Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I feel the patch has definitely improved aiming for me. Bullets seem to be going where I expect them to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I feel the patch has definitely improved aiming for me. Bullets seem to be going where I expect them to now.

It's terrible having a download limit when playing games using Unreal Engine 4 :(

Going to have to wait a few days before playing. Good to hear that it's sorted some FPS and gun balancing problems out. Did you get the chance to play with the VSS yet? About time they put a gun with a silencer already attached, can never seem to find a silencer in all my hours of looting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    It's terrible having a download limit when playing games using Unreal Engine 4 :(

Going to have to wait a few days before playing. Good to hear that it's sorted some FPS and gun balancing problems out. Did you get the chance to play with the VSS yet? About time they put a gun with a silencer already attached, can never seem to find a silencer in all my hours of looting :o

Sucks to be you. Although I have gotten to two carepackages today (tommy gun and AWM) and I normally avoid them unless they fall right at my feet so I reckon it'll be some time before I see a VSS.

Sniping however feels much better to me anyway or at least I was killing moving targets more easily at medium range. Doesn't seem to be that feeling of randomness in landing shots.

In regards to FPS I didn't really notice much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

Got a VSS last night in the military base, don't think it came from a drop or was dropped by someone. It's good but if I had an M4 with all attachments and silencer I'd prefer that.

There is a pointer to the center of the circle now on the minimap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There is a pointer to the center of the circle now on the minimap

That's a sensible little addition.

I've tried to throw a frag grenade about 4 or 5 times at this stage and each and every time I have killed myself.

This time around there were 13 left. I was well geared and in a good position. I threw a grenade into a room where I knew there was an injured guy. I exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This time around there were 13 left. I was well geared and in a good position. I threw a grenade into a room where I knew there was an injured guy. I exploded.

Snap!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

About damn time! Silenced ak/kar combo.

tbUfSGu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've tried to throw a frag grenade about 4 or 5 times at this stage and each and every time I have killed myself.

Grenades are total suicide in this game. Made a firm decision to just never use them again.
    About damn time! Silenced ak/kar combo.

I tried the Kar a few times and decided the rate of fire was too low to be viable. Put the same scope on any of the assault rifles and you'll do better was my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You just use them for different situations, generally far away you may not get a chance to shoot somebody a few times and the kar98 is very good for one hit kills (you see somebody sitting still at a tree you whip out the kar and instantly kill them) or https://streamable.com/1s0k3 , the AR will still be the gun you use most often. Generally the kar will kill a level 2 helmet person in one hit because a first aid + red bull gives 98 health and it does 99 damage.

Handy damage chart, may have changed:

2ae72b49593bdb8a8b620b0d98c18c0f.png

I should mention that there is damage dropoff for a lot of the ARS too over distance. So they do less damage than in the chart and can take 6 or 7 hits to kill to the body.

I guess when it rains it pours, my second win and first solo win. Two out of three games won after losing rather a lot.

kKx9UJm.jpg

This one was great as I saw nobody all game until the circle closed near the gun range with about 20 left. Friends were listening on teamspeak so I was commentating the match.

That area is all hill and rocks and grass, so it was sniper crazy. Played it cool and didn't take shots if I thought people would be able to take advantage of me, a guy was on my right with an AWM and had been nailing me. Down around 10 left I started shooting and got three 1 hit kills with the kar98 and an 8x, including AWM dude.

One guy had shot me down to about 5 hp and I healed behind a rock, he tried to flank me crawling but I knew what direction he was going, as the circle closed I stood up and walked with it, scoping where he would appear and hit the shot (really start having to use shift to steady aim though, I forget).

I had only taken three shots all game and there was three people dead, felt good.

After that it was hide and seek crawling through the grass in a 1v1, threw a few nades and then it was the final tiny circle (so small you are like, how is there anybody else even here?!), we crawled right into each other in a smoke, could feel my heart racing like mad as I started autoing what I thought was his head but my gun was just shooting the ground in front of me, due to the weird angles in this game (bullets shoot from the gun, not your eyeline like in other games). I stood up and got him from just a few feet away. You can see all the bullet holes in the ground in my screenshot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

servers down?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played a lot of arma 3 exile and Rust. Finally bought this due to pressure from the lads. Hadn't had chance to okay in squad yet, but did a few solo runs.
    My pc is old and I got 3440x1440 monitor, but I set everything on high with AA very low and manage to get consistent 40-50fps. Good enough and very playable.
    Game itself is okay, but I am not sure if I am a fan off this king of the hill type games. They are way better suited for people like me who have very limited time to drop in and drop out, but I miss permanent mark on world that I would have in Arma or Rust.
    Other then that it feels very solid. Guns and sounds are great. When you hit someone, it feels you hit then, not tickled them.

When I have days off ill give it more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Played a lot of arma 3 exile and Rust. Finally bought this due to pressure from the lads. Hadn't had chance to okay in squad yet, but did a few solo runs.
    My pc is old and I got 3440x1440 monitor, but I set everything on high with AA very low and manage to get consistent 40-50fps. Good enough and very playable.
    Game itself is okay, but I am not sure if I am a fan off this king of the hill type games. They are way better suited for people like me who have very limited time to drop in and drop out, but I miss permanent mark on world that I would have in Arma or Rust.
    Other then that it feels very solid. Guns and sounds are great. When you hit someone, it feels you hit then, not tickled them.

Don't worry, this game will become it's own story simulator the more you play it. Played a lot of Battlefield and other shooters before this. Even when I would finish a game of BF1 with an insanse score of 50-2 or 40-0 I would never remember what I actually did to achieve that score step by step. It would just all be a blur in time until the end of the match where I would pat myself on the back and then go on to do it all over again with no emotional pay off.

This game is the opposite of that. I can still remember games I had like 2 weeks ago where I only got 2 kills and came 5th, just because of the panic and tension and joy of looting a supply crate while being sniped at by 3 seperate people. I can't, for the life of me, remember any specific BF or COD games where I lost and remembered having fun or feeling scared of being shot. Just wait until you get shot in the arse in this game with a frying pan to protect ya :P

Your heart races in this game like no other, the games are unforgettable sometimes.

You can be having the game of your life, fully sure that you're about to win. Then the circle pushes you and you move to the next tree, hear the slightest rustle of grass and a bang and it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jamiekelly wrote: »

Don't worry, this game will become it's own story simulator the more you play it. Played a lot of Battlefield and other shooters before this. Even when I would finish a game of BF1 with an insanse score of 50-2 or 40-0 I would never remember what I actually did to achieve that score step by step. It would just all be a blur in time until the end of the match where I would pat myself on the back and then go on to do it all over again with no emotional pay off.

This game is the opposite of that. I can still remember games I had like 2 weeks ago where I only got 2 kills and came 5th, just because of the panic and tension and joy of looting a supply crate while being sniped at by 3 seperate people. I can't, for the life of me, remember any specific BF or COD games where I lost and remembered having fun or feeling scared of being shot. Just wait until you get shot in the arse in this game with a frying pan to protect ya :P
    You see, I am not new to this. The **** we did in Rust and arma exile, had me shaking with adrenaline pumping out of my nose. I had some redeculious situations, which became my greatest moments of my gaming history.
    Haven't had that in this game yet, but I am sure I will.

As,for bf and cod stuff. I gave up on cod ages ago and tried playing bf4 few weeks ago. It got deleted after 15min. I am old and dpnt have reflexes and patient for that **** anymore. Got sick of all 7 year olds tea bagging me and having sex with my mom. I only play these games, where sneakiness and brain gets you to win.

Whoops, I didn't notice my sickle was hitting him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudAgileOctopusBibleThump

• Advertisement

His channel is very good for PUBG vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've only played this for a few days (only solo games so far), but when is the best time to jump outta the airplane?
    I see a huge amount of people jump at the start, and then a trickle after that.

Depends on the approach of the plane over areas with high loot spawn. Generally, i try and jump at any time i am unlikely to have company - gives me a chance to grab some gear uninterrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Used to go for the Military Base, now I usually drop into Rhozhok, grab the Dacia and go for Georgopol depending on time. Seems to work out quite well for me the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I've only played this for a few days (only solo games so far), but when is the best time to jump outta the airplane?
    I usually wait to see where the plane is flying over,wait for a load of poeple to jump then just reandomly pick a group of buildings away from the plane,sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesnt..
    nearly a different spot everytime though

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I usually wait to see where the plane is flying over,wait for a load of poeple to jump then just reandomly pick a group of buildings away from the plane,sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesnt..
    nearly a different spot everytime though

Ya, that's how I'm doing it too. Most games I've had enough time to tool up.
    Need to work on my engagements though as I'm rarely winning the 1v1's.

I've yet to find a reliable method since everyone in the plane is thinking the same thing as you.

Sometimes I go to obvious crowded spot (school) in the hope of a fight only to find myself alone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's a bit of a lottery, I prefer dropping somewhere I'm likely to get a vehicle and then head to a spot as far away from the flight path as possible. Sometimes even that doesn't work out though as you occasionally have people with the same idea.

Don't be shy of changing where you are going depending on who you see is around you when falling.

To practice your skills at the start you should go to high density areas and die a lot.

• Advertisement

Cheers. I think I rush myself into getting any old gun.
    I probably have more time than i think before the blue circle even gets to the island.

Advertisement