Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Lucas Duda gone to the Rays. Some prospect reliever coming back.

Sad to see him go but definitely the right decision to move him
    Agreed. May finally bring up Dominic Smith, who seems like less of a power guy but more high-average type. Let's see.

Jay Bruce filling in at 1st. Might see a bunch more movement by the Mets now that the dam has burst a bit. Reed'll probably be gone. I don't think Bruce is going anywhere, it's weird power hitting outfielders just aren't all that popular this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    Agreed. May finally bring up Dominic Smith, who seems like less of a power guy but more high-average type. Let's see.

Jay Bruce filling in at 1st. Might see a bunch more movement by the Mets now that the dam has burst a bit. Reed'll probably be gone. I don't think Bruce is going anywhere, it's weird power hitting outfielders just aren't all that popular this season.

Grandy's not taking the news too well

http://deadspin.com/curtis-granderson-tries-to-prevent-lucas-duda-trade-1797317797

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Pretty crazy how Michael Saunders went to the All Star game last year and just over a year later he's not starting everyday for a Triple A team, Batting .208 with on 1 HR, and no significant injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Can anyone on here tell me much about Twins SP Jaime Garcia??
    Edit: The Twins only acquired him from the Braves?? So their shipping him off already??

Apparently he's off to the Yankees

Edit: Yankees just acquired him for Pitching Prospect Zach Littel

Can anyone on here tell me much about Twins SP Jaime Garcia??
    Edit: The Twins only acquired him from the Braves?? So their shipping him off already??

Apparently he's off to the Yankees

Edit: Yankees just acquired him for Pitching Prospect Zach Littel

https://twitter.com/buster_espn/status/891663584270270464

• Advertisement

Royals acquire Melky Cabrera from the White Sox for Pitchers AJ Puckett, Andre Davis and cash

Adrian Beltre's got his 3,000th hit.

At Mets/Mariners game. Glad Mets started rebuilding. Lugo not very good. Best thing is the weather.

Igotadose wrote: »
    At Mets/Mariners game. Glad Mets started rebuilding. Lugo not very good. Best thing is the weather.

Jaysus, what a game to go to. You should have known better than to go to a Mets game on a Sunday! Sundays are unofficial days off for the players. They turn up and stand out there but they don't play.

But hey, enjoy the sun (the one that Cespedes stared straight into on that fly ball!), have a couple of beers and don't they sell roasted insects there or something?

2 walk off grand slams in 4 days for Steve Pearse of the Blue Jays. Nice!

• Advertisement

Cubs acquire Tigers Closer Justin Wilson and Catcher Alex Avila for Top Prospect Jeimer Candelario and more

Jonathan Lucroy to the Rockies. Struggled offensively this year but adds experience to a very young pitching staff.

Addison Reed shipping up to Boston. Mets getting 3 minor leaguers in return. Pending medicals

Francisco Lirano to Astros. Went to the game Saturday where he started, and pitched well. Think he'll go into their pen though.

Sonny Gray to the Yankees...

I'm really really happy...

A's are getting

No 4, 8 and 12 Prospects
    Jorge Mateo
    James Kaprielian
    Dustin Fowler

Nice addition! All in now for sure.

Great addition for the Yankees. Good pitcher under contract till 2020

Yu Darvish still out there with 45 minutes to go. Is there anyone else of value out there too?

EDIT - Zac Briiton's still available too.

EDIT 2 - Darvish off to LA.

Dodgers get Darvish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Happy enough with how things panned out for the Mets. They've got some decent prospects and restocked the farm system.

Would have been nice to shift Granderson and Cabrera but the interest wasn't there. Interesting to see what they do with these guys in August.

Rosario called up. Can't wait to see him

ShyMets wrote: »
    Rosario called up. Can't wait to see him

Hopefully Smith's not too far behind him. Need both (and maybe Cechini too?) to get as many at-bats as possible this season so they can hit the ground running next season.

ShyMets wrote: »
    Rosario called up.  Can't wait to see him

Hopefully Smith's not too far behind him. Need both (and maybe Cechini too?) to get as many at-bats as possible this season so they can hit the ground running next season.
    Agreed. The rest of the season's going to be an ordeal to watch. The debut of the new closer late in the game vs. Seattle on Sunday was pretty poor. Walk, hits, wild pitch. Awkward windups. Neil Walker looked really bad in the field (2 errors.) Bad baserunning early on by Reyes. A ball lost in the sun by Cespedes. Basically, a typical Sunday by the Mets. If I'd gone Saturday, they lost then too but at least DeGrom wasn't awful like Lugo with his BP fastball, flat straight and over the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

A's are getting

No 4, 8 and 12 Prospects
    Jorge Mateo
    James Kaprielian
    Dustin Fowler

I have to say I think this is a terrible trade. The A's absolutely fleeced the Yankees on this one. All three prospects look like sure things and Gray has a history of injuries.

Of course if the Yankees get a WS over the next couple of years its a win for Cashman but the A's got much the better of this deal IMO at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Addison Reed shipping up to Boston. Mets getting 3 minor leaguers in return. Pending medicals

Happy enough with this one. Kimbrel has needed a reliable set-up guy all year.

8-10 wrote: »

Kimbrel has been ridiculous all season, quality closer.

8-10 wrote: »

He's good alright. He might put the odd man or two on base but he usually recovers and finishes it off.

Sure where's the fun if you don't get a little bit stressed out...???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I have to say I think this is a terrible trade. The A's absolutely fleeced the Yankees on this one. All three prospects look like sure things and Gray has a history of injuries.

Of course if the Yankees get a WS over the next couple of years its a win for Cashman but the A's got much the better of this deal IMO at least.

You have to give something to get something. Two of the three guys have major injury worries and Mateo had nowhere to go on that team with Didi and Torres ahead of him.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    You have to give something to get something. Two of the three guys have major injury worries and Mateo had nowhere to go on that team with Didi and Torres ahead of him.

Two of them are injured they are not Major injury worries. Fair enough on Mateo he didn't have anywhere to go with Castro, Didi ahead of him.

Overall though I think the A's have done a really good job in this trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Two of them are injured they are not Major injury worries. Fair enough on Mateo he didn't have anywhere to go with Castro, Didi ahead of him.

Overall though I think the A's have done a really good job in this trade.

Kaprielian is recovering from Tommy John and most likely won't be ready until 2019. I'm not saying that I expect him not to return, but you do worry when young pitchers go for TJ. Isn't the return rate something along the 80% mark? I'd consider that one of the bigger injury worries for pitchers.
    Then Fowler was incredibly unlucky by rupturing the tendons in his knee by running into a wall on his debut, ending his season.

Advertisement