Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Ah - the doctor! I know of him but haven't ever watched.

Wacky Jacky on YouTube is as far as I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Ah - the doctor! I know of him but haven't ever watched.

Wacky Jacky on YouTube is as far as I go!

You only need 1 viewing! Same man that created the worst map in COD history. MW3 Downturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I like the Doc, he's a bit much at first but once you give him a chance he's pretty entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You only need 1 viewing! Same man that created the worst map in COD history. MW3 Downturn.

Ah thats not fair, majority of COD maps are woeful :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

nix wrote: »
    Ah thats not fair, majority of COD maps are woeful :P:pac:

Well, true. This one was particularly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

New Winter map on the test sever tonight and live Dec 19.
    You can track footprints of nearby enemies as well.
    Sounds awesome.

Winter map is pretty decent

Winter map is pretty decent

its damn awesome..snow ghillie suit and VSS is bloody sneaky as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

irishchris wrote: »
    When you first load the game it has an option to click anti cheat

This may be the mother of all dumb questions:

Is it cross platform?
    I'm playing on xbox, and dont see an option to disable cheat, which as far as i can make out is for PC? So am i playing chaps on PCs running cheat scripts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yes. Every player you face is cheating. Too bad for you.

It's not cross platform. Obviously.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yes. Every player you face is cheating. Too bad for you.

It's not cross platform. Obviously.

Nice one, thanks for that.
    Are you always this helpful?

Yes, actually. How would a game like ping work cross platform? It's a completely different skillset required. Gameplay is so much quicker on pc, you'd lose almost every fight.

It's ignorant to think all pc players cheat.

It's a completely different skillset required. Gameplay is so much quicker on pc, you'd lose almost every fight.

Tell that to Fortnite :p:pac:

Yes, actually. How would a game like ping work cross platform? It's a completely different skillset required. Gameplay is so much quicker on pc, you'd lose almost every fight.

Isn't fortnite cross platform..? Rocket League too? It's not that outrageous of a question.

Now you're embarrassing yourself.

I see Fortnite has been addressed.
    (Even Rocketleague)

And where did i say all PC players cheat? I asked is it possible i could be playing PC players running cheats, as its a bit trickier ( to run chests)on xbox, and there doesnt seem to be a disable cheat option as there is on PC.

Theres only one of us ignorant here laddie.
    I asked a simple enough question, you havent distinguished yourself really, have you?

Imagine if there was some type of website you could check to see if it was cross platform?

Fortnite isn't really comparable to pubg, other than it has guns. RL is completely different.
    They've nearly completely got rid of cheats on pc now. Reports are dealt with in a couple of days and you now get notified about reports.

Pubg cross platform would be great, easy kills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Imagine having the audacity to come on to a thread about a game and ask for information about that game, unbelievable!

Squaredude wrote: »
    Imagine having the audacity to come on to a thread about a game and ask for information about that game, unbelievable!

I know!
    Sorry about that, I've obviously discomoded some of the more "sensitive" members.

I'm mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Isn't fortnite cross platform..? Rocket League too? It's not that outrageous of a question.

Fortnite is so popular they strong armed Sony into it. Now the flood gates have been opened, more games will try to do it but I doubt Sony is going to make it easy for them.

They've nearly completely got rid of cheats on pc now.

What are you talking about? Theres always hacks out there and people using them, sadly, reporting only slows it down, and only works on people who use them so blatantly, sadly :(

• Advertisement

As someone with over 1800 hours, it's the best it's ever been. Every game like this has cheaters.
    Rarely see anything very obvious, and when I do I get a notification that they've been banned the next day.

isn't the whole cross platform thing in relation to Fortnite is that you can access your character across different consoles/mobile etc but you're not playing against people outside of your own platform you're currently playing the game on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Blazer wrote: »
    isn't the whole cross platform thing in relation to Fortnite is that you can access your character across different consoles/mobile etc but you're not playing against people outside of your own platform you're currently playing the game on.

No there's actual cross play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

As someone with over 1800 hours, it's the best it's ever been. Every game like this has cheaters.
    Rarely see anything very obvious, and when I do I get a notification that they've been banned the next day.
    It goes through in waves, they seem to ban loads in batches then the game is playable for a few days.
    After these few days are up, you can notice a complete difference and the game is ruined again. When you notice no one lying down in random places and camping places you know they've got their hacks again.
    Easiet way to see if they are hacking is when someone is beelining for you in a replay even though its not possible that they ever seen you and their crosshair is highlighting you constantly through multiple buildings and it flicks onto your body every few seconds.

When the little mini D!cks are caught, they just come back and start with a new account.
    The fact they ban 2 million people and its still a problem is nuts, Just goes to show how many feel the need to compensate for their lacking manhood.

Edit:
    I would love a mode for the game where you had to tie your real photo ID to it which would mean if your banned your gone for good from this mode.

Well for the past 2 seasons I've won more games than any other season. I've met a few hackers, but much less than before.

I'm not sure if I trust the replay system, seems fairly buggy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Well for the past 2 seasons I've won more games than any other season. I've met a few hackers, but much less than before.

I'm not sure if I trust the replay system, seems fairly buggy to me.
    They've resolved the bugs with the replay system and its pretty reliable now.
    I'm hoping with Pubg being banned in China recently this will have a positive affect on the game. (I didn't wish for the game to be censor in China but would have been better if they were just locked off from other regions).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Solo and duo are now available on the test server I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

15.8GB Vikendi update now up for main game. 8 hour server maintenance should be complete by 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like I’ll be getting back on the PUBG wagon so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Looking very forward to this. But won't get near it until the weekend!

I've seen some twitch clips and it looks like a map with a lot of potential.

Advertisement