Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I think that largely depends on what version of Judge shows up.

The game probably depends on it but my like of seeing the Twins knock the yankees out definitely doesnt depend on it. To be honest given the season the Twins have had I can see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

AL is weird right now - only teams over .500 are those that have qualified for playoffs, everyone else is under .500. Angels and Royals can make it back over .500 if they win their last 4 games (winning 3 would be exactly .500).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

AL is weird right now - only teams over .500 are those that have qualified for playoffs, everyone else is under .500. Angels and Royals can make it back over .500 if they win their last 4 games (winning 3 would be exactly .500).

That's interesting. I wonder is it common or is this a one off?

That's interesting. I wonder is it common or is this a one off?

Probably a one off. 2 teams (Indians + Astros) are likely to win 100+ games which is unusual. Looking back over the last couple of years most divisions were won with between 88 and 95 games won, so I think Indians/Astros winning so many games skews the balance for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Cubs win the NL Central again. First WS Champion team since the 2009 Phillies to win their Division the next season. Baseball is hard!!

Now for the Nats with a returning Bryce Harper. NL will be interesting. Hard to pick at this stage who is likely to come out on top.

I miss that Phillies team. They were unlucky not to repeat in 2009 but winning the pennant was huge for the city....havent had much sports to cheer about since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

59 up for Stanton

59 up for Stanton

And he regards Roger Maris' 61 as the real record! (But I guess he would say that).

Angels and Royals lost last night so they can only get back to .500 now.

Astros pummelled the Red Sox 12-2 in Fenway. Astros became the first team since 1887(!) to win 4 games in a row by 9 or more runs.

8-10 wrote: »
    I miss that Phillies team. They were unlucky not to repeat in 2009 but winning the pennant was huge for the city....havent had much sports to cheer about since

That was a great team - Rollins, Howard, Utley in the infield. I remember I was on my honeymoon in Vegas the time they won and the game had been suspended after 5 due to rain the day before so it was a quick 4 inning game which was bizarre to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

That was a great team - Rollins, Howard, Utley in the infield. I remember I was on my honeymoon in Vegas the time they won and the game had been suspended after 5 due to rain the day before so it was a quick 4 inning game which was bizarre to see.
    I was actually in Philly when that game was on....I remember the buzz about the city the first evening as it was the potential clinching game and then the rain that followed for maybe 36 hours after...hard to believe that was almost 9 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭boccy23

And he regards Roger Maris' 61 as the real record! (But I guess he would say that).

Angels and Royals lost last night so they can only get back to .500 now.

Astros pummelled the Red Sox 12-2 in Fenway. Astros became the first team since 1887(!) to win 4 games in a row by 9 or more runs.

Wasn't the 61 in 154 games or was that Babe Ruth?

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Wasn't the 61 in 154 games or was that Babe Ruth?

Babe Ruth was 154 games, Maris was 162.

Both the Yankees and Red Sox games are free on MLB.TV now.

Both the Yankees and Red Sox games are free on MLB.TV now.

Looks like all games are free this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Roll on Tuesday night..

Flip of a coin for me even though you know who I'll be shouting for..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Just looking at the Wildcard games. It's the Yankees and D-backs for me.

Going to give the other games a bit more thought before posting what will no doubt be wildly inaccurate predictions.

As the regular season comes to a head with a pretty meaningless set of games today, I've started a playoff thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104844868#post104844868

Anyone starting a new thread?

bazwraf wrote: »
    Anyone starting a new thread?

Just done that now.

Just done that now.

Thanks, didnt want to be responsible myself :)

Advertisement