Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

beno619 wrote: »
    Its a bit too big for me. Very much a personal preference thing though.

I've been using the Moto Z the last month or two, which has the exact same width and height as the U 11, so won't be much of an adjustment.

Looks a decent enough device, and the main Team Venom dev has already placed his order, so I'm definitely in.

Should you have 42mins to spare for a rerun of the launch this morning:
    https://youtu.be/ffomojJcR9U

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This thing is awesome... I just need to choose a colour...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    This thing is awesome... I just need to choose a colour...

I am thinking black or Silver. Definitely not blue or red.

I'm thinking black... maybe

• Advertisement

Definitely going silver. M8, M9 and 10 were all charcoal/grey so want a change.

Holding off a bit to see if there's any kind of discount going like last year with the discount through HTC UK.

Best camera available, best sound, and the screen is meant to be awesome.

I was PMing HTC Ireland on Twitter, about whether to preorder now or not. They said to join the HTC Club and there will have 'some kind of treat in store' for members in the next few days....so I'm going to hold off to see what that is.

You can join here:

http://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

Basil3 wrote: »
    I was PMing HTC Ireland on Twitter, about whether to preorder now or not. They said to join the HTC Club and there will have 'some kind of treat in store' for members in the next few days....so I'm going to hold off to see what that is.

You can join here:

http://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

Signed up! 749 Euro is not bad for the phone but if they have a discount or sweetener, it would be nice. The fact you get USB-C headphones and a clear cover is already enticing.

Has anyone pre-ordered? When I put my device in the basket, the price changes from euros to pounds. It goes from €750 to £650, which works out about the same, but still pretty weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Has anyone pre-ordered? When I put my device in the basket, the price changes from euros to pounds. It goes from €750 to £650, which works out about the same, but still pretty weird.

£599 is at Carphone Warehouse

• Advertisement

HTC very kindly gave me a one-time discount code which took the price down to about £550/€650 (price converted to pounds because of the code).

I'd suggest joining that HTC Club linked above and seeing if they put codes through there sometime soon.

HTC very kindly gave me a one-time discount code which took the price down to about £550/€650 (price converted to pounds because of the code).

I'd suggest joining that HTC Club linked above and seeing if they put codes through there sometime soon.

I got a one time 15% discount code earlier today on twitter off them but I couldn't get it to work. Hopefully will work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Every time I see the back of one of these I want one, and then I see the front :(

Out of interest though, what type screen is in these and are they bad for burn? I use Android Auto so much that I really need to change from an AMOLED screen next time round, my Samsung is ruined with it.

Super LCD. Don't burn in like Amoled, and better outdoor visibility. Don't get the fully black blacks, though. Have been told the screen is very good, though.

I agree the front is a bit bland, but I much prefer having the FPS on the front and hardware buttons below the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You could use a magnetic holder or just turn off the function?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice specs rundown and software overview video here :)

Got my invite to HTC Club just now. The U 11 price drops from €750 to €675. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Desperately struggling not to pull the trigger on this at the moment.

• Advertisement

I have no self control... must resist...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have no money... need to apply for a loan ... :D

Despite my previous post where I said I need to see it first hand, I don't think I can wait until it's in the shops. Will be pre-ordering!

Despite my previous post where I said I need to see it first hand, I don't think I can wait until it's in the shops. Will be pre-ordering!

Be warned, HTC preorder can be a complete disaster. I preordered direct through HTC last year and took forever to finally get it. Some people I know had it 2 weeks ahead of me.

I swore I'd never preorder through HTC again.....but I have. I just have more realistic expectations this time :pac:

Be warned, HTC preorder can be a complete disaster. I preordered direct through HTC last year and took forever to finally get it. Some people I know had it 2 weeks ahead of me.

I swore I'd never preorder through HTC again.....but I have. I just have more realistic expectations this time :pac:

I had no bother with my HTC 10 last year through HTC Ireland apart from it shipping with a 2 pin plug (still waiting on them to send me the 3 pin). I always buy SIM free, so would never be able to get one from a b&m store.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Tempted to pre order. Have the discounted price 675e. I'll be away until the 3rd. Dont want for the phone to arrive while I'm away and have hassle trying to collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Jaysus.......i still have this HTC One. Great job, must be going for 3.5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone pre order the U11 from HTC? If so did HTC pre authorise your card or withdraw funds from your credit card yet?
    What colors are people favoring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

The blue looks stunning but I can't stand phones that are one colour on the back and black on the front!

Advertisement