Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

Vahevala wrote: »
    Looking at all the videos, the screen just looks very dark and dull. :( I also don't like the shiny look at the back of the phone (plus who bothers to look at the back of their phone all day lol)

To get around 5 hrs SOT isn't great, I can get around 4 hrs (approx) with my S6.

Just wait to see one in real life on display in a shop if you're worried about the screen. It is meant to be decent, though. Also bear in mind that outdoors autobrightness has an extra boost that goes higher than what you can reach manually.

My main concern with LCD was always that they didn't go as dim as Amoled for reading in bed at night, but night mode has made that much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Vahevala wrote: »
    No need to take it so personally! I am not watching dodgy youtube clips, I am watching the clips that have been posted here on my 2 year old bright AMOLED screen and also on my NEW laptop. I was just giving my point of view and sharing my opinion.

Not taking it personally... just think that your three points are petty. You are giving out about the visual quality of a screen you haven't seen, what you have seen has no doubt been effected by a multitude of factors. You don't like the back of the phone, but on the other hand you say that you don't care about the back of the phone...

I don't mind if you want to criticise stuff on the internerd, but your arguments are weak. Sorry for not being clear in my original post. But as I suggested... variety is the spice of life, there's something for everyone.

I'm quite happy for people not to like stuff, but I'm just encouraging you to be more considered in your approach.

Patww79 wrote: »

Loads of free themes. I don't think they have implemented paid ones yet, but they have been in the pipeline for a good year or so. Anyone can access them, I don't think there's any regional blocks.

The HTC themes are generally pretty good. You can also make your own through their web theme maker and publish it, or keep for yourself.

https://themes.htc.com/#/landing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Digital River just tested my card with a euro, im cracking up with impatience as it is.

There's an xda thread for shipping discussion by the way, bit of chatter today about dates being pushed back.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Digital River just tested my card with a euro, im cracking up with impatience as it is.

There's an xda thread for shipping discussion by the way, bit of chatter today about dates being pushed back.

I ordered on the day of the announcement, but I just know I'll be made to wait until well after people who ordered after me have already got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I only put my order through Monday morning so we'll put that to the test alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Looking forward to collecting my U11 from CPW on Saturday all going well. i'll assume it'll cost the same &#8
    150e on Red Connect 60e as the XZ Premium.

I have friends in Germany that have been told they can collect their pre-ordered U11 from MediaMarkt tomorrow. This is the same as last year, a retail shop in Germany had them before HTC themselves sent it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

How long does the reg take for HTC Club? Is it meant to be quick that they send the link to finish reg after you confirm email or does it take some time? Is it worth registering on HTC Elevate also?
    Thanks

Gavman84 wrote: »
    How long does the reg take for HTC Club? Is it meant to be quick that they send the link to finish reg after you confirm email or does it take some time? Is it worth registering on HTC Elevate also?
    Thanks

Some people had to wait a while for HTC Club, and some had to try to register more than once.

Elevate is rubbish, but you supposedly get priority support. I think it's invite only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I tried to reg again but it has a record of email address. Ill just wait a bit I guess and see does an email come through. Might even look in car phone warehouse tomorrow but doubt they have any just to buy on the day...

Vodafone don't have it showing at all, even as pre order. So hopefully the CPW one will be sim free ..

Just received this from CPW:

Hi,

"Thank you for your recent HTC U11 pre-order at Carphone Warehouse.

HTC has advised us of a delay in the new phone arriving in Ireland. The estimated date of arrival is the 15th June. We will be in contact again as soon as we have exact dates.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to offer you a €50 Carphone Warehouse voucher which can be redeemed when you collect your phone.

Yours Sincerely,

Carphone Warehouse Web Team"

I might jump to XZ Premium instead..

Same from HTC UK.... Although don't know how many will be affected

https://twitter.com/HTC_UK/status/869914096971505665

I've my phone sold. Doubt I can wait until the middle of the month

1jcdub wrote: »
    I've my phone sold. Doubt I can wait until the middle of the month

It feels like a long time at the time, but I've survived a few weeks on my backup device. I can survive another week or two.

for anyone that ordered through HTC Ireland, did you get a confirmation email? I haven't received one but I can see my order on www.findmyorder.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Torn between this and the 10 for my new phone! How much do you think they will reduce the price of the 10 on the HTC site after the 11 comes out?

py2006 wrote: »
    Torn between this and the 10 for my new phone! How much do you think they will reduce the price of the 10 on the HTC site after the 11 comes out?

It's already gone as low as €400 in HTC club for some European sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's already gone as low as €400 in HTC club for some European sites.

€549 on main site

Sony xz premium won't be available for sale until the 7th-8th June, so i might as well wait for the U11. In saying that the U11 could take longer than 2 weeks to become available

Patww79 wrote: »

Yup, on www.findmyorder.com there is an option to process cancellation or view invoice.

I was messaging one guy on XDA, and he's been told he has a one week delay on the blue model that he ordered on announcement day. That's pretty bad.

Still haven't had my delay email yet.

Just looking at the HTC UK site, the Amazing Silver says in stock, while the blue and black say preorder. Maybe there is some hope that my Silver will be shipped tomorrow.

Still haven't seen any harsh reviews, most seem pretty positive. That said, I can't think of any flagships that get harsh reviews lately! S8 and LG G6 were both well received.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

1jcdub wrote: »
    Sony xz premium won't be available for sale until the 7th-8th June, so i might as well wait for the U11. In saying that the U11 could take longer than 2 weeks to become available

The XZ premium goes on general release today.

Advertisement