Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have 1080, SSD, 5960X Cpu and it doesnt run great get about 70 fps on Ultra so wouldnt go buying a new PC just yet.

This game needs a lot of love, hopefully 2 million players will get it the love it needs.

Like a claymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm sickened. Had the perfect spot on end game, 3 left with me, had the jump on one guy, aim clear shot at his head. Boom! I kill the ridge directly in front of me.... Guy turns, I die.

So freaking annoyed.

https://www.facebook.com/techinsider/videos/753963208135371/
    Updates: Streamer asked about rocket launchers, PU said probably not but they've been looking at M203 underbarrel m16 launchers, but it doesn't seem very likely as of now for the core game mode. Same goes for dual wielding pistols, not very realistic when trying to reload two pistols in battle.
    More cosmetics will be added soon and there will be no paid-content until after release.
    Lots of great content to come but their main focus is to work as fast they can on patches for both framerates and server lag.
    Have devs looking at the console platform and it's going to happen, but not until the PC version is fully done.
    Bullet drop and spread mechanics are still a work in progress.
    Weapon damage and armor stats are still a work in progress (they're close to where they want to be but obviously will continue balancing/fixing damage done.)
    Would like to add 1 weapon a month until release.
    Directional audio is still a work in progress and a huge focus. The main dev on this feature is an ex CS pro-tier player.
    Still hotfixing tons of those crappy falling animation glitches every day (you can see the build number change nearly every game you are in at the bottom middle of screen, version number).
    He loves seeing the funny game modes already popping up in Customs. One Korean streamer has a makeshift Zombie mode where 1 squad is allowed to get melee weapons and 92 others have to use their fists attempting to kill the squad. Goldeneye where it's first person only, no armor no meds, and only pistols. Or "where's waldo?" 1 player dresses up in the red/white striped tee shirt and tries to hide from the other 99 players. Sounds fun :)
    Adding more the point above, they will definitely add more options to the customs mode over time so when it goes public, we all get a chance to create some fun rulesets. He mentioned being able to remove the blue zone completely and make it a free roam map. Also thinks car races around the map would be fun too, once more options and mods come! (and less "car humping" bugs. his words, not mine lol)
    "Map is meant to be sort of a forgotten island somewhere in the black sea and Soviets during the war to use as a military base.. then was abandoned due to an "accident". Basic gist of it. PU big fan of brutalist architecture and very proud of the map. If you didn't know the map is named "Erangel" in relation to PU's daughter Eireann.
    Even more variety will be trickled into the current map so we have a few more interior models and such.
    They now have 2 new members of the team that are officially "data scientists" and came from Bluehole's MMO studio. They're now analyzing the huge piles of data from the last couple months and will help being tweaking and balancing everything from car speed to parachute distances to gun damage. That is super exciting!
    PU has always had faith that this genre could be done right and be a massively popular game. But he didn't expect 2 million copies so quickly and even though that puts a ton of pressure on his shoulders, he's at peace because of his "incredible" dev team. It will be good.
    Host says "and for an early access game I've been very surprised how well it runs as I've not seen any crashes personally --" PU chimes in "Well for you that's great! But there are some people that have been crashing constantly and we truly, sincerely, apologize to those people and are working very hard to get those issues patched immediately. 90% of players might have no crashing issues but we need that to be as close to 100% as possible. Always send reports!"
    They're constantly brainstorming circle speed ideas and firmly believe the only thing that should kill you is other players (if playing within the basic rules). Changes will come soon to circle speeds and new mechanics may be tested.

test version

^^ Hasn't had any crashes? I crash out at least once an hour. It seems more prevalent in squad mode for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

^^ Hasn't had any crashes? I crash out at least once an hour. It seems more prevalent in squad mode for whatever reason.
    Well for you that's great! But there are some people that have been crashing constantly and we truly, sincerely, apologize to those people and are working very hard to get those issues patched immediately. 90% of players might have no crashing issues but we need that to be as close to 100% as possible. Always send reports!

I haven't had any crashes either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I've had maybe one or two at most. Came up as a memory issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I just get stuck in an infinite loading screen after a game now and then. Think I've got 5/6 wins under my belt now, and god knows how many 2nd places, just 3 yesterday alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Lads started playing this over the weekend,havent played KB + M in about 10 years,im utterly ****e at it but **** me its one good game,got 5th in one match ( through blind luck and hiding) and got 3 kills in my last match yesterday..

Its like tactically i get what i need to do,but its just lack of practice on the keyboard and mouse that gets me killed,well that and getting sniped from 200m away while trying to run for cover..

Korvanica wrote: »
    I haven't had any crashes either.

I had one right after posted earlier :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got a lot of crashes recently but they seem to have stopped now, jsut get the infinite loading screen.
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Ah here I give up, I have 80 hours on it and still haven't won a solo game. Sickening. Here, have a VERY reluctant thanks and make sure to pass it onto your female hacker friend :pac:

Don't worry, I've never won one either We have spent a lot of time watching streams and talking about how to do things better, hooked!

Was trying to some some randomer squads, about a dozen and every one I was either left on my own by people quitting, or they died in the first few seconds. I'd nearly rather just queue on my own against squads tbh, it's really bad if you don't know the people.

• Advertisement

First Squad win yesterday, with a 3 man squad and all.

Decided at the start we were just going for a mess game too. Dropped as soon as we could, straight for the power plant. Fully expecting it to be chaos and to die almost instantly.

For some reason only 1 other squad did the same, managed to kill them all without losing anyone, and get geared up. Few fights along the way and some tactical retreats on our part and somehow we lucked out and ended up in the very center of the end circle, on a hill, with rocks for cover.

Very satisfying win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm sickened. Had the perfect spot on end game, 3 left with me, had the jump on one guy, aim clear shot at his head. Boom! I kill the ridge directly in front of me.... Guy turns, I die.

So freaking annoyed.

Yeah, when playing solo, the best advice i can give you is to only shoot when absolutely necessary. As in, when someone see's or is shooting at you, or if you have a suppressor.

More often than not, opening up on someone will result in you getting shot in the back, so best to be as sneaky as possible until last 2-3 if you can. Stay as close to the gas as you can as that will cut out the paranoia of someone coming from behind you, unless you have no cover.

Always be progressing for the best position over your enemies, instead of going for the kills.

Unless you're a killing machine, then go nuts :P

Korvanica wrote: »
    First Squad win yesterday, with a 3 man squad and all.

Decided at the start we were just going for a mess game too. Dropped as soon as we could, straight for the power plant. Fully expecting it to be chaos and to die almost instantly.

For some reason only 1 other squad did the same, managed to kill them all without losing anyone, and get geared up. Few fights along the way and some tactical retreats on our part and somehow we lucked out and ended up in the very center of the end circle, on a hill, with rocks for cover.

Very satisfying win. :D

I swear this approach works very often for me. I jump early to a spot that the plane is going right over. Everyone seems to think the spot will be flooded with people, hence nobody goes there. Its a bit of a double bluff but often works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Just had two second places in a row, 4 kills and 5 kills. Both times I seen the last guy and thought I knew where he was and then had him sneak around behind me :( So annoying. Guess I need to be more aggressive on final 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are the squads with random people?

do they generally have mics?

dunworth1 wrote: »

Always play squads with a few mates on discord. Sometime we end up with a 4th random.

Most people have mics, as you can tell from the spawn island shenanigans.

Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek Snek :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dunworth1 wrote: »

In-game chat can be heard by other players if they are close enough. Better to use Discord.

On my 1st game I hit mute everyone I dont regret my decision.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On my 1st game I hit mute everyone I dont regret my decision.

My mates all dress as "where's Wally" and play the the theme tune whilst dancing in a circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone looking to squad up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

circadian wrote: »
    Anyone looking to squad up?

We have a channel on Discord for Boards members

https://discord.gg/SEdsv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

We have a channel on Discord for Boards members

https://discord.gg/SEdsv

Has expired, got a fresh one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

circadian wrote: »
    Has expired, got a fresh one?

https://discord.gg/3JgKWhJ

Sorry. Didn't think it would expire so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

after several ****ty rounds yesterday (got shot by a guy as i was parachuting to a house,one shotted by a punch to head as i walked through a front door..etc etc) I was having what was shaping up to be a perfect run,found a group of houses to the east of the map,at the centre of the first circle,got geared up to level 3 backpack,level 2 helmet,an Mi6 with acog and extended mag,miniuzi with the silencer,5 first aid kits.. All i had to do was wait for the circle to shrink...

Game crashes.. :(

Finally got my solo chicken dinner. I'll admit it was a bit underwhelming after all the heartbreak getting here. Pretty much drove a car to a point, got geared up then the circle closed in around an area of rocky shore. I pretty much just lay down, had a great spot in terms of hiding and everyone else came in from different avenues. I just lay down, let everyone else do the hard work. 2nd place kills 3rd place. He goes behind a tree. bang bang he's dead. 1 kill all round :D

Finally got my solo chicken dinner. I'll admit it was a bit underwhelming after all the heartbreak getting here. Pretty much drove a car to a point, got geared up then the circle closed in around an area of rocky shore. I pretty much just lay down, had a great spot in terms of hiding and everyone else came in from different avenues. I just lay down, let everyone else do the hard work. 2nd place kills 3rd place. He goes behind a tree. bang bang he's dead. 1 kill all round :D

Now you must win without any kills

Now you must win without any kills

Become one with the grass.

Finally. Its done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They really need to reduce the gas damage, or make it so you can atleast outrun the ****ing thing, died way too many times to it today :mad:

Advertisement