Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

Won two squad games yesterday. We kept moving house as the circle got smaller and ended up in the last house with guns pointed at the door. They didn't stand a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I seen a Custom game today that was 1st person only. Didn't manage to get in before it started but from the looks of the other custom games that were there (crossbow and sniper only, low levels of loot, frag heavy) this game is only just beginning to realise its full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mickeroo wrote: »

Best i managed in solo was 2nd.

I would have been spewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

:D

It is exceptionally satisfying :D

18055662_1396939760345473_3755968286570765344_o.jpg?oh=cdd82cb348030f346955f1b337c84cb6&oe=597FBF5D

4th is now my best. Not even sure where I got shot from. Think it was from behind but there shouldn't have been anyone there. This gaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

• Advertisement

Got my squad chicken dinner. Such a finish, on a hill with a small dip in the middle so we had cover. Me with an m249 suppressing a flank and two awm team mates shooting the other way. Some buzz. Haven't enjoyed a game like this for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Got 2nd last night without firing a single shot and spending more than 10mins in the outer circle dieing a slow death. Thank goodness for the energy drinks and medikits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

1.3gb update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

dunworth1 wrote: »
    1.3gb update

And only a few bug fixes :P NO UPDATE NEXT WEEK!

Think I'll not be playing until they add the FOV slider getting tired of physically moving my head around trying to see stuff on the ground and around corners :rolleyes:

I get high FPS in the lobby now, game seems smoother. Still looks like crap tho :D

We managed to get the AWM and an 8x scope, OMG that thing is insane.

• Advertisement

Game is completely broken for me now. The loadup time is longer, i fall through the floor of the lobby every time. When I press F nothing happens and I can no longer jump out of the plane and I was a good 30% of the server experiencing the same thing. About 30 players were forced to jump out over three small towns with 10 buildings...lot of mic rage aswell. Can no longer guide my parachute left or right, its just a staight line fall, which everyone else was doing aswell. More mic rage.

Can't open the doors because F.... get killed by a player punching me because he can't open doors either.

I exited and had to wait a full 10 minutes before it loaded. Nearly as bad as GTAV.

Shocking. 1.3GB of poison

Sound above and below you is a million times better now

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Game is completely broken for me now. The loadup time is longer, i fall through the floor of the lobby every time. When I press F nothing happens and I can no longer jump out of the plane and I was a good 30% of the server experiencing the same thing. About 30 players were forced to jump out over three small towns with 10 buildings...lot of mic rage aswell. Can no longer guide my parachute left or right, its just a staight line fall, which everyone else was doing aswell. More mic rage.

Can't open the doors because F.... get killed by a player punching me because he can't open doors either.

I exited and had to wait a full 10 minutes before it loaded. Nearly as bad as GTAV.

Shocking. 1.3GB of poison

Yikes. No issues here after the patch. Ran smoothly for multiple games.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Hopefully that fixes my issue. At least they're quick to notice a problem.

Edit: It did. Games works really well now.

What settings in game affect the ability to see other players?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Foliage should be on low always. View distance and textures would probably help if they're on high for spotting people. All depends on your rig really. I'm sure the other lads here can offer better advice than me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Think they changed foliage as I can't see a difference between low and ultra anymore. Turning shadows to low helps too

Maybe I just need more experience. I play with a mate and he's constantly like, there's a guy, there's a guy etc etc. and he always sees them first in the distance and I'm left squinting at the screen going wha? then I see them after 5 seconds. He seems to easily spot gun flashes as well.

• Advertisement

Maybe I just need more experience. I play with a mate and he's constantly like, there's a guy, there's a guy etc etc. and he always sees them first in the distance and I'm left squinting at the screen going wha? then I see them after 5 seconds. He seems to easily spot gun flashes as well.

Brightness can really affect things depending on what your shadow settings are. If you have a bright screen with Ultra shadows then you can see people moving around in buildings easier, sometimes you might see a shadow in one room with a window from a guy standing in the hallway. I would recommend keeping shadows on low because people lying prone behind trees or outside of buildings become harder to see if they have any kind of decent camo clothing.

View distance on Ultra, effects on low if you want more FPS or put on high to see muzzle flash better (its a trade off either way).

Foliage settings dont effect anything anymore. The games default foliage is always Ultra whether you select low or not.

Anti-Aliasing is something I've come to notice and love. I always play with it on Ultra because it makes the enemy outline more clearer at a distance. When I played with it on very low I could never spot someone at a very far distance because they looked like bushes or a tiny pixel that wouldn't really draw your attention, but with it on Ultra I can spot moving targets at longer distances with a lot more ease.

Everything else doesn't really affect much, just a few FPS here and there for better looking houses and rocks and such.

If your playing on a mid range PC then keep textures on low because at high settings any town or city will take longer to load leading to you getting shot waiting for the doors to pop in.

35 people left in the 2nd to last circle, it was fcuking epic carnage.

Came 3rd and never recorded it.

This game............

20170424181917_1.jpg

Had a great game a couple of days ago that will honestly go down as a truly great gaming memory. I jumped into a random squad match. One of our team was AFK from the start so he was dead in 5 minutes of the gas coming in. The other guy had to go for some reason but he was kind enough to drop his guns and gear for us.

Basically we both turned into Rambo for 2 short periods then turned into ninjas for the rest. Both of us took out 2 seperate squads on our own. My 4 kills came in the first 5 minutes when clearing a house with a vector not taking much damage at all and his 4 kills come from 3 frags randomly chucked into the school gym windows. It looked like something from the Olympics Shotputt event.

2 of the squad just rage quit there and then. I don't blame them either.

By then we were in the top 15 and managed to avoid most people until the above picture. With circle perfectly placed for us to sit behind the galvanise in front of houses where the last squad were too scared to move and were slowly getting killed by the playzone and my team mates random fire.

I forgot to do the obvious thing and look behind for any stragglers coming from the gas. He got the drop on us long before we knew what happened. Handed him the game ourselves.

A lot of adrenaline, a lot of heartache and disappointment at the end and easily some of the greatest moments I've had in online gaming. My team mate wasn't a dick either which is refreshing. No 12 year olds on PUBG.

Just found a way to decrease the lag and perfomance issues. Launch PUBG and then go to task manager, find the tsl process running for PUBG then right click and set running priority to high. If you are using windows 10 then you might have to click into open location before you get to adjust the main process.

Just knocked up my FPS by 10 and I don't get anymore stuttering or near crashes anymore. The default priority is medium which needs to be changed to high ASAP because the game will take up over 70% memory and CPU usage on any computer while running and having the computer only prioritise 70% of its workload as medium priority is honestly a waste of resources.

Let me know if it works any better for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭circadian

Came 16th in my first match, came 3rd in a squad match. K/D is currently sitting at 2.8 but I doubt that's going to last long. Great fun and the rush is crazy when near the end of a match!

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

circadian wrote: »
    Came 16th in my first match, came 3rd in a squad match. K/D is currently sitting at 2.8 but I doubt that's going to last long. Great fun and the rush is crazy when near the end of a match!

K/D shouldn't get too bad, you can only die once per game so unless you're going through endless games with no kills you'll be fine.

Just found a way to decrease the lag and perfomance issues. Launch PUBG and then go to task manager, find the tsl process running for PUBG then right click and set running priority to high. If you are using windows 10 then you might have to click into open location before you get to adjust the main process.

Just knocked up my FPS by 10 and I don't get anymore stuttering or near crashes anymore. The default priority is medium which needs to be changed to high ASAP because the game will take up over 70% memory and CPU usage on any computer while running and having the computer only prioritise 70% of its workload as medium priority is honestly a waste of resources.

I used this launch command and I feel like it smoothed it out a touch. Dunno if it was just placebo or not. Game runs relatively ok on my system anyway. -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Nice one man. Haven't been able to play after the last 2 updates because of the stutter every 10 - 20 secs. I kept losing any close battles due to it so had to just stop playing. Just had a two games there without any stutter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got a newer but still old gfx card and not more fps lagging issues yay, went from 10-30 to 40-70. Generally being 50-60.

My best friend doesn't really play games at all, but she just won a solo on my PC after the upgrade, was so proud watching her. And she did it with an UMP!

• Advertisement

Got a newer but still old gfx card and not more fps lagging issues yay, went from 10-30 to 40-70. Generally being 50-60.

My best friend doesn't really play games at all, but she just won a solo on my PC after the upgrade, was so proud watching her. And she did it with an UMP!

Ah here I give up, I have 80 hours on it and still haven't won a solo game. Sickening. Here, have a VERY reluctant thanks and make sure to pass it onto your female hacker friend :pac:

If anyone gets the chance to get into a first person only custom match then jump in straight away! It's A LOT more tactical and fun. I got to the last 8 and it was on a hillside with trees rocks and a couple of buildings at the bottom.

I had to lay down and crawl to get to the next circle without being spotted, I crawled right by a guy who was getting shot at and he never even noticed me and it was the same with the guy who was shooting at him. I just crawled right past the tree the other guy was crouched behind and let them fight it out. I was laughing so much that I forgot the mic wasn't muted and my voice channel was set to all. He managed to find me after killing the other guy but only because of the chuckling voice coming from the ridge line behind him.

First Person Only has a very weird open world Rainbow Six feel to it. Especially when clearing a town and leaning left or right to get a better look through windows. I can't wait for them to make it its own game mode,it's going to make the game a lot better.

Advertisement