Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s the joys of early access.
    Besides look at EA. They’re giving away the dlc free for BF1 18 months after the game launched.
    What they could do is announce that in 30 or 60 days pubg will go free to play. It’s doubt anyone would complain then and if they did? Frak em, they’d be the first to complain they can’t get a game because there’s no one left to play it.

Agree but they would have to compensate the people who bought it with keys or paid crates or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Lukker- wrote: »
    Agree but they would have to compensate the people who bought it with keys or paid crates or something

A few keys would be great. I've already made my money back selling clothes on the market place though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If they make this game free the hacking will become unstoppable. It'll actually ruin the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    If they make this game free the hacking will become unstoppable. It'll actually ruin the game.

All they have to do is stop selling **** on steam. Keep it all in game

Never going to happen.

It's such a massive market. Look at csgo. Full of cheats but people seem to be happy to continue playing it. Still makes them millions a week.

• Advertisement

Never going to happen.

It's such a massive market. Look at csgo. Full of cheats but people seem to be happy to continue playing it. Still makes them millions a week.

And that’s why within a year pubg will be just a memory.
    It’s lost 50% already of it’s player base to fortnite.
    Regardless of your thoughts about it Epic really was on the ball when it came to getting on the bandwagons.
    For a game set to fail completely and to turn it around because of pubg took some doing. The million dollar prizes didn’t hurt either plus they’re constantly updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Blazer wrote: »
    And that’s why within a year pubg will be just a memory.
    It’s lost 50% already of it’s player base to fortnite.
    Regardless of your thoughts about it Epic really was on the ball when it came to getting on the bandwagons.
    For a game set to fail completely and to turn it around because of pubg took some doing. The million dollar prizes didn’t hurt either plus they’re constantly updating it.

I agree. Generally speaking, Fortnite is the superior game in terms of optimisation, performance, content updates, reach, and numbers. But, its not for me. I want something more along the lines of a military simulator. Fortnite is a well supported game that doesn't feel like it is trying to get money from you with every second content update. PUBG is dying (it won't permanently go away), and its only a matter of time before bigger and better developers make their own Battle Royale further leeching users from BlueHole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Got a sweet grenade kill earlier, its 40 seconds in if the video loads at the start..

nix wrote: »
    Got a sweet grenade kill earlier, its 40 seconds in if the video loads at the start..

Obvious wallhack is obvious. Hope you were reported.

:pac:

Falthyron wrote: »
    Obvious wallhack is obvious. Hope you were reported.

haha nahhhh, i knew they were there, they killed my team mate just before, i escaped in there from the church which is where they were. I actually went on to win the game, which was nice :pac:

• Advertisement

Fortnite might have better content. But gameplay wise, it's absolutely ****e.

It's a building game. The gunplay is non existent.

Fortnite might have better content. But gameplay wise, it's absolutely ****e.

It's a building game. The gunplay is non existent.

True, but PUBG is a janky poor gunplay game. Seriously, play some CS:GO, DOOM, RAGE, Overwatch, Battlefield and you will get a sense as to how a shooter should feel and play. PUBG is painful to pick up after playing a quality shooter.

Oh, look! Another patch to 'fix' the game matched with more micro-transactions. They just can't help themselves, can they?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651012883668150641

Csgo a good gun game?

Jesus what have I been playing.

I think you're very harsh on pubg. As a farm coming from the ground up, it's pretty good. The gunplay is the best I've ever played.
    It's what keeps me coming back. The hit detection needs work, but there's flaws with every shooter game.

Csgo a good gun game?

Jesus what have I been playing.

I think you're very harsh on pubg. As a farm coming from the ground up, it's pretty good. The gunplay is the best I've ever played.
    It's what keeps me coming back. The hit detection needs work, but there's flaws with every shooter game.

It’s good but it’s no battlefield 2.
    How I long for those days again.

Bad company was my jam. Played over 2k hours if I remember correctly.

Bad company was my jam. Played over 2k hours if I remember correctly.

Oh yeah. BC2 was awesome, still a nice few servers playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Snow map coming this Winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Will still run at 12fps. Have given up on this game.

• Advertisement

Squaredude wrote: »

'Not representative of product on Xbox platform. Recorded on PC' :pac:

You'd be lucky to get it to run that smooth on PC, even with a 1080Ti :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I actually just rewatched that trailer looking for the text you quoted. I was happy out enjoying the E3 conference last night, but that trailer made me seriously angry. The game looks and plays nothing like that on XB1, and probably never will. Its outright false advertising.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there an RPG in that video at one point? Is that just some creative license or are we getting RPGs?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to get it to run that smooth on PC, even with a 1080Ti :pac:

I have a 1080Ti! I know! :pac:

Joke of a 'company'. As for false advertising, they will just come out and say: "This is our vision for the game. We endeavour to have it look like this for when it comes out of Early Access on Xbox". To which I would respond: "Look at their promises for the PC version of the game and see how far it has come. The game is already in decline on that platform, no chance in hell they will come anywhere close to achieving any of their main objectives on PC or Xbox."

awec wrote:
    Is there an RPG in that video at one point? Is that just some creative license or are we getting RPGs?

At 0:45? Good spot. Could be the flare gun I'd say.

The thing is, the PUBG devs were actually pumping out consistent updates and content when the ball first started rolling, it wasn't until they made the terrible decision to start pushing it to other platforms. They spread themselves thin and slowed progression dramatically, and the game has been suffering ever since.

****ing xbox :pac:

The best is at the end:

"Games play best on Xbox One".

PUBG is virtually unplayable on Xbone at the moment. Some games, I'm exiting the game and restarting it in the middle of the game, just to reduce the chances of getting a crash when it gets to the business end. This tactic seems to work, but it's a pain in the (Blue)hole.

nix wrote: »
    The thing is, the PUBG devs were actually pumping out consistent updates and content when the ball first started rolling, it wasn't until they made the terrible decision to start pushing it to other platforms. They spread themselves thin and slowed progression dramatically, and the game has been suffering ever since.

****ing xbox :pac:

completely separate team was hired for the xbox platform so it didn't take anything away..they just got lazy and greedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I get a pretty decent frame rate, it's the stuttering and lag that drives me crazy

Advertisement