Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Looking very forward to this. But won't get near it until the weekend!

I've seen some twitch clips and it looks like a map with a lot of potential.

Its a fantastic map. Streamers such as Shroud have said this is the map that could save Pubg from declining numbers.
    There are some great battles both in the towns etc and out in the snow.
    Tracking someone's footprints to ambush them really is fun. AS long as you don't walk into their ambush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some **** going down with the radar hack being banned, shockingly pro players are being banned.

This dude explains it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Blazer wrote: »
    Its a fantastic map. Streamers such as Shroud have said this is the map that could save Pubg from declining numbers.
    There are some great battles both in the towns etc and out in the snow.
    Tracking someone's footprints to ambush them really is fun. AS long as you don't walk into their ambush :)

Problem with PUBG isnt the maps it has on offer, its pretty much everything else, the constant rubber banding and terrible hit reg, its never been fixed. And the movement is still clunky and slow.

I stopped playing for a few months and came back to try out the new map, all that has changed since i last played was that they added more skins and **** to buy with real money. Still no major efforts to fix or improve the major issues with the game :(

Anyone have a link to a legitimate APK? It's not available on play store where I live.

I could play it on my laptop but a few of the lads do it on their phones and seem to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone have a link to a legitimate APK? It's not available on play store where I live.

I could play it on my laptop but a few of the lads do it on their phones and seem to enjoy it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tencent-games/pubgmobile/pubgmobile-0-10-0-release/pubg-mobile-0-10-0-android-apk-download/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Some **** going down with the radar hack being banned, shockingly pro players are being banned.

This dude explains it well.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, had a sneaking suspicion the radar one was going on even on live streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I was coming on to say I was playing today and didn't come accross a hacker and was surprising people all the time.
    Guess the ban wave mentioned above explains it. (Thats really cool :D )
    Funny, I was just posting about this game being riddled with hackers the other day and after a ban wave it becomes good for a day or two as most of the hackers are afraid to play in case they get caught also until their mini D!ck hacks are updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Only have it a few days. Managed 3 kills last night . Played way more aggressive than I normally do. Came 4th died to a fella with a sniper .

Some rush. On ps4 it's probably one of the best battle royal games for that rush. Even if it's a bit clunky

Is it playable on PS4? The Xbox version looked utterly broken.

Is it playable on PS4? The Xbox version looked utterly broken.

It's playing fine for me. Graphics are passable. But I enjoy it. I'm not experiencing lag . So far so good. Never played it in Xbox so can't compare.

I am playing on a pro tho which might help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

CptMackey wrote: »
    It's playing fine for me. Graphics are passable. But I enjoy it. I'm not experiencing lag . So far so good. Never played it in Xbox so can't compare.

I am playing on a pro tho which might help

Whats your gamer tag M?

Whats your gamer tag M?

Sent a pm there. Ps4 ya

Got this for the kid on PS4 normal and it seems to run okish, no massive issues like last years Xbone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got this for the kid on PS4 normal and it seems to run okish, no massive issues like last years Xbone.

That's because you're pretty much playing the Xbox version, don't think they made any optimisations for it at all. Digital Foundry looked at it when it released on PS4, the differences are extremely minor, given the base PS4s lead over base Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/FoilArmsAndHog/status/1078301279871553536

Foil Arms and Hog are about to start streaming PUBG for charity, class comedy act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im getting crazy lag at the moment like my internet is crap but it's not. Anyone know a fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Do you have the network stats including ping, etc. up on the top left of your screen? It allow you to see if the drops are intermittent or constant. Also the line of text at the very bottom will tell you if you are connected to an eu server or one further away.

Sanhok seems laggy as hell..no latency issues whatsoever..
    Vikendi on the other hand is perfect as well is Eragel.

Somebody posted this deadly link on reddit earlier that will auto clip anytime you kill or get killed by twitch streamers. Found a brilliant clip myself and the lads were in tonight :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/357921090?t=02h25m27s

Site:https://beta.pubg.report/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Somebody posted this deadly link on reddit earlier that will auto clip anytime you kill or get killed by twitch streamers. Found a brilliant clip myself and the lads were in tonight :D

Ye nailed those lads very nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

last patch has borked this game for me. Getting screen tear.. so turned back on v-sync. no screen tear.
    Now getting random fps/lag stutters. Only using cpu:55% and gpu:60%..
    le sigh

ewj1978 wrote: »
    last patch has borked this game for me. Getting screen tear.. so turned back on v-sync. no screen tear.
    Now getting random fps/lag stutters. Only using cpu:55% and gpu:60%..
    le sigh

Hasn't run better for me! Only problem I can think of is it launches in Windowed mode causing stutter, even tho people have it set to Fullscreen. Pressing ALT+Enter once or twice normally fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

looking at how smooth it runs on PC makes me sad when I think of how it plays on XB1. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

looking at how smooth it runs on PC makes me sad when I think of how it plays on XB1. :(

This reminds me of friends/family who visited ours over the xmas and wet themselves watching PC games in action on a high refresh rate monitor and high spec PC.
    Three of them avid gamers are doing everything possible to get in on PC gaming with one already looking at a build and ready to order from scan.

Funny thing is yeah these guys are big gamers but literally had no clue about what a PC is capable of, they firmly believed beforehand they were using the best gaming has to offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Is there any fix for the Speedfan issue.

I can play Insurgency no problem and Speedfan will do it`s thing, but not with PUBG, it always messes up the fan readings and a re-boot is the only fix to sort Speedfan out...

I bought the game shortly before Xmas and it’s been completely unplayable since day one no matter how many of the recommended fixes I try. I’ve reinstalled the game twice. How are steam allowing them to sell a product like this? I sent a ticket to get a full refund. Fûcking joke.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I bought the game shortly before Xmas and it’s been completely unplayable since day one no matter how many of the recommended fixes I try. I’ve reinstalled the game twice. How are steam allowing them to sell a product like this? I sent a ticket to get a full refund. Fûcking joke.

How is it unplayable?

Massive screen tear and lag, seemingly caused by constant packet loss and my ping spiking from about 40 up to like 500 every few seconds. It’s not my internet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

MadYaker wrote: »

Do you want to tell us anything about your system or give us any hint as to why you found it unplayable ? cause I know loads of people playing it without any issues .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

MadYaker wrote:
    Massive screen tear and lag, seemingly caused by constant packet loss and my ping spiking from about 40 up to like 500 every few seconds. It’s not my internet

Sounds like your system.

1800 hours later and I've never experienced anything like you say that wasn't my fault.

Advertisement