Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

When Fortnite released for free and multiplatform, Bluehole got FOMO and just released a blatant cash grab. Xbox version is dreadful..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's business sense guys, can't fault them for it.

They know when cod and BF come out with their BR games, it's game over. Milk your cos for all it's got. And why not. I've definitely got more than my money's worth at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's business sense guys, can't fault them for it.

They know when cod and BF come out with their BR games, it's game over. Milk your cos for all it's got. And why not. I've definitely got more than my money's worth at this stage.

I think CoD has the most to loss in this game. I wonder how well the engine will handle 100 players and a open world, considering it has not been tested like this and is still based on Quake 3 Arena tech running underneath.

Battlefield also has it's own brand of game that is very popular but I can see CoD being replaced by the BR genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

If pubg can sort out their performance issues, I don't think they'll have to worry too much about COD or BF. I think they would also benefit from switching to a free to play model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"The ballistic shield is a new tool for setting up cover points for when you’re in otherwise exposed territory. It can be used simultaneously with sidearms, smgs, melee weapons, and throwable grenades.

The shield takes a primary weapon slot, and is especially powerful in squad-based combat. Shield-bearers can act as the vanguard for their team, pushing forward under cover while their teammates safely attack and move forward into better positions.

The ballistic shield will first be introduced in War Mode for PC and Xbox later this year."

Sounds interesting.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "The ballistic shield is a new tool for setting up cover points for when you’re in otherwise exposed territory. It can be used simultaneously with sidearms, smgs, melee weapons, and throwable grenades.

The shield takes a primary weapon slot, and is especially powerful in squad-based combat. Shield-bearers can act as the vanguard for their team, pushing forward under cover while their teammates safely attack and move forward into better positions.

The ballistic shield will first be introduced in War Mode for PC and Xbox later this year."

Sounds interesting.

Shield + smg = OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think CoD has the most to loss in this game. I wonder how well the engine will handle 100 players and a open world, considering it has not been tested like this and is still based on Quake 3 Arena tech running underneath.

Battlefield also has it's own brand of game that is very popular but I can see CoD being replaced by the BR genre.

It'll be fine. Cod: WW2 was even less hardware itensive than Infinite Warfare, and runs really well even on modest/lower end hardware despite looking the same/better.

The whole 'based on Quake 3' thing is totally overblown since literally Modern Warfare 2 ten years ago, tons of game engines function in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It'll be fine. Cod: WW2 was even less hardware itensive than Infinite Warfare, and runs really well even on modest/lower end hardware despite looking the same/better.

It also has a player count of what 16? In fairness they are legitimate potential issues, a CoD title has never had more than 32 players officially, save for mods for CoD2/4 that ran pretty terribly.

It is essentially the same base engine as CoD1 too, but that's fine, the engine doesn't have much requirements bar shooting and running, but we might see the deficiencies in a more open world game. Vehicles I've always found handle very on rails, it'll be interesting to see them in a large scale game.

Anyways, I've no interest really, it's going to be BLOPS4 gameplay in BR. No thanks. Series died a decade ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Map selection has been taken out again. It’s now a choice of battle royale (erangel + miramar) and mini royale (sanhok). Rocks for brains at Bluehole, the one thing people were calling for for ages and then they take it away again.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Map selection has been taken out again. It’s now a choice of battle royale (erangel + miramar) and mini royale (sanhok). Rocks for brains at Bluehole, the one thing people were calling for for ages and then they take it away again.

Yeah its so annoying, miramar is a dog**** mess of a map, they should just take it out of the rotation and make improvements, instead of making people play the woeful map.

Back to exiting and requeuing everytime i see sand :(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

They saw the drop in players in miramar.. Shame really.. That map needs improvements for vehicles or even just trying to make it into the circle on foot..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

gazzamc wrote: »
    They saw the drop in players in miramar.. Shame really.. That map needs improvements for vehicles or even just trying to make it into the circle on foot..

It’s a pity as you can can have some great squad battles in it. I hated it at the start but I find I enjoy squads on it. Needs more hills or valleys though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing for the 1st time in months and tbh if they had consistent vehicles spawns on Miramar it wouldnt be so bad.

Not exact spots but within the area the type.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just got the game and have been playing with friends and it's honestly the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time, but only because I have 3 friends on Discord and it'd suck without that.

They're adding an event pass with daily, weekly and map specific missions that can be completed to unlock items and also a chance to change your name https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3077529898698894565

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Squaredude wrote: »
    They're adding an event pass with daily, weekly and map specific missions that can be completed to unlock items and also a chance to change your name https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3077529898698894565

And they are suing Fortnite.

They are literally ripping the piss now :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    And they are suing Fortnite.

They are literally ripping the piss now :D

Well the event/battle pass isn't really a unique idea. I think one of the reasons for suing Fornite was the use of pubg in their promoting of the upcoming Fortnite battle royale mode

Squaredude wrote: »
    Well the event/battle pass isn't really a unique idea. I think one of the reasons for suing Fornite was the use of pubg in their promoting of the upcoming Fortnite battle royale mode

What battle royal mode? without building?

nix wrote: »
    What battle royal mode? without building?

Sorry what I meant was the use of pubg in the run-up to the release of Fortnite battle royale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Shiminay wrote: »
    I just got the game and have been playing with friends and it's honestly the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time, but only because I have 3 friends on Discord and it'd suck without that.

Join the Unofficial Boards Discord

https://discord.gg/XGNpAv

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Join the Unofficial Boards Discord

https://discord.gg/XGNpAv

Its a bit of a ****e system though. I play with 3 mates once in a blue moon and a fourth asked about joining in next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

is there a new season coming as no stats updating today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Too late, tbh. They should have started this in December 2017 (when the game launched :pac: ) instead of producing an endless stream of monetisation options and micro-transaction based content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Too late for who? The game is still massive. Cod looks terrible so far. Can't see it having any shelf life.

I wish they would improve the sound in the game, it really is ****ing dire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Too late yet there was at peak over 1 million playing today? Good to see this but the game is in a decent state just now and hopefully they can build on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Too late yet there was at peak over 1 million playing today? Good to see this but the game is in a decent state just now and hopefully they can build on it.

the problem is they had the whole ****ing market and ignored complaints until fortnight took the market, oh now ye will improve on the complaints people have been making for nearly two years? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the problem is they had the whole ****ing market and ignored complaints until fortnight took the market, oh now ye will improve on the complaints people have been making for nearly two years? thanks

in fairness the board have been on a coke and hookers binge for the past year with all hundreds of millions they brought in..its only now that they've come up for a breather that they've realised how much more money they have lost out on.
    I would absolutely love to know how much Greene got for it and does he look back and think "**** it...i should be filthy rich and having coke and hooker parties like the bloody board are, instead I'm here dealing with this crap".
    then again he has been very quiet lately?

Advertisement