Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Its the kinda phone you love to be able to show off and have out for people to see but at same time i dont think i could go without using it with a case.

I mean only for i gave my m8 and m9 to my girlfriend they would be in perfect condition!

My 10 is like brand new.

Its the kinda phone you love to be able to show off and have out for people to see but at same time i dont think i could go without using it with a case.

I mean only for i gave my m8 and m9 to my girlfriend they would be in perfect condition!

My 10 is like brand new.

It's the same as any phone. If you drop it, it won't be in perfect condition. I haven't dropped a phone in a long time, but I still use a case most of the time. One thing about the HTC metal devices is they could actually show up some marks quite easily, even if they are only cosmetic.

I'm planning on using the clear case that comes with it, and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's the same as any phone. If you drop it, it won't be in perfect condition. I haven't dropped a phone in a long time, but I still use a case most of the time. One thing about the HTC metal devices is they could actually show up some marks quite easily, even if they are only cosmetic.

I'm planning on using the clear case that comes with it, and see how it goes.

Ya if i do buy the phone id like a case that will show off the phone. I want something that offers nice bit of protection from falls etc as well though.

Always found the Spigen cases done the job really well ive dropped my phone a couple of times in work and the cover is in great condition the phone itself is perfect!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Doesn't it come with a case?

I won't be using one.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Doesn't it come with a case?

I won't be using one.

Yup, clear case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

The U11 in blue is available for pre order on 3 and Vodafone through carphone wearhouse if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Can't really comment on the Fingerprint Scanner. The 10 had one that is as fast as any I've used, if not faster. I've only used the S6 Edge+, 10, Moto Z and iPhone 6 though. I much prefer the way HTC have the fingerprint scanner that isn't a clickable button. I often found that actually having to press in the home button on the S6 Edge+ was a bit awkward and slow.

I don't even know if HTC do a browser anymore. They were phasing it out last time I used it (probably M9). It might be available on the Play Store, but HTC basically got rid of a lot of their apps that duplicate Google Apps. They now use Chrome, Google Photos etc.

AFAIK you can install Samsung Health on any device. There was an issue with Samsung Gear watches not being able to connect to non-Samsung devices, but a mate of mine fixed the issue. Here's the thread on XDA.

• Advertisement

Yes, best in class, super quick and easy to use... With the boost app you can also use the fingerprint scanner to protect your apps
    dunno
    yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Oh one other thing too, how long does it normally take to get that HTC club thing? I signed up the other day to leave myself the option. Or is it a limited numbers thing?

I was 2 days waiting before it came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Interesting side-by-side camera comparison with the Galaxy S8+ here.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_u11_samsung_galaxy_s8plus_shootout-review-1614.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Interesting. There's a lot of times the Samsung captures more detail but I definitely find myself preferring the HTC shots overall.

Jaysus I can't believe I'm leaning towards buying a HTC.

A great choice if you don't like security patch updates☹️.

Interesting. There's a lot of times the Samsung captures more detail but I definitely find myself preferring the HTC shots overall.

Jaysus I can't believe I'm leaning towards buying a HTC.

One of the guys on XDA extensively compared the U11 to the S8 and the U11 killed the S8 in detail, very obvious when cropping and zooming.....then it turns out Samsung are once again using two sensors, and one is significantly better than the other. I'm not sure which the EU has ended up with.

corwill wrote: »
    A great choice if you don't like security patch updates☹️.

Obviously not a HTC user... We've been getting our updates well before Samsung over the past few years, plus we don't have all the bloatware that causes most of the security risk. Add to that that HTC don't sell phones that they know pose risks of burning their owners... I'd say the benefits are much greater...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Obviously not a HTC user... We've been getting our updates well before Samsung over the past few years, plus we don't have all the bloatware that causes most of the security risk. Add to that that HTC don't sell phones that they know pose risks of burning their owners... I'd say the benefits are much greater...

I have a UK unlocked HTC 10, and it's still on the 1 January 2017 security patch. I'm not the only one, either - https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/how-to/unlocked-htc-10-update-updated-s-t3376329

So much for HTC's vaunted reputation on updates, which was a key reason for me when selecting the 10. The update to 7.0 has been accompanied by a widely acknowledged worsening in battery life, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Couldn't give a flying fup about security patches tbh.

I'd prefer HTC to focus their limited resources on Android updates.

First proper review that I've seen. They'll probably start flowing in over the next few days.

I'm 5 now, so it may be a limited thing.

Try registering again, it took 2 goes before I got the email through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am still weighing up the options between S8 or S8+ versus U11 on contract. I am so indecisive :eek:

I only ever had one HTC phone and wasn't a huge fan of it but that was years ago! The no headphone jack would be an irritant and I would miss amoled but am not a huge lover of curved screens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

jacksie66 wrote: »
    No headphone jack is a massive negative for me. I primarily use my phone for music. Looks like I'll stick with my LG V20 for a while yet..

If you carry headphones with you anyway... whats the big deal with having the connector constantly attached? It's not exactly additional weight... plus if you are so into music you'll be much better off with the DAC that is standard on the HTC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The last few no headphone jack posts would make you think people actually believe they wouldn't be able to use their regular headphones again.

Advertisement