Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

yeah, but the game, to put it mildly is in a sorry state on xbox, if they had the same team trying to cobble it together for ps4 as well, it'd be quite rightly lambasted. As much as I'm not a fan of fortnight, at least is seems relatively polished and optimised. plus, being free was always a major pull for kids too.

Is the deal not only a timed one?

That was my understanding of it. As Xbox has early access it launched there but will come to PS eventually on full release or a time there after.

If that the case id say they are already developing it for PS.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is the deal not only a timed one?

That was my understanding of it. As Xbox has early access it launched there but will come to PS eventually on full release or a time there after.

If that the case id say they are already developing it for PS.

Yeah pretty sure that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure that's the case.

It is. It's different with Sony, they don't really do Early Access so they are probably waiting till they have a more polished product on Xbox that they can than port over to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

urgh close range shotguns are ridiculous now..I laced into a guy with the tommy gun and he just casually turned around and one-shotted me with the saiga.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Blazer wrote: »
    urgh close range shotguns are ridiculous now..I laced into a guy with the tommy gun and he just casually turned around and one-shotted me with the saiga.

Shotguns should be ridiculous close range(0-30 metres), they should be the ultimate short range weapon with.
    SMG's should be better short to short medium(30-100 Metres).
    AR's medium (100-300).
    DMR long range (300-500).
    Snipers for everything else.

What the game evolved into was M416 fully loaded for 90% of firefights and a Kar98 or better if the target was static and not moving for the headshot kill on a L2 helmet.

• Advertisement

Shotguns should be ridiculous close range(0-30 metres), they should be the ultimate short range weapon with.
    SMG's should be better short to short medium(30-100 Metres).
    AR's medium (100-300).
    DMR long range (300-500).
    Snipers for everything else.

What the game evolved into was M416 fully loaded for 90% of firefights and a Kar98 or better if the target was static and not moving for the headshot kill on a L2 helmet.

And I completely agree. I realized just now that I was playing on a NA server so obviously lag issues. Can’t understand why there’s no European servers.

Blazer wrote: »
    And I completely agree. I realized just now that I was playing on a NA server so obviously lag issues. Can’t understand why there’s no European servers.

There is European servers?

There is European servers?

For the test server there wasn’t
    Sry just realized I never said I was on the test server seeing the new weapon changes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Everybody still running around with M4's and a Kar, or has it actually had a effect?

Everybody still running around with M4's and a Kar, or has it actually had a effect?

Nah it’s really only the reload speed that affected the AR. For cqb again the shotties and uzi’s rule. The new 6x is nice though. It’s going to be on the test server for a while though just to get the balance right.
    Also nice to be able to pick Eragel instead of Miramar.
    Now we just need European test servers.

• Advertisement

New reticle options look nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I've been out of the loop for a few months. Is there a way to region select? I'm getting teamed up with a lot of Arabs with no English. Would like to try the American servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I've been out of the loop for a few months. Is there a way to region select? I'm getting teamed up with a lot of Arabs with no English. Would like to try the American servers.

Region select is down the bottom right corner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

15 arrested over developing and selling PUBG hacks.

Seems like it's all based in China, so as much as I like hearing that hackers are being caught/punished, I don't envy their time with the law over there. It's probably one of the unintended benefits of partnering with Tencent, they have the ear of powerful people in China, and know how to get things done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wont change anything. These hacks are developed by people in varying nations all over the world. If you google "Pubg hacks" there are working free hacks on the first page. Dozens of them. It's fairly disheartening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kirby wrote: »
    Wont change anything. These hacks are developed by people in varying nations all over the world. If you google "Pubg hacks" there are working free hacks on the first page. Dozens of them. It's fairly disheartening.

Outside of China it's mostly a few kids cheating. In China it's more likely to be bots and farms farming items to sell on the market to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm not buying it tbh. Hackers are everywhere. Region locking is now in place for solo's and I'm still seeing cheating daily. Can't just blame china anymore.

We have people using aimhacks. We have people using wallhacks. We have people using recoil macros so they can spray....and that one is near impossible to stop.

You can use an ESP outside of the game....or stick it on another device like an ipad or phone with zero risk of getting banned. And with this you can see every weapon on the map and most importantly where every single person is in real time.

This stuff isn't even hard to find....it's all googleable. I enjoy this game. I've put hundreds of hours into it and will likely put in even more but its rampant with cheaters.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm not buying it tbh. Hackers are everywhere. Region locking is now in place for solo's and I'm still seeing cheating daily. Can't just blame china anymore.

We have people using aimhacks. We have people using wallhacks. We have people using recoil macros so they can spray....and that one is near impossible to stop.

You can use an ESP outside of the game....or stick it on another device like an ipad or phone with zero risk of getting banned. And with this you can see every weapon on the map and most importantly where every single person is in real time.

This stuff isn't even hard to find....it's all googleable. I enjoy this game. I've put hundreds of hours into it and will likely put in even more but its rampant with cheaters.

Ive been playing this game over a year and I’ve only came across hackers a few times and that’s been once in solo mode and a few times in squad.
    I’m normally in the last 10 in all modes so doubt I’m missing them.

update for live servers is out. Coming in at 10.6gb

Peoples mileage re cheaters tend to vary. I've encountered a lot more bots than hackers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I lost all of my squad-mates and this is what happened next. Bit of a long one, but the moral of the story is: never give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I definitely got my moneys worth from this game anyway....

LEDqWPP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

New patch notes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1648759816031158998

Hi everybody,

This week’s content drop is smaller one: mostly bugfixes and minor balance tweaks to follow up on update #12’s massive gameplay changes. We’re keeping a close eye on statistics and the feedback you’re sharing with us regarding these balance changes. Based on what we’ve seen so far we’re exploring tweaks to the M16A4 that will come in a later update. Additionally, we’re considering adjusting drop rates for weapons, so please keep sharing your feedback with us.

We’ve seen a lot of concern from many of you about overall performance. Addressing FPS drops is our top priority, and we hope to have more updates to address performance improvements soon. For now, the team will be trying out fixes throughout this patch cycle. Thanks for staying patient with us in the meantime.

On to the changes!

Gameplay
    Both the Lightweight Grip and Half Grip can now be attached to the Vector.
    Some minor weapon balance adjustments:
    First shot from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
    Decreased the spread of shotgun pellets.
    Shotgun chokes and duckbills are now less effective at decreasing spread (so the effective spread for a shotgun with a choke or duckbill will be similar to before)

UI/UX
    CUSTOMIZATION > GEAR tab has been added. Go here to equip parachute skins.
    Tooltips for weapon attachments have been edited to make them more intuitive.

Localization
    Added support for Ukrainian. Thank you to all the Ukrainian players who participated in the translation process!
    Game lobby now supports multiple languages.
    Multiple languages will be applied to various lobby components such as lobby menus (Play, Customization, Store, etc.), the options menu, and crates
    19 different languages are supported

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where certain buildings in Miramar were shown with default textures
    Fixed some walls in Miramar that could be partially passed through
    Removed the white mark that appeared alongside the aircraft icon on the minimap
    Scope reticle settings should no longer reset when weapons are dropped and picked up again
    We’ve improved the holographic sight’s reticle. It’s now the same size as a character silhouette seen from 100m away
    Certain animations on the buggy and minibus have been fixed
    Fixed an issue that sometimes caused characters to sit at odd angles if entering into vehicles from a prone position on a sloped surface
    Fixed an issue causing red dot and holo sight reticles to get smaller and blurry when swapping weapons
    “Damage-received” sounds should no longer play after winning a game

New Crate - Aviator
    A new crate (Aviator Crate) with new outfits has been added. Find it in the STORE menu
    Aviator Crate requires an Aviator Key to be opened
    TEST SERVER ONLY: For testing purposes, we will provide 100K BP, 20x Weapon Skin Keys, 20x Early Bird Keys, 20x Aviator Keys, and 10x Aviator Crates to all test accounts.

Added new parachute skin
    The "Bengal Tiger" parachute skin can be purchased separately as an individual item for $4.99(price will vary slightly in some regions, based on global exchange rates). It can be purchased only once per account.
    Bengal Tiger is unable to trade in Steam market
    It is purchasable in STORE > ITEMS menu
    Remember that the Target Practice Pan skin will no longer be available after the planned 5/17 update!

Another lootbox and a new type of micro-transaction. €4.99 for a parachute skin that you can not trade.

The game's population is entering a serious decline whereby in almost 6 months the number of people logging in has nearly halved. E3 is looming and the bills for the Cristal Champagne has to be paid. When every other 'content' patch happens to be adding more lootboxes and (now) micro-transactions, it isn't hard to interpret BlueHole's true intentions here. PUBG is no longer the dominant Battle Royale game and E3 is only a few weeks away.

450897.JPG

They need to fix the FPS, desync issues, heck even when I have good FPS it feels choppy and delayed.

It's jarring come back from Fortnite to play this, it just feels so janky in comparison. It got even worse since the latest patch for me, pretty much unplayable, and I don't see anything in patch notes saying this has been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

It would be nice if items were visible at the start of the game, land, run into house, nothing on the floor, run upstairs, come back down , AK and ammo on the floor .

Lukker- wrote: »
    They need to fix the FPS, desync issues, heck even when I have good FPS it feels choppy and delayed.

It's jarring come back from Fortnite to play this, it just feels so janky in comparison. It got even worse since the latest patch for me, pretty much unplayable, and I don't see anything in patch notes saying this has been addressed.
    jonski wrote: »
    It would be nice if items were visible at the start of the game, land, run into house, nothing on the floor, run upstairs, come back down , AK and ammo on the floor .

They don't know how. Anytime they have made 'improvements' to FPS, etc., it has come at the expense of features. One such example: in order to reduce the lag when you land somewhere, they added a delay to weapon spawn in that area so now we spend 5-10 seconds running around hoping we landed near a weapon while we wait for it to appear. This creates huge imbalance as those who land even one second before you, will have an advantage.

Its spaghetti code under the hood. If they had built the damn game from the ground up it would have taken longer, but at least they would know whats under there. Instead its a mish-mash of store bought assets. Remember during Early Access when you spawned into a map in First Person you could see eyeballs and teeth in your character model? Why does a game without dismemberment and gore need models which have teeth and eyeballs? This isn't a RPG and characters don't speak, so why 'design' models which such features? Because they didn't design them, they bought them. And that goes for a lot of the assets in this game, many of which feature things that are not required for a game of this type, further drawing CPU/GPU power and memory usage which could be better used elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »
    They don't know how. Anytime they have made 'improvements' to FPS, etc., it has come at the expense of features. One such example: in order to reduce the lag when you land somewhere, they added a delay to weapon spawn in that area so now we spend 5-10 seconds running around hoping we landed near a weapon while we wait for it to appear. This creates huge imbalance as those who land even one second before you, will have an advantage.

Its spaghetti code under the hood. If they had built the damn game from the ground up it would have taken longer, but at least they would know whats under there. Instead its a mish-mash of store bought assets. Remember during Early Access when you spawned into a map in First Person you could see eyeballs and teeth in your character model? Why does a game without dismemberment and gore need models which have teeth and eyeballs? This isn't a RPG and characters don't speak, so why 'design' models which such features? Because they didn't design them, they bought them. And that goes for a lot of the assets in this game, many of which feature things that are not required for a game of this type, further drawing CPU/GPU power and memory usage which could be better used elsewhere.

They were a relatively small team when they built the game though, using store bought assets isn't uncommon, even for AAA developers. I mean Bluehole didn't even make Miramar, Raven software did. There is definitely some fundamental issues with the game. Like I dont think FPP was ever meant to be an exclusive mode. The game was made for TPP, especially Errangel. Things like doorways and windows are consistently at awkward and weird heights when looking throw the FPP camera.

I do think re-designing lots of textures and models is on the road map

Advertisement