Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Anyone tried custom games? Did one with cars and grenades only. A bit unstable but fun. The spectator mode is pretty good from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

nix wrote: »
    They really need to reduce the gas damage, or make it so you can atleast outrun the ****ing thing, died way too many times to it today :mad:

I cannot stand this "make the game easier and hold my hand" ****e.

Its part of the game. You're doing something wrong if you're getting killed by the gas so much.

Start giving yourself more time to get into the next circle. Leave your location earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gas? Do we mean the electric field?

The field and how you deal with it really defines the end game. You have to be careful with your positioning. You can't wait for it to be on top of you and then try to outrun it. Generally speaking you want to be in a good position within the white circle, killing people when they are forced to move. If you're not the first guy you're the second guy, getting shot by people who are already safe. There really is no excuse for the field killing you outside of the very end of the game where it becomes a game of patience: when there are only three or four of you left the first guy to get up and bolt is often the first guy to get shot down.

It's a tricky balancing game in the end game, they are still developing it, don't forget; they're definitely considering having it behave in different ways, ideally to make luck factor in less.

Regardless, outside of the last five dudes in the end game, if the field is getting you you're playing really badly. Plan your movements ahead of time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A good tip is the field edge closest to the next circle will move a lot slower than the edge that has to close over a greater distance. If you want to play the edge it's worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Korvanica wrote: »
    I cannot stand this "make the game easier and hold my hand" ****e.

Its part of the game. You're doing something wrong if you're getting killed by the gas so much.

Start giving yourself more time to get into the next circle. Leave your location earlier.

I am leaving my location, im constantly moving, need time to heal sometimes and the circle can shoot to the opposite end to where you are, then it over shoots you and rapes your health to death in no time because it moves faster than you do at the end. I dont think thats the intention of the gas, its intention is to bring everybody closer, which it does, it just kills alot of people when it should just nudge them to move :confused:

Oh and no need to be a dick Korvanica, this is a forum, for discussion, not for flexing ego :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    I am leaving my location, im constantly moving

You should be getting into position ahead of time and hiding out. You're doing it wrong if you're constantly moving. Get a vehicle and get to the centre of the white circle if you find yourself on the wrong end of the island.

I think I've died inside the field once in 50 hours of play.

The field isn't the problem, your strategy is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's rare but it can still happen to you that you have to run all game if the car spawns and circles suck, but your strategy should always be to move to a good location ahead of time, I do wish it was a bit slower because you can get really punished for having fights and fell like you just have to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Could this game be run on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with the following system?

Processor: Core i5-5200U 2.2GHz
    Graphics Card: GeForce 920M 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

It's rare but it can still happen to you that you have to run all game if the car spawns and circles suck, but your strategy should always be to move to a good location ahead of time, I do wish it was a bit slower because you can get really punished for having fights and fell like you just have to run.

Yeah you can get catastrophically unlucky with a series of events, like landing as far from the circle as you can, all the vehicles being taken, getting pinned down in a standoff, crappy gear so you feel you have to try and loot more, etc.

But enough of those things happening all together to be a problem should be extremely rare. If the field is getting you on a regular basis you're going about the game wrong.

I really think nix just has to be leaving it far too late to get into panic mode. It's like people not getting worried about a tsunami until they can already see the wall of water coming for them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I do think circles could do with being a bit slower in squad matches at least, it would encourage people to engage in fire fights late game a bit more imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Could this game be run on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with the following system?

Processor: Core i5-5200U 2.2GHz
    Graphics Card: GeForce 920M 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

On Low settings with AA and Foliage at very low..

Maybe buy it try it for 2 hours and if its a nightmare to run,get the refund..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

bigphil2 wrote: »
    On Low settings with AA and Foliage at very low..

Maybe buy it try it for 2 hours and if its a nightmare to run,get the refund..

Cheers

It's a horribly optimised game at the moment. It's a little better from a month ago but still not great. On a GTX 1070 it stills chugs when too close to the two big towns. I'd be shocked if that card can run it at anything like an acceptable level.

Now that I'm basically a pro at this, its time to impart some wisdom for solo.

Three basic rules to get down to the last 10.

Do you have any automatic rifle with any scope?
    Do you have some meds?
    Are you in the circle?

If yes to all, stop looting and hide. The above is all you need. Looting is suicide. Silencers are nice but useless when your dead. I would literally go prone where I can't be seen at all, at the top of a stairs for example so I can easily ambush silly looters. I'd often alt tab and just listen to sound and browse internet while I wait for the circle to come in. A decent kill at this stage can give you all the loot you need. Boring as **** but it gets you further. Only engage completely on your own terms. They should be dead before they know you exist. Even still, firing in the open just gives away your position. Pacifism is best.

Once down to the last 10, the most important thing to remember is to get lucky with the next circle placement. This is tricky but with some practise, you can force the enemy to come to you. Try to ignore the sweaty palms and impending heart attack. Become one with the grass.

Any questions?

Once you're down to the last ten don't shoot anyone unless they are in imminent danger of shooting you. Even if it would be an easy kill, you're just revealing your position. Someone else is probably about to shoot your target anyway. Chill out, let them reveal themselves.

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Cheers

No worries im running it on an acer predator laptop

Processor Type Core i5 6300HQ 2300 MHz

16Gb Ram

Graphics Card Description GEFORCE GTX970M (6Gb)

i have it on custom settings ,High setting and basically the 2 setting above at very low and an 60fps mostly,dips into the early 50's now and again but its fine

Zillah wrote: »
    Once you're down to the last ten don't shoot anyone unless they are in imminent danger of shooting you. Even if it would be an easy kill, you're just revealing your position. Someone else is probably about to shoot your target anyway. Chill out, let them reveal themselves.

Literally just learned that the hard way. It's just not worth revealing your position.

Everything is learned the hard way in this game.

Solo game is just a little boring though. Not sure how it can be improved but it needs something.

Literally just learned that the hard way. It's just not worth revealing your position.

just the other night,down to the last 5,i was lying prone behind a tree,a jeep drives right towards the tree,guy jumps out so i get out the shotgun..no wait,id holstered my weapon while going prone,so out comes the silenced pistol..got 3 shots on target and was murdered by his UMP.. should have sat still..

My best round so far though.5th and 4 kills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Solo game is just a little boring though. Not sure how it can be improved but it needs something.

I enjoy it but for me the biggest challenge with the game is it's very nature.

Load into lobby, wait for enough numbers, then get a 1 minute timer as if we haven't waited enough, then on a plane for about 30 seconds, then parachuting for the same then 10-15 minutes just running about looting. Then if you're unlucky you get blapped and repeat the above. If you're less unlucky you get to run from tree to tree for another 10-15 minutes. In some games you might not see a single enemy until you're in around the top 10. You've now spent some 20 minutes+ doing literally nothing. Then crack, you get sniped in the head from nowhere. Wait a minute for the game to close and restart and then repeat the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

First person only mode. It's too easy to just camp in solo and use freelook. I've noticed that which is why I choose duo or squads now.

Apparently there are two new maps that the devs are working on. One is 8x8 which is the size of the current one and another is 4x4 in a desert city so much more urban close range combat. Honestly I'm surprised they are doing it, no one really asked for them. At the same time I'm delighted. I seen some crude drawings from LevelCap on YT and it looks impressive.

The desert one is like this.

Theres an intersection of highways with a stadium south west of the centre intersection. Hillside slums to the north of the stadium across from the highway, buried buildings to the north east of the highway and east of the stadium. The highway travelling east runs off a canyon cliff and is destroyed. Just underneath that section of highway is a secondary large town. Slightly south of that is the main town (both combined are essentially a city) which has the southern highway running directly parallel to it. There are a few towns and villages dotted along the outskirts but the main part is clearly wherever the highway is. All the bridges are destroyed.

I can only imagine the damage that can be done on that map. Since the entire city will be a high value loot spawn from north to south it's going to be a snipers paradise. Especially with the highway added right through all the city, as well as the stadium which will no doubt have a roof with some great vantage points.

Main question is, will it be free or paid?

Surely free, I would hope the game would have more than one map in its finished state.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely free, I would hope the game would have more than one map in its finished state.

Doesn't H1Z1 only have one map? I like how these guys are investing serious time in this game at the early stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mickeroo wrote: »

Sure didn't Ark produce paid dlc for it's 'early access' although this developer seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just started playing today and my best so far is 6th place

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New maps are free, part of the finished game and a game like this needs more maps. If they charge they can fcuk right off. Not to familiar with Blue holes business etiquette.

I find it sad that BI never really put effort into making a standalone proper version of A3 that does this. PUBG got A2/3 numbers in less than a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Woohoo 4th game and finished 4th.

Pure blind luck but fourth!!!! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Don't know how I have still managed to resist buying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

jonski wrote: »

Don't know how I have still managed to resist buying this.

My brain. Ahhhhhhh....

Is that a Eurovision song?

Advertisement