Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Vahevala wrote: »
    The XZ premium goes on general release today.

Apparently not in CPW...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

1jcdub wrote: »
    Apparently not in CPW...

It seems to be available both in Vodafone & Eir stores. Ah ok, I never go to CPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Vahevala wrote: »
    It seems to be available both in Vodafone & Eir stores. Ah ok, I never go to CPW.
    I'd only buy there in the hope of getting a unbranded phone on contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys it's there any dedicated thread for the Experia XZ premium?

Trying to find out if it supports android pay and wireless charging.

• Advertisement

Hey guys it's there any dedicated thread for the Experia XZ premium?

Trying to find out if it supports android pay and wireless charging.

It would support android pay, but doesn't have wireless charging. Google is a much better source of info rather than looking on boards :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    It would support android pay, but doesn't have wireless charging. Google is a much better source of info rather than looking on boards :D

Would you believe I googled XZ premium along with android pay and wireless charging and just got reviews with no concrete answers.

How about a fingerprint scanner?

Not worth upgrading from my S7 edge so.

Would you believe I googled XZ premium along with android pay and wireless charging and just got reviews with no concrete answers.

How about a fingerprint scanner?

Not worth upgrading from my S7 edge so.

I believe it has fingerprint scanner on the side, and they've removed it from the US version again for some reason.

You should start a thread for it :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    I believe it has fingerprint scanner on the side, and they've removed it from the US version again for some reason.

You should start a thread for it :D

Cheers Basil always a fountain of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HTC-U11-Review_id4361

Given that Phonearena are consistently in the bag for Samsung and Apple down the years, and bend over backwards to nitpick devices by other OEMs (as they do here), this review is winning me around in a big way. Some solid improvements on the 10, particularly the battery. I just wish I could be confident about software support, given how they've done with the 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Regarding screen:

U11
    528nits
    1:1703

HTC10
    428nits
    1:1594

S8+
    565nits
    1:100000000000000

U11 is a much brighter screen than the 10 had (which I had no problems with outside), and almost as bright as the S8. Contrast ratio is also a decent improvement over the 10.

Nice battery benchmarks as well:

https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDBO3kWZWAAM67JZ.jpg

Just got an email from HTC stating "The estimated shipping date is now 08.06.17"

So one week delay is survivable. Is it in any of the shops today? Would be great to see and play with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

So, just got a mail from HTC saying my order will be dispatched on the 12 of June.

I purchased Sapphire Blue from HTC Club on Monday, 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Patww79 wrote: »
    Got that too. 12th is unacceptable for a pre order so I've cancelled.

The annual HTC flagship preorder shambles.

Still awaiting my delay email. Pretty ridiculous. On shipping day you don't know if you'll get an email to say it's shipped, or to say it's delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I got a email saying the 8th. I'll live with that. Have G5 sold to cex and the oneplus one running lineage, so I'll survive.

Patww79 wrote: »

.....or not rushing them, which is why we wait.

Regardless, I've never worried about stuff like that. Have never had a defective HTC out of 10 that I've owned, and even if I did get one, I'll just get a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I have an S8 plus and kinda wished I waited now. Love the looks of the u11. That blue one would be sweet in a rhinoshield crashguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

This phone looks great! I have the M9 and was going to go for the S8 or One Plus 5 but this has swung my decision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Haven't watched reviews yet. How decent is the LCD ? Found it good on the 10 but Anandtech found it sub par. Hopefully improved on the U11.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Haven't watched reviews yet. How decent is the LCD ? Found it good on the 10 but Anandtech found it sub par.

Scroll up a bit. It's a lot better than the 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Got joined to HTC club anyway. 670 though that. I'll wait a bit with delay to order I think. Might get promo code email too never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Got joined to HTC club anyway. 670 though that. I'll wait a bit with delay to order I think. Might get promo code email too never know!

10 is still same price via club

Got a DM from HTC UK confirming my U11 is on its way. No email, tracking or anything though.

DM from HTC UK:
    Hi,
    We're very sorry to let you know that due to a fault at the warehouse we were not able to release your order today. We have ensured that your HTC U11 will be shipped and with you on Monday, Tuesday at the very latest. We do apologise for the inconvenience.

Why am I not surprised :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Tried to sign up to the HTC club at the beginning of the week, still no email from them with registration.

Does it take this long normally?

Was going to switch from HTC to Samsung, but delighted I didn't purchase the S8, looks like I will be staying with HTC.

Advertisement