Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

mod9maple wrote: »

Are they buyers or sellers?

It's going to be an interesting few weeks.

Yeah, watching tonight's game, sad to say, they should definitely be sellers. Time for a reboot Blue Jays Front Office! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Mariners off to a hot start after the break - 5-1 so far including a series win over the Astros in Houston. Big series at home against Yankees this weekend - could have WC implications.

They also just acquired David Phelps from the Marlins.

Also check out this inning of defence from Segura

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/07/18/242797344/jean-segura-made-three-great-plays-in-the-ninth-inning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'm gonna be there for Mariners/Mets in a couple weeks. Visiting Seattle for a bit. Let's go, Mets! My, oh My!

Every divisional leader is on a losing streak.
    Means absolutely nothing, and I'm sure it happens loads, but it's the first time I've noticed it, and thinks its kinda cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Every divisional leader is on a losing streak.
    Means absolutely nothing, and I'm sure it happens loads, but it's the first time I've noticed it, and thinks its kinda cool

Well 4 of those 'streaks' are one game and Cleveland's is 2. Hardly streaks imo.

• Advertisement

Well 4 of those 'streaks' are one game and Cleveland's is 2. Hardly streaks imo.

Haha, yes I might have glorified it a bit much :)
    Just thought it sounded better than all the divisional leaders lost their last game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

The NL central has the potential to be an absolute barnstormer for the rest of the year

The NL central has the potential to be an absolute barnstormer for the rest of the year

I can see the Cubs pulling away although Pittsburgh are on a roll of late. I wonder are the Brewrers just in a small slump or do are they done?

St. Louis can't keep giving away stupid games like they did yesterday if they want to get back in it, which was also their 3rd walk off loss in a week!

I can see the Cubs pulling away although Pittsburgh are on a roll of late. I wonder are the Brewrers just in a small slump or do are they done?

St. Louis can't keep giving away stupid games like they did yesterday if they want to get back in it, which was also their 3rd walk off loss in a week!

I dont believe the cubs rotation is good enough to pull away. Pirates are playing well, St Louis man are dark horses, Solid hitting team and rotation and they have some depth in that bull pen. Brewers definitely dont look done to me but Thames has to adjust as the pitchers have adjusted to him.

It's definitely the most interesting division in the NL. dont know why but I have a soft spot for the Pirates.

I dont believe the cubs rotation is good enough to pull away

Whatever about their starters, their bull pen just gave up 9 runs in an inning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Blue Jays acquire INF Rob Refsnyder from the Yankees for Minor 1B Ryan McBroom

Both Kershaw and Strasburg pulled after 2 innings today. Phantom injuries to give them a little rest or do you think there is something really up?

Neither had given up a run but Strasburg has walked 3.

Delighted with the Yankees taking a very trappy series in Seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Yu Darvish appears to be on the move to either the Dodgers or Yankees.

Kershaw out for 4-6 weeks (breaking news on fox sports)

Kershaw out for 4-6 weeks (breaking news on fox sports)

That'll probably work out alright then, presuming there are no hiccups.

That'll be mid-September so a couple of starts to get him back into game shape for the playoffs.

Both Kershaw and Strasburg pulled after 2 innings today. Phantom injuries to give them a little rest or do you think there is something really up?

Neither had given up a run but Strasburg has walked 3.

Stras has struggled at times this year, forearm stiffness not great but hopefully he doesn't miss much time.

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'm gonna be there for Mariners/Mets in a couple weeks. Visiting Seattle for a bit. Let's go, Mets! My, oh My!

The 7 Line Army are travelling for one of those games too. You should try and get a seat with them if it's the same game you're going to be at if you can.

Thanks. Looks like they'll be at the game Saturday. My plans are to be at the Sunday game. Will see. Should be a good day for it, either way

Eduardo Nunez to the BoSox. Good trade for them.

• Advertisement

Strange run scoring triple play in the Yankees Reds game last night.

Nunez to Boston will help them no doubt, decent player and versatile. They need some help at the moment, slumping badly, similar to the recent Yankee slump.

Nunez to Boston will help them no doubt, decent player and versatile. They need some help at the moment, slumping badly, similar to the recent Yankee slump.

He'll probably become their everyday 3rd Baseman?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

TimRiggins wrote: »

Depends if Devers stays up or gets sent back down. I reckon he'll stay and they'll platoon

TimRiggins wrote: »

Will definitely platoon with Devers, but Nunez is versatile will play some short stop I imagine too and possibly the outfield on occasion.

The Nats have hit 8 Home Runs today and it's only the 4th inning

The Nats have hit 8 Home Runs today and it's only the 4th inning

Went Back to Back to Back to Back, an out, the another in one inning.

Stroman, Martin and John Gibbons all tossed in the Jays game.

Lucas Duda gone to the Rays. Some prospect reliever coming back.

Sad to see him go but definitely the right decision to move him

• Advertisement

Lucas Duda gone to the Rays. Some prospect reliever coming back.

Sad to see him go but definitely the right decision to move him
    Agreed. May finally bring up Dominic Smith, who seems like less of a power guy but more high-average type. Let's see.

Jay Bruce filling in at 1st. Might see a bunch more movement by the Mets now that the dam has burst a bit. Reed'll probably be gone. I don't think Bruce is going anywhere, it's weird power hitting outfielders just aren't all that popular this season.

Advertisement