Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

NinjaKirby wrote: »
    Did you faint when you heard it?

No not surprised. Shows that it was more than a small minority of nazis there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Not for the German civillians who were caught by the advancing soviet armies...for them the nightmare of rapes and brutalisation was only beginning.

Exactly. 1944 was when the war turned around and Germany started to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

20Cent wrote: »
    No not surprised. Shows that it was more than a small minority of nazis there.

Probably. I hear there are Nazis everywhere these days.

What should we do about all these people saying naughty things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Just noticed on one of the videos the "free speech protester" chanting helicopter and time for a helicopter ride. Referring to how Pinochets fascist regime used to have people thrown from them.

Helicopter ride to hospital is how I took it. But your really clutching at straws if your trying to make out someone chanting something is anywhere near hitting someone over the head with a bike chain or putting M80's in bottles & throwing them

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Helicopter ride to hospital is how I took it. But your really clutching at straws if your trying to make out someone chanting something is anywhere near hitting someone over the head with a bike chain or putting M80's in bottles & throwing them

It's a common reference used by the alt right and other fascists.

• Advertisement

Oh, you didn't know? Words are violence too.

You might think that belting someone over the head and splitting them open is worse that naughty words but you'd be wrong.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are worse, so much worse.

It's a common reference used by the alt right and other fascists.

Really? First time I ever heard it. Still prefer someone calling that out than getting hit with a bike chain or having a M80 in a bottle thrown at me though

You might think that belting someone over the head and splitting them open is worse that naughty words but you'd be wrong.

It demonstrates that they weren't just freedom loving free speech agvocates. The vid i saw was just before they charged attacking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Those alt-right guys with their fleets of helicopters...

Really? First time I ever heard it. Still prefer someone calling that out than getting hit with a bike chain or having a M80 in a bottle thrown at me though

You learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement

Its all the " safe spaces " & spending too long in Uni. It will be funny when they finally get out into the real world

Are you for real?

I once had a Neo-Nazi come up to me and say "sir, it has come to my attention that you are not racially pure, I can call you a bad name or I can split your head open with this bike chain".

Naturally, I chose the bike chain.

It demonstrates that they weren't just freedom loving free speech agvocates. The vid i saw was just before they charged attacking people.

Did you really think Trump supporters were going to keep marching peacefully, while Antifa kept violently attacking them??

Did you really think Trump supporters were going to keep marching peacefully, while Antifa kept violently attacking them??

Trump supporters?
    They were Pinochet supporters.
    Fascists.

Are you for real?

I once had a Neo-Nazi come up to me and say "sir, it has come to my attention that you are not racially pure, I can call you a bad name or I can split your head open with this bike chain".

Naturally, I chose the bike chain.

I asked for the M80 but he said it was his mates & he had to be back home soon for his tea

So what you are saying here is that Neo Nazis tend to be unsavory characters with bigoted worldviews?

Wow. Can you tell me something else I don't already know?

Sure everyone's a fascist now.

Trump supporters?
    Fascists.

Or simply innocent helicopter enthusiasts?

So what you are saying here is that Neo Nazis tend to be unsavory characters with bigoted worldviews?

Wow. Can you tell me something else I don't already know?

In a discussion people reply to other posts and there is context to comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Speech is violence. Violence is violence. Next up, thoughts are violence.

• Advertisement

I sang a Wolfe Tones song there a few weeks ago. Turns out I'm in the RA!!! Who knew???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Its all the " safe spaces " & spending too long in Uni. It will be funny when they finally get out into the real world

It'll be carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Trump supporters?
    Fascists.

Speaking of Pinochet, I'd love to know how many of the alt right supporters here were also Thatcher supporters given their leanings now. Unfortunately I'd imagine they're not old enough to remember but there is an irony in a load of Irish people supporting people of this ilk when historically we are the people they hated.

I sang a Wolfe Tones song there a few weeks ago. Turns out I'm in the RA!!! Who knew???

Not sure if your now a fascist as well....let me check
    20Cent is The Fake Sheikh a fascist or just a racist or something else??

Or simply innocent helicopter enthusiasts?

Maybe.
    The seig heiling, anti semetic signs were history buffs who wandered into the wrong place.

PraxisPete wrote: »
    Speaking of Pinochet, I'd love to know how many of the alt right supporters here were also Thatcher supporters given their leanings now. Unfortunately I'd imagine they're not old enough to remember but there is an irony in a load of Irish people supporting people of this ilk when historically we are the people they hated.

The problem is the left have moved so far to the left that anyone who was left of centre are now considered on the right

Not sure if your now a fascist as well....let me check
    20Cent is The Fake Sheikh a fascist or just a racist or something else??

I'm obviously a fascist. If you haven't swam to the Mediterranean and plucked a migrant out of the sea, carried him home on your back, gave him your wife and house then you're a fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Maybe.
    The seig heiling, anti semetic signs were history buffs who wandered into the wrong place.

Actually you're right, there was a world war 2 remembrance parade at the same time :

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/400/1*yAHMcicPLOajF3cckNgfYQ.jpeg

Maybe.

Sure, isn't "20Cent" a well known anti-semitic and pro Nazi slogan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

The problem is the left have moved so far to the left that anyone who was left of centre are now considered on the right

So you consider yourself to be on the misunderstood left then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement