just the whites you have a problem with (i'm presumbing you're white)

What makes the white supremacists worse than the black supremacists?

After all,whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

but do you honestly believe that everyone that questions immigration or Islam is a white supremacist?

If immigration is the sole issue they are concerned about then It's a bit dubious isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

This is far more honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

If immigration is the sole issue they are concerned about then It's a bit dubious isn't it?

Immigration with a negative effect.

Illegal immigration by people who have no intention of working or contributing to the host country or abiding by it's rules.

Trump is often accused of picking on mexicans in his speeches.

He was referring to mexican criminals who travel to the US as gang members and import and distribute narcotics ...a side effect of that is the sheer number of people that they murder.

Mexico itself is terrified of immigrants from Honduras and El Salvador who make it's own criminals look like a Vicars' tea party .

For some reason in the US they cant seem to understand Trump wants controlled immigration, stop the illegals, get rid of criminals the likes of MS-13 are growing in the states & the bodies are starting to pile up.
    He doesnt want to stop ALL immigrants but the protesters cant seem to get their heads around that

• Advertisement

This is far more honest.

Username checks out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement