Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

As I can't find a HTC 12 specific thread I'm posting this query here.

Any recommendation re an app that can cast/screen mirror a HTC 12 to a SONY TV?

Miracast is'nt working and I've tried a number of alternatives to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is anyone still using the HTC 11 as their main phone? How is it holding up? Thinking of getting one on the cheap instead of a midrange handset for the mothership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Yep still going strong after more than 2 years on my 11. Still my favourite phone I've had. Haven't experienced any performance slowdown. Battery life isn't great but that's to be expected after this long. Screen could be better under direct sunlight but that's a minor enough issue in Ireland! HTC don't appear to have any plans for a flagship successor to the 12 any time soon which is a real shame.

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is anyone still using the HTC 11 as their main phone? How is it holding up? Thinking of getting one on the cheap instead of a midrange handset for the mothership.

I still have my U11 and it's still the same as the day I bought it. I still get a full day out of the battery and that's with about 5hrs screen time. If I play games I wouldn't get a full day at all.
    I would easily recommend it as I expect I could easily get another few years out of the phone if the battery stays good.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Yep, same here, still going strong getting a full day of use. Was always one for needing to have the best flagship phone going, but I'm not seeing anything that's so revolutionary that makes me want to move on from the U11. Still fast, good camera, good screen. Thumbs up here.

• Advertisement

That's great to hear. Think it's still meant to be a great phone by today's standards. Which says more about the pace of innovation this last few years more than anything (or lack of)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

I had U11 for 2 years, never skipped a beat, actually miss it, great handset, I loved the squeeze to touch and the speaker sound was excellent. Camera is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I actually regret giving up my U11 last year. After a roundabout of phones I settled on the U12 but there's no doubt about the buttons can be annoying at times.

I thought I saw a brand new one on Amazon for £199, but when I went to order it today I realised it was a HTC U Ultra, because obviously Amazon site is purposefully **** and misleading I somehow nearly ended up order a totally different phone. Don't really know anything about the U Ultra so gave it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Only issue I have with my U11 is that I dropped it early on so the glass back is cracked. I have a cover on it but that's now coming away through wear and tear.

Phone itself is great. Just need to invest in a few cover and I'll get at least another year out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I have noticed an issue with recording audio since updating to Android 9, particularly on Snapchat and WhatsApp. There'll be an initial spike in levels and then it goes really quiet, barely audible at times. Did the diagnostic mic test and all 4 mics are functioning normally so must be a software thing? I've noticed it in some snaps I've received from other people too and I know they're not HTC users.

I must be partially deaf because when taking calls, the volume is up to Max but I have difficulty hearing the caller if I am on a street or at work when there is background noise.
    With the earphones in its perfect sound all the time.
    Talking about the USB-C earphones, even after using them for 2.5 years they are still going strong.

Advertisement