Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

Don't be shy of changing where you are going depending on who you see is around you when falling.

To practice your skills at the start you should go to high density areas and die a lot.

I don't like doing this. Well maybe its fine in solo, but in squad games, you can find half your squad separated in poor loot spots if you don't stick to your initial target. You can be 5 mins in with terrible loot and you'll be a in poor position when you eventually do find a fight. Better off taking an early fight and restarting if it goes wrong imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It depends, if there are 3 squads going to the school with you (most the time it's not going to go well), vs going to a town with 3 squads is very different and you should contest.

In solo it's a no brainer than being on your own wins you games easier. No matter where I go I will end up with level 2 gear plus AR's with some kind of scope, all I need then is to kill like one guy to get other stuff, as by the time I do they have a few guys worth of gear on them. Also nothing sweeter than 1 shotgunning somebody with tier 3 everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It depends, if there are 3 squads going to the school with you (most the time it's not going to go well), vs going to a town with 3 squads is very different and you should contest.

In solo it's a no brainer than being on your own wins you games easier. No matter where I go I will end up with level 2 gear plus AR's with some kind of scope, all I need then is to kill like one guy to get other stuff, as by the time I do they have a few guys worth of gear on them. Also nothing sweeter than 1 shotgunning somebody with tier 3 everything.

land on the roof, pray for shotguns! hold the doors and you can drop enemy teams

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I played a game last night where 12 people landed on the roof lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I played a game last night where 12 people landed on the roof lol.

if you can hit 236 or so you get a little extra boost down and land first. We love the school, gives a bit of action if you win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've found the loot in the school is generally not great though.

It's not worth it for how many people go there but it is a "high loot" area, here is a good map:

vjvk9oW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

If you join a lobby before the countdown starts you can go to the main building on the island and open all the doors before the match starts.

Then drop as close to the island on the top right of the map as you can and find a boat along the coastline. By the time you get to the lobby island on the boat you should have atleast 3-4 minutes for looting in the main building which goes quicker because you have already opened all the doors. The entire island is a high loot spawn and no one goes there so you can loot in peace. You'll find a Kar and high magnification scopes easily along with meds and ammo. Jump back on the boat and re-join the main island. It is the safest option because you will see anyone else trying to get there by boat and even if you get caught in the force field you will have plenty of high quality meds to heal once your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

absolutely loving this game.. need a few to squad up with though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

absolutely loving this game.. need a few to squad up with though
    Join the discord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've joined the discord too.
    Hopefully will be on tonight to try out the duo's and squad games.
    Need to make sure my headset works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It's not worth it for how many people go there but it is a "high loot" area, here is a good map:

vjvk9oW.jpg

Thats great!

I've joined the discord too.
    Hopefully will be on tonight to try out the duo's and squad games.
    Need to make sure my headset works though.

whats the link for discord,ill be on later too.

bigphil2 wrote: »
    whats the link for discord,ill be on later too.

Try this:
    https://discord.gg/vdjFgH

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Played a game of squad today. One player went rogue and ran over the other two team mates with a bike. I was far away and didn't see them die, only from "falling" on the kill feed. Me being the helpful idiot that I am, rush to try and revive them while the other guy was speeding away.

Then he comes back and runs me over and kills the guy I'm reviving. He gets out and comes over to me as I'm knocked out and starts switching between weapons while I give him abuse. He goes for the grenade and stands right over me, I tell him he's going to kill himself by standing so close with a grenade so he realises I'm right, takes the advice and then switches to another weapon. The molotov.

Jumping up and down taunting me in the only way he could do without wanting to use a mic he lights the molotov and teases me by not throwing it. I know what's coming, he clearly doesn't. The molotov has the exact same timer that a grenade does so it explodes in his hand killing both of us. His trolling attempt clearly fails as his silent mic then blurts out "FCUK!" and I can't help but fall into hysterics.

Exit out only to check the recording and just realised I never pressed the record button :o

That would have been a great PUBG Youtube moment if I wasn't so stupid.

Got my highest rank so far last night, 2nd with no kills,should have went 1st person when it was down to 2,misheard his first shot,turned the wrong way and he opened up on me...

Then i hit the printscreen button instead of f12 so i dont even have a screenshot :(

one annoying thing about playing squad of 2 or 4 is the amount of dickheads playing... few times been in a squad looted like a champ only for some moron on the team to kill me or mow the squad out of it and then have the choice of the loot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm going to pick this up hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Gonna wait for the Steam Summer Sale and see if it's in it. I think a few of yiz are on my Steam list already.

• Advertisement

Loving the game so far. I tried ARMA 2 before but couldn't get my head around the controls. This is a lot better from a control perspective and the game type is really addictive.

Played my first squad games last night with randomers.
    First game was 2 Germans and some lad not on mic. We finished 4th and that was without any explicit plan. Everyone was fairly quiet on the mics and . We just shouted out the direction and no. of enemies when seen.
    The second game was with 2 English lads and another guy who didn't jump with us and promptly disconnected.
    The English lads were very good and we methodically went through a few small towns until we got ambushed trying to get a care package.

It's a completely different game to the solo game. Think I prefer the solo game for now as I'm still getting to grips with everything.

I'm "FrJohnHoop" on Steam & discord. Should be on to try a few more squad games tonight.

Loving the game so far. I tried ARMA 2 before but couldn't get my head around the controls. This is a lot better from a control perspective and the game type is really addictive.

Played my first squad games last night with randomers.
    First game was 2 Germans and some lad not on mic. We finished 4th and that was without any explicit plan. Everyone was fairly quiet on the mics and . We just shouted out the direction and no. of enemies when seen.
    The second game was with 2 English lads and another guy who didn't jump with us and promptly disconnected.
    The English lads were very good and we methodically went through a few small towns until we got ambushed trying to get a care package.

It's a completely different game to the solo game. Think I prefer the solo game for now as I'm still getting to grips with everything.

I'm "FrJohnHoop" on Steam & discord. Should be on to try a few more squad games tonight.
    added you there

what do you think of the megalodon headset?

added you there

what do you think of the megalodon headset?

It's grand in terms of sound quality. Think the 7.1 it boasts is a bit of nonsense as I had a creative headset before (around the time of Battlefield BC 2) and I didn't get any noticeable bump in situational awareness from it.

It could be how it's implemented in PUBG but I can clearly tell where footsteps are coming from.

Not sure how good the Mic is, you'll find out later I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Amazing game, really loving the crate idea as well. Got a proper go of the awm last night and my god it puts people away...

Finding Squad a bit of a pain in the arse at times, but much better with discord

Discord names NotoriousMIC, might see ye around

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally played with one of my friends in pairs. Was way better crack then solo. Didnt do well, but it is so much fun when you cover each other and make plans on the spot to flank and fish out some asshole that is dug in.

Then had a few solo games which went terrible, but last one I managed to get to 5th place with 5 kills too. Was really fun and scary. Circle was freaking tiny and there were still 5 of us. So got bombarded from all sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Long jumped to Rozhok as the plane sailed off to the other side of the map. Appeared to have the town to myself and was fully kitted out. M16, scope, Kar, vest, helmet, meds etc etc. Raided every house. Even found one of the single person motorbikes to zip off to a camping spot in mid circle. Took a ridge too fast on the bike and died from falling off.

._.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Don't play team games if ya don't have friends to play with. Randomers cannot be trusted!! :pac:

Pter wrote: »
    Long jumped to Rozhok as the plane sailed off to the other side of the map. Appeared to have the town to myself and was fully kitted out. M16, scope, Kar, vest, helmet, meds etc etc. Raided every house. Even found one of the single person motorbikes to zip off to a camping spot in mid circle. Took a ridge too fast on the bike and died from falling off.

._.

Classic Battlegrounds.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PotatoMaster

Used a ghillie suit for the first time, Managed to easily pick people off with a flash hider on a kar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

was watching "BreaK" playing on twitch at the weekend. hes well worth checking out. dont think ive seen anyone else play like him - he stays out of the circle for so long. always lands in novo & loots forever. joins the circle when hes got what he wants

Advertisement