Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It's an inconvenience having to use an adapter rather than just putting it in directly. I guess I will wait & look out for more reviews and then compare it to the S8 before any final decisions are made :)

jacksie66 wrote: »
    No headphone jack is a massive negative for me. I primarily use my phone for music. Looks like I'll stick with my LG V20 for a while yet..

You don't want to use probably one of the best (if not the best) devices for music because you primarily use your phone for music :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

Patww79 wrote: »

WiFi wasn't bad per se, but wasn't the best on the 10. Apparently way better on the U11 with glass construction. Bluetooth worked fine, although I remember having a weird issue on the M9 or 10 where the BT signal could cut out with the phone on a certain angle. Noticed when cycling with the phone in a pocket or something. Once again, reckon all the radios will work better now they're using glass construction.

Double power to launch camera is the standard Android implementation, and no doubt it will work on the U11. You also have the squeeze for camera, as you say.

You pretty much have to wake the device for notifications, using a double tap to wake or something. I found the notifications on the Moto fairly good, but in reality I wear a smart watch so ended up hardly using it.

Forgot about that. The glass should improve everything indeed.

The squeeze would be a good thing if it could be got that the squeeze wasn't activating in the car holder. That said, if I had to stick a camera shortcut back on the homescreen it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It's been a while since I had it (on an LG) but I loved double tap to wake. Not a big deal either as I wear a watch too (never thought of that).

Cheers for the help. Getting closer and closer by the day to going for this (you can always be chasing the next thing but there will always be a next thing). I think if I bought this I'd be happy that I wouldn't be coveting a Pixel 2 or Note when they land.

I might still get the note or something along with keeping the U11. Will get rid of the mrs' S6 edge plus and make her use whatever I'm not using :D

The big draw for me with HTC is always development. I'll be rooting, S-OFFing, custom ROMing and theming pretty much straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

June is a no go for me money wise so gonna give this a while see how reactions are when its out and about on the market.

Said a few weeks ago i wouldn't be tempted but all these positive comments and previews have me thinking now!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Basil3 wrote: »
    I might still get the note or something along with keeping the U11. Will get rid of the mrs' S6 edge plus and make her use whatever I'm not using :D

The big draw for me with HTC is always development. I'll be rooting, S-OFFing, custom ROMing and theming pretty much straight away.

Basil. What are your thoughts generally? Do you think this will be a good seller for HTC? It's certainly getting alot of positive previews.

Basil. What are your thoughts generally? Do you think this will be a good seller for HTC? It's certainly getting alot of positive previews.

I don't know how it will sell. It has some positives, like it's really shiny and has a great camera and great sound. I don't think these things are enough to sway people if they were also considering a Samsung. On top of that, Vodafone don't stock HTC any more, for whatever reason, so that has to have a negative effect.

I reckon HTC should just ditch the discount codes and drop the price. If they set the price at €650, then a lot more would consider it.

There was a lot of positive press originally because they flew a bunch of people to Taiwan and they got to have an early play. We'll see when the proper in-depth reviews come out, including those from reviewers who tend to prefer Sammy or Apple.

Anyway, I know that when I get it, I'll be happy with it.

Yeah, funnily enough, I've ordered direct from HTC UK the last two years since they have offered a better discount. Using PM has been easy enough, though. Only downside is the people who ordered direct through HTC Ireland got it a fair bit ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

I don't know how it will sell. It has some positives, like it's really shiny and has a great camera and great sound. I don't think these things are enough to sway people if they were also considering a Samsung. On top of that, Vodafone don't stock HTC any more, for whatever reason, so that has to have a negative effect.

I reckon HTC should just ditch the discount codes and drop the price. If they set the price at €650, then a lot more would consider it.

There was a lot of positive press originally because they flew a bunch of people to Taiwan and they got to have an early play. We'll see when the proper in-depth reviews come out, including those from reviewers who tend to prefer Sammy or Apple.

Anyway, I know that when I get it, I'll be happy with it.

Thanks Basil. Do you do video reviews yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Vodafone are stocking the U11. It can be pre ordered from carphone wearhouse.
    I've pre ordered mine there

With my dodgy kiwi accent? I don't think so :D

On top of that, Vodafone don't stock HTC any more, for whatever reason, so that has to have a negative effect.

I asked Vodafone and they told me that they will be stocking this phone.

Vahevala wrote: »
    I asked Vodafone and they told me that they will be stocking this phone.

Good news if true. They completely ditched all HTC devices over the last year or two. Considering it's released in a week, there's very little info on which carriers will have it, apart from 3.

• Advertisement

Good news if true. They completely ditched all HTC devices over the last year or two. Considering it's released in a week, there's very little info on which carriers will have it, apart from 3.

This is what they said to me.

293hjs3.png

I am hoping to see a few videos comparing the audio via speaker comparisons to the S8/S8+ because that is something that I am really interested in.

Article about the phone in the Independent: http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/is-the-new-htc-squeezecontrolled-smartphone-a-gimmick-or-something-thats-worth-getting-a-hold-of-35752276.html

I see it says:
    The U11 is only available in blue or black in the Irish market, with a red version coming later.

Maybe they are talking about buying via a phone network as that's the way I would have to do it. I can't afford to buy the phone up front. I would have to go via the contract path.

HTC UK tweeted that red will be available in the summer.

I'm not waiting anyway. Blue ordered.

I stopped procrastinating and ordered the silver earlier. Now there will be a queue forming for my 10 when they find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dlorde

1jcdub wrote: »
    Anyone pre order the U11 from HTC? If so did HTC pre authorise your card or withdraw funds from your credit card yet?
    What colors are people favoring?
    I preordered from the HTC EU site (from the UK). HTC sent me an email with a US pre-order promo discount code that didn't work on the EU site, so I rang HTC support and a very nice guy gave me an EU promo discount code - for 15% (£97.35) - that's more than the HTC Club or HTC Elevate discounts (10%). Worth giving them a call to see if they're still issuing the discount codes.

They haven't taken any money yet. The UK rules (probably EU too) are that they shouldn't debit the card until the product is shipped.

I went for the black - I'll probably use it with a case anyway, but although the other colours are 'pretty', I think black's coolest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dlorde

beno619 wrote: »
    Its a bit too big for me. Very much a personal preference thing though.
    Yes, I'm a little concerned about the size - it needs to be comfortably pocketable, and preferably I should be able to sit down with it in a front pocket; mind you, I had the same worries about the HTC 10, but got used to it in a few days.

Advertisement