Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think bloat is an issue. Sounds like it's giving you the option to install extra stuff if you want.

Personally, I stopped using Sense Home and BlinkFeed a couple of years ago. Put Nova on every device I own straight away.

For those who ordered direct through HTC Ireland, are you getting dual sim or single SIM? It should say on your order.

My one from HTC UK is single SIM, but HTC Germany (and most of Europe) are selling the dual SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Single sim showing as only option for me.

I think they only had single SIM options when I was ordering. That's all I seen anyway.

Is June 1st shipping for them all?

Supposedly, but after my experience last year, I am expecting it to arrive by the end of the following week. They don't seem to send out in the order that people preordered. I think HTC Ireland is a lot better than HTC UK, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dlorde

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think they only had single SIM options when I was ordering. That's all I seen anyway.

Is June 1st shipping for them all?

Supposedly, but after my experience last year, I am expecting it to arrive by the end of the following week. They don't seem to send out in the order that people preordered. I think HTC Ireland is a lot better than HTC UK, though.
    Yes, I had the frustrating experience last year having preordered the HTC 10 from HTC UK and seeing people who hadn't pre-ordered getting it two weeks before I did. But when it came, it more that made up for the delay (mind you, I was upgrading from the HTC One Mini 2 - the small version of the M8, which was horribly slow and laggy). 

Now I know what to expect, I'm hoping it comes by July...

• Advertisement

Do htc devices have always on display?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Do htc devices have always on display?

No, as they use LCD instead of Amoled. There's pluses and minuses to each panel type.

No, as they use LCD instead of Amoled. There's pluses and minuses to each panel type.

Lg g5 with lcd has it.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Lg g5 with lcd has it.

So it does.

HTC has never bothered with it. Notification light, then double tap to wake or turn on device to deal with notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just preordered the Sapphire Blue version from HTC Club.

Upgrading from a (now sluggish) One M8 so looking forward to marked improvement, especially in the camera department.

In no mad rush for the new phone so I'm happy to wait as it's on Back Order.

Phone ordered today anyway. Went for black.

Hoping it ships in a timely manner because im now using my wife's old oneplus one while the G5 is wiped and ready to sell.

Speed test vs the S8

The U11 generally outperforms the S8. Not only that, but I've read that it kills the S8 in game performance, holding constant 60fps where the S8 drops frames regularly.

Yeah, I don't game either. It just demonstrates that it has much better performance than the S8.

Overall, I'd say the U11 wins out on camera, sound and performance. The S8 probably wins out on ergonomics, screen and features.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't game either. It just demonstrates that it has much better performance than the S8.

Overall, I'd say the U11 wins out on camera, sound and performance. The S8 probably wins out on ergonomics, screen and features.

I would disagree on screen. I don't like the screen ratio on the S8 at all but that's a personal preference. Am interested to know why it loses out on features.

I would disagree on screen. I don't like the screen ratio on the S8 at all but that's a personal preference. Am interested to know why it loses out on features.

Yeah, personally I'm not bothered by the screen. There's things that annoy me about both Amoled and LCD. Amoled is definitely a lot better in recent years, though.

Regarding features, the only real 'feature' the U11 has that the S8 doesn't would be the squeeze functionality. Sammy's are loaded with features, from Heart Rate Sensor and barometer, to Gear VR compatibility, edge features, wireless charging, etc etc. HTC mainly focus on doing the basics really well.

One thing I really can't wait for when I get the U11 is being able to switch to a different font again. After a few months of being stuck with the default roboto font, I really want to change.

Yeah, personally I'm not bothered by the screen. There's things that annoy me about both Amoled and LCD. Amoled is definitely a lot better in recent years, though.

Regarding features, the only real 'feature' the U11 has that the S8 doesn't would be the squeeze functionality. Sammy's are loaded with features, from Heart Rate Sensor and barometer, to Gear VR compatibility, edge features, wireless charging, etc etc. HTC mainly focus on doing the basics really well.

One thing I really can't wait for when I get the U11 is being able to switch to a different font again. After a few months of being stuck with the default roboto font, I really want to change.

When it comes to features, you really have to think about what you will actually use. Of all the Samsung features I think wireless charging is the best. I remember many years ago using my Palm Pre (I still have it) with wireless charging and that was pretty cool. The rest of the features are just meh.
    However we really can't judge the phone until the reviews after release date. By then it will be in my pocket anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's a brilliant feature alright :)

Looking at all the videos, the screen just looks very dark and dull. :( I also don't like the shiny look at the back of the phone (plus who bothers to look at the back of their phone all day lol)

To get around 5 hrs SOT isn't great, I can get around 4 hrs (approx) with my S6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Vahevala wrote: »
    Looking at all the videos, the screen just looks very dark and dull. :( I also don't like the shiny look at the back of the phone (plus who bothers to look at the back of their phone all day lol)

To get around 5 hrs SOT isn't great, I can get around 4 hrs (approx) with my S6.

Okay, thanks for letting us know...

If you don't like looking at the back of your phone (any phone) then don't, sure it's unlikely to bother you, I'm not sure why this relates only to HTC. The screen is supposed to be awesome... you won't tell much from evaluating screen quality by watching dodgy youtube clips on your own 3 year old screen.

Sounds like you just want to vent... Not everyone is expected to like all products, that's why we have variety.

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Okay, thanks for letting us know...

If you don't like looking at the back of your phone (any phone) then don't, sure it's unlikely to bother you, I'm not sure why this relates only to HTC. The screen is supposed to be awesome... you won't tell much from evaluating screen quality by watching dodgy youtube clips on your own 3 year old screen.

Sounds like you just want to vent... Not everyone is expected to like all products, that's why we have variety.

No need to take it so personally! I am not watching dodgy youtube clips, I am watching the clips that have been posted here on my 2 year old bright AMOLED screen and also on my NEW laptop. I was just giving my point of view and sharing my opinion.

I didn't know if the reviewers had it on the lowest brightness or something (or possibly using auto) which could explain the darkness of the screen in comparison to other phones.

Advertisement