Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm finding getting stuck into every gun fight doesn't help especially when there's a third arsehole camping and waiting for the opportunity to do ya. Got 3rd last night but was caught out from going too aggressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

578080_screenshots_20170415224346_1.jpg
    image hosting for websites

Managed to kill a squad of 3 who were clearing houses looking for me with a silenced pistol. Picking them off one by one Splinter Cell style. Even killed the last downed guy with a machete as he cursed me out for using a wall hack. Good times.

Looted the bodies. Got a Awm with a 15x scope and silencer. Sorted I thought.

I had to get back to the squad so I drove there along the outer line of the circle as it closed in, being very slow and careful. By the time I got to the squad there was only 27 left and they were engaging another squad.

They kill 2 and get knocked out one by one until it's only me, 3 downed team mates crawling for cover and two left. I survive barely but kill them and revive my team mates just in time. They give me a verbal high five and I feel like a hero. I begin to think "What a game, what a community" as I patch myself up. One guy from the group of 3 (who were clearly friends) notices my Awm and compliments the silencer and 15x scope. The other 2 notice it. I begin to notice it....

BANG!

Teamkilled. Followed by a "Thank you come again" and laughing.

Focking Day-Z players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    578080_screenshots_20170415224346_1.jpg
    image hosting for websites

Managed to kill a squad of 3 who were clearing houses looking for me with a silenced pistol. Picking them off one by one Splinter Cell style. Even killed the last downed guy with a machete as he cursed me out for using a wall hack. Good times.

Looted the bodies. Got a Awm with a 15x scope and silencer. Sorted I thought.

I had to get back to the squad so I drove there along the outer line of the circle as it closed in, being very slow and careful. By the time I got to the squad there was only 27 left and they were engaging another squad.

They kill 2 and get knocked out one by one until it's only me, 3 downed team mates crawling for cover and two left. I survive barely but kill them and revive my team mates just in time. They give me a verbal high five and I feel like a hero. I begin to think "What a game, what a community" as I patch myself up. One guy from the group of 3 (who were clearly friends) notices my Awm and compliments the silencer and 15x scope. The other 2 notice it. I begin to notice it....

BANG!

Teamkilled. Followed by a "Thank you come again" and laughing.

Focking Day-Z players.

Fking scum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can anyone explain why this has suddenly become popular in a sea of other very similar 'Battle Royale' games ?

Any videos I see it just looks like a blatant rip-off of H1Z1.
    It currently has the 4th most players online and is only 2000 players behind Team Fortress 2, which is amazing considering Team Fortress 2 is free and PUB is 30 quid.

TF2 wasn't always free, it's also a 10 year old game !

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why this has suddenly become popular in a sea of other very similar 'Battle Royale' games ?

Any videos I see it just looks like a blatant rip-off of H1Z1.

TF2 wasn't always free, it's also a 10 year old game !

The creator of this game Brendan Greene aka PLAYERUNKNOWN created the Battle Royale game mode/mod. He consulted on how H1 was made but didn't have control of the end product, He's runs the show 100% on PUBG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So I got to see what happens at the very end. If you don't kill each other in the final white circle (there were a bunch of buildings so three of us were hiding) then the blue field suddenly starts closing in and doesn't stop! One lad killed the other while I ran towards the rapidly shrinking safe zone, then he died in the blue and I won, standing in an island of safety about three feet wide with a sliver of health.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a test server live on steam now, shows up as a separate version of the game. Big patch due tomorrow but you can try it on the test server now apparently.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a test server live on steam now, shows up as a separate version of the game. Big patch due tomorrow but you can try it on the test server now apparently.

Test server live custom servers coming Friday (available for streamers/partners only)

https://www.twitch.tv/smookie___ dev stream live atm.

Had a go on the test server there. Getting about 10-12 fps increase and the game feels a lot smoother. Footstep volume decreased but still a little loud imo could hear someone running around a building and coming up the stairs. They added a crouched sprint also which is pretty good although the animation could do with some tweaks. The game is much brighter I thought.

Tried to increase graphics settings but will probably settle with everything very low still and textures ultra view distance ultra. Definitely is an improvement though!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had a go on the test server there. Getting about 10-12 fps increase and the game feels a lot smoother. Footstep volume decreased but still a little loud imo could hear someone running around a building and coming up the stairs. They added a crouched sprint also which is pretty good although the animation could do with some tweaks. The game is much brighter I thought.

Tried to increase graphics settings but will probably settle with everything very low still and textures ultra view distance ultra. Definitely is an improvement though!

You try out the foliage settings? It's supposed to remove any advantage to having foliage set to very low.

• Advertisement

You try out the foliage settings? It's supposed to remove any advantage to having foliage set to very low.

Yeah all ground foliage looks to be set to ultra for where players render and it effects the distance beyond player render switching it from very low/ultra.

Great, i look forward to spending a whole match prone in a field :o

Great, i look forward to spending a whole match prone in a field :o

Perfectly acceptable strategy. Wait until the white circle demands you stand up and run across that field, however!

5.3gb patch... I suppose its just the whole game again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

A lot of good additions. Powerful SMG and crossbow added. Motorbike and sidecar. Ballistic face mask. And you can now open map in spectator mode.

5.3gb patch... I suppose its just the whole game again

That's unreal engine for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Really solid patch all round. I no longer get a big stutter mid parachute jump which is nice. All the buildings seem to load before landing now which is a massive improvement. Don't know how many times I stood in front of a building waiting for it to load just to see someone run straight into the one next door that hasn't loaded either.

Had to change the resolution as the inventory was messed up and I couldn't see the guns on the right side. Weird part is it might have changed the graphics of the game. It looks more rich in colour, sometimes cartoonishly so but it looks great and I'm running consistantly 20 FPS better than i was. Having more foliage or atleast more density of it makes it harder to spot people and it seems to be adding to the "tactical" side of things.

Love how the frying pan now deflects bullets. I can't wait to rush someone shooting at me while holding it trying to deflect the bullets like a lightsaber.

Love how the frying pan now deflects bullets. I can't wait to rush someone shooting at me while holding it trying to deflect the bullets like a lightsaber.

Ass Armour...

This game really can make the blood boil. Went straight for a buggy, someone else did too. I landed closer, reached it first, press F, nothing happened; pressed F again, nothing happened. He started punching me, kept pressing F, still nothing happened - died without ever getting into the vehicle.

Does damage block getting into vehicles or something?

Should have busted his chops! Seriously though, haven't experienced that. I have gotten shot while getting into a vehicle so maybe it just bugged out at that point for you. New patch has improved the performance but it's till gonna take time to iron out all the niggley problems with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Made it to number 3 last night. It was so intense. The circle was so small all you could do was hide in the foliage in a dip in the ground. When it got to the top 10 all I could hear were people shooting from right beside me. Gave my position away when I saw someone make a run and I blew him away.

Could be weeks before I do as well again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2nd 3 times in a row tonight, rebought it after the patch and it runs grand.

I think the lag issues will be resolved ala H1Z1 style ping limiter and this game needs a claymore :) Put 2 7.62 rounds into a guy from point blank he jumped in the air and 1 shot killed me.

Found a cheater earlier, I landed in a town with my squad and seen another guy landing close. He had M416 with grip, 4x scope and 200 rounds, he had an Ump with 2x scope and numerous other high level goodies. He had just landed and didnt have time to take out his weapon I was on him that fast and killed him with a pistol I grabbed from a checkpoint tower, forgot to record it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Really loveing this game even on my ****ty 12-30 FPS, so much fun, love it solo, even better in squads. Can't wait til it's more polished. First time I've ever bought an early access game and was gonna return it after two hours if it wasn't cutting it, easy keep even with my PC **** performance (and mine :D).

Desperately needs some shooting practicing outside of a match. The devs seem to be working pretty fast so it looks good on the improvements front.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just got this. So intense. 6th is best finish so far. I feel winning will involve more luck than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I can't cope... Been top 10 like... 4 times in a row now. So much time invested and you die so quickly. Really struggling to find decent weapons. I've pretty much only been able to find UMPs and shotties most times.

Try and land in the airbase on the island south of the mainland if the opportunity arises. Decent gear there majority of the time.

I think the UMP is actually pretty good

I can't cope... Been top 10 like... 4 times in a row now. So much time invested and you die so quickly. Really struggling to find decent weapons. I've pretty much only been able to find UMPs and shotties most times.

Loot drops got screwed in the last patch, should be back to normal in the next couple of days.

I've over 80 hours now and only got a single win in 4 man squad mode to my name :pac:

Best i managed in solo was 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

madcabbage wrote: »
    Try and land in the airbase on the island south of the mainland if the opportunity arises. Decent gear there majority of the time.

Danger here is alot of people land in it. And you gotta be quick most of the time.
    A) gear up hulla fast.
    B) take out those around you or get taken out (or hide and hope no one sees you)
    c) 90% time the base tends to leave the play area on first shrink so you gotta be able to get out quick enough without getting killed on the way with all your phat loot.

It's a risk, but the phat loot areas always are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Advertisement