Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I signed up Wednesday got the reg email Thursday. Try reg again will say can't but someone did that and said got mail shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    First meh review I've seen.

Complete joke if you ask me. Constant negative undertone without any real basis. He even used them pricing it lower than an S8 as a negative, because people would prefer to pay more money for an S8, or less for a OnePlus. Bizarre.

I just think he was trying too hard to fit his narrative on contradictions.

The amazing back with a bland front?
    Well that's fair enough, because the back is so stunning. The front is much more functional than other devices, and not just for show. Buttons aren't taking up screen real estate, and the FPS is on the front, where it should be.

Quick software with extraneous gimmicks?
    The squeeze function speeds up the software experience. It adds functionality, and you don't have to use it. That's like moaning at Samsung for including a heart rate sensor. Strange.

Multimedia features without the big battery to back it up?
    The U11 kills the S8+ in multimedia consumption test I posted above.

Awkward name?
    They wanted to make it clear that it's part of the new 'U' direction of HTC, while also making it clear that it is the next flagship, following on from M7, M8, M9, 10.

He also has a big gripe with the front facing camera. HTC provided the first phone with OIS on the front camera last year, but I think they quickly realised that people rarely walk and talk filming vlogs, and a better selfie camera is more important.

He even has a go at the HTC Companion. I don't think he understands what the companion does. It's not trying to replace Google Assistant, in the way that Sammy are with Bixby. It's trying to compliment it. This is the same way HTC have gone with their software. They use Google apps for most things, and their own for certain apps which Google don't have, or are better than the Google equivalent.

Anyway, rant over :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Gavman84 wrote: »
    I signed up Wednesday got the reg email Thursday. Try reg again will say can't but someone did that and said got mail shortly after.

Thanks

I presume you just entered your details on the below link and received an email the following day? Just checking I am not missing a step :P

http://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Ya but was on the UK HTC club I think as ie one is throwing errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I I've just watched this comparison between the U11 and the XZ Premium. Have to say I'm well impressed with the XZ browsing speed. It also ran cooler than the U11 overall..
    Sony design looks bulky compared to the U11
    https://youtu.be/YhHLb6e8gAo

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote: »
    I I've just watched this comparison between the U11 and the XZ Premium. Have to say I'm well impressed with the XZ browsing speed. It also ran cooler than the U11 overall..
    Sony design looks bulky compared to the U11
    https://youtu.be/YhHLb6e8gAo

Yeah, insanely fast browsing.

The Sony is massive, considering you're losing screen real estate for the on screen buttons.

It would still take a lot to convince me that a fingerprint scanner isn't best on the front of a device.

Ulster bank blocked payment to Digital River today until I verified I had made payment. I hope the don't cancel my order now! Will try contacting then in UK tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Transaction is showing pending for me.

Says in there terms of sale they will charge cards on dispatch, possibly to much to hope in this case?

How much is this costing on pre-order? Still waiting to sign up to HTC Club.

Through the club its €674.10.

€675 through HTC club.

Did anyone get one by other means? They're still a week off even sending them out direct aren't they?

Officially 3 days away really. I'm hoping to have it Friday. Will see of course.

Did you do CPW or Vodafone?

HTC club.

• Advertisement

I don't know! I was emailed the 8th, phone in black.

From the messages I've seen on Twitter from HTC, the people who were pushed out to the 8th might get it earlier. Not likely though.

I was told no delay, then I was told today or tomorrow at the latest. I reckon it will be the 8th before I see it. Haven't seen any evidence of orders direct from HTC being shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

How did you manage that? Are some colours out quicker or is the UK store sending them out quicker?

I'd been told the 12th as an estimate for shipping (IE, Blue.

I thought you'd cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I have absolutely no justification for buying this as my 10 is still in perfect condition but...it's very tempting.

If I could get a dual sim model I'd pull the trigger but I don't see any availability on either UK or Irish site.

I have absolutely no justification for buying this as my 10 is still in perfect condition but...it's very tempting.

If I could get a dual sim model I'd pull the trigger but I don't see any availability on either UK or Irish site.

If you want dual sim you'll need to buy direct from HTC Germany or something.

Review roundup:

PhoneArena

PocketNow

Both fairly positive. I think generally speaking, people will be happy enough, no matter which flagship they get this year.

Really weird contradictions in a lot of reviews though. PhoneArena say battery life is amazing (over 9 hours SOT in their battery test), whereas PocketNow say it's disappointing, and be prepared to be charging a lot.

PocketNow real audio review is a bit concerning for audiophiles. Have seen a few flipping out over it:

I think the included earbuds with USonic are pretty awesome, but people who want to connect really expensive headphones via the adaptor might be disappointed. This doesn't affect me, so not bothered. I will go between the included buds and a couple of BT headphones I have.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »

Through the club its €674.10.
    Basil3 wrote: »

€675 through HTC club.

Thanks, will try wait longer to be accepted into the club :)

Advertisement