Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

weird game,
    when I first bought it, I won my 3rd game (probably due to playing h1z1 so much)
    ever since then I've finished top 10s but never first, everyone is getting better -.- haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely free, I would hope the game would have more than one map in its finished state.

I thought that with their desire to add mod support later on, that it would essentially make the single map an entirely new canvass for modders to work on. Like with what happened to Skyrim once people got their hands on the mod tools, they completely remade the map to resemble morrowind.

Some guy on the PUBG forums (I'm sure he was an admin) has already stated his desire to turn the military base island into a prison resembling Alcatraz. He had some modding experience with Fallout and Skyrim as well so I wouldn't have been surprised if the Devs just decided to leave it at one map with full mod tools available.

Edit:

I managed to pull one of these off, i couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Finally decided to take the plunge and get this tonight. I managed 11th with one kill in my first game. Then died straight away in the second. Then 7th with 3 kills in the third game. I fecked up by following this guy over a hill and trying to sneak up on him and take him out with a silenced pistol, but I must have made a sound because he turned to face me and I jumped behind a tree. We exchanged fire a few times but he got the better of me.

It's a bloody tense game, but tons of fun! I was mainly finding myself put off by reports of poor performance but I found it grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Think I encountered my first cheater yesterday. It was pretty annoying. Gonna start recording my games to report them in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

I've noticed people just getting molotovs out of nowhere in the pre-game lobby. Any idea how they're doing that?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

circadian wrote: »
    I've noticed people just getting molotovs out of nowhere in the pre-game lobby. Any idea how they're doing that?

There's loads of stuff around the place in the lobby. The tables all have guns, melee weapons and grenades on them.

There's loads of stuff around the place in the lobby. The tables all have guns, melee weapons and grenades on them.

Yeah but these folks aren't even running off from spawn, it's always molotovs so yeah they could be on the ground or something.

Was in a Duo last night, got down to the last 6 and was chatting away to my Dutch buddy. He gets killed and rage quits and doesn't even tell me anything! Made it to the last 3 but if he'd have even told me where the shots came from we could have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

There are cheaters spawning with stuff at the start. Best to screenshot them and report it. I really hope they stay on top of this stuff. It can really destroy a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Yeah but these folks aren't even running off from spawn, it's always molotovs so yeah they could be on the ground or something.

Was in a Duo last night, got down to the last 6 and was chatting away to my Dutch buddy. He gets killed and rage quits and doesn't even tell me anything! Made it to the last 3 but if he'd have even told me where the shots came from we could have won it.

http://support.enmasse.com/playerunknown-s-battlegrounds

You might have to sign up first before making a ticket but that's the quickest official way to report players. Make sure you screenshot them first.

Arg, fourth and fifth games I managed to finish 11th and 7th again! Can't get past 7th though, died outside the playzone this time when I got caught in a firefight. :( What a game though! I don't think there's a shooter out there where it's more satisfying to make a kill.

• Advertisement

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER F*CK YEAH!!! :D:D

417451.jpg

Absolutely fecking thrilled. Not bad for day 2 if I do say so myself.

*Pats self on back smugly*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gameplay
    Reduced the moving speed of the two final play zones for better engagement during the endgame

Oh look they are fixing something i said was broke that a few people in here moaned/flamed me for highlighting :rolleyes:

Full up coming patch notes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

nix wrote: »
    Oh look they are fixing something i said was broke that a few people in here moaned/flamed me for highlighting :rolleyes:

Gold-Combo-Well-Done-Medal-with-Red-White-Blue-Ribbon-45mm-1.75-300x300.jpg

Got my first chicken dinner at the weekend with 1 kill. The whole night I was going on 7/8 kill streaks but picking your battles really does pay off.

Got my first chicken dinner at the weekend with 1 kill. The whole night I was going on 7/8 kill streaks but picking your battles really does pay off.

Yeah definitely. In my highest finishes I've always had one or two players that I've had a shot on and let them go. Unless they've seen me, or they're blocking me from moving in time for the circle I'm unlikely to take a shot.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO the secret to getting far is to shoot as little as possible. Unless it's unavoidable or a guaranteed kill I keep quiet.

Unless you have a suppressor, in which case you can take a few more pot shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it is just too tempting when you get down to the low figures and you have them in your sights :)

nix wrote: »

Most notable thing for me is that no car spawns are 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Is there a boards squad type thing going for the game?

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Is there a boards squad type thing going for the game?

We have a discord group: https://discordapp.com/invite/3JgKWhJ

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thanks man! Will see who is around later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Skerries wrote: »
    it is just too tempting when you get down to the low figures and you have them in your sights :)

I've med kits, energy drinks and painkillers galore, 5 different types of scopes, enough ammo for the apocylpse but... They might have something shiny....

I've med kits, energy drinks and painkillers galore, 5 different types of scopes, enough ammo for the apocylpse but... They might have something shiny....

I have a few mates that squad with me on occasion. Loot goblins the lot of them! 15 people left and in the final circles is not the time to be looting bodies when you've got everything you need.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have a few mates that squad with me on occasion. Loot goblins the lot of them! 15 people left and in the final circles is not the time to be looting bodies when you've got everything you need.

Even going for a crate after the first circle or two is usually suicide, play with a lad who can't help himself though. I'd say I can count on one hand the amount of times going to loot a crate hasn't resulted in an ambush.

Even going for a crate after the first circle or two is usually suicide, play with a lad who can't help himself though. I'd say I can count on one hand the amount of times going to loot a crate hasn't resulted in an ambush.

I haven't played with itchy in a while :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

:D

Two things are guaranteed:

1. He is like a magpie around loot
    2. He can't just let another player walk past or drive past in the distance without shooting at them.

They're not called crates anymore, they're Kerryman's Kryptonite

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Had first proper squad run with a few mates last night.. these are guys i used to play a LAN's with 10+ years ago (think BF2 era) and they are all getting this game,that goes to show how much of a gamechanger this is.. the amount of guys that are not usually into mp shooters due to FPS fatigue ,now returning to the genre..

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Had first proper squad run with a few mates last night.. these are guys i used to play a LAN's with 10+ years ago (think BF2 era) and they are all getting this game,that goes to show how much of a gamechanger this is.. the amount of guys that are not usually into mp shooters due to FPS fatigue ,now returning to the genre..

It's a very socialable game and skill gap isn't nearly as prevalent. I'm playing with friends who I used to play counter-strike with but we couldn't anymore due to our ranks drifting too far apart.

Advertisement