Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

the problem is they had the whole ****ing market and ignored complaints until fortnight took the market, oh now ye will improve on the complaints people have been making for nearly two years? thanks

Fortnite is a phenomenon and pubg was never going to be as big no matter how well they managed the development. Pubg is still massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fortnite appeals to 5 year olds. Pubg does not. Never going to win. The age demographic must be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MadYaker wrote: »
    Fortnite is a phenomenon and pubg was never going to be as big no matter how well they managed the development. Pubg is still massive.
    I know but my point is pubg went about it all wrong, they made massive money off the start and instead of developping the game they just added a new gun every 4 months or so and exp[ected nobody to make a similar game or people to care about how poor the game was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

There is a video on it here .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3a0Jwr6VIw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This could be the year pubg dies out if COD's version succeeds and same goes for Battlefields.
    The devs are just making token efforts at this stage to keep the game going.
    I think they know its on its last legs.
    Now it still gets nearly 1 million players a day but the next 6 months will be very telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

I know but my point is pubg went about it all wrong, they made massive money off the start and instead of developping the game they just added a new gun every 4 months or so and exp[ected nobody to make a similar game or people to care about how poor the game was

to be fair they had a mentally successful game and where not ready for the success

integrating a huge amount new hires to work on the game takes time

we are only seeing the fruit of that now

if its too late only time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

squawker wrote: »
    to be fair they had a mentally successful game and where not ready for the success

This game is like the Tortoise and the hare, it is slowly growing, and getting better, keep in mind that this is standing on its own feet, although other games have been out for a longer time, don't turn away just yet.. It had lots of potential!

squawker wrote: »

Nope..
    Each map takes about 6 months to develop/test and release.
    Have 3 teams of developers creating 3 maps a year and a large team following up on bugs etc.
    This is what they should have been doing from the start once they realised what a hit it was and Epic released fortnite.
    Instead Bluehole decided to concentrate on lootboxes etc and promote it as an egame while not taking heed of what Epic are doing with fortnite. Regardless of whether you think its a game for kids or what Epic are doing great stuff with fortnite.
    Be nice if bluehole eventually crashed out..Epic bought them out and then reinvented it. They certainly could do that whereas Bluhole can't be bothered.

Jaysus , twas a big patch this week for someone who can't be bothered .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Blazer wrote: »
    Nope..
    Have 3 teams of developers creating 3 maps a year and a large team following up on bugs etc.
    This is what they should have been doing from the start once they realised what a hit it was and Epic released fortnite.
    Instead Bluehole decided to concentrate on lootboxes etc and promote it as an egame while not taking heed of what Epic are doing with fortnite. Regardless of whether you think its a game for kids or what Epic are doing great stuff with fortnite.
    Be nice if bluehole eventually crashed out..Epic bought them out and then reinvented it. They certainly could do that whereas Bluhole can't be bothered.

Thats what they were doing, they were on the ball in the early days. Focusing on fixing bugs, lag whatever. Then, it seems from the point they decided to branch onto xbox, all that **** started taking a back seat and they started focusing on making **** loot boxes and battle passes.

I mean just look at the latest patch, that battle pass thing they introduced is a ****ing joke. How much time did they sink into that when they could have focused their money elsewhere.. Temporary shirts and clothes that last a week as a reward, i mean W T F

jonski wrote: »
    Jaysus , twas a big patch this week for someone who can't be bothered .

it was a full game download...not all 11.8gb was a patch.
    I'm not saying they're failing to support but its a case of too little too late.
    I've been playing this game since last Mar 2017 and I loved it, but its frustrating to see it basically stand still while its competitors are passing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Game has plenty of life in it, 1 million concurrent players again today says alot really. COD is pretty refined but is still a much more arcadey shooter, time will only tell with it. This game is far most a realistic shooter without going to an ARMA level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As expected, it's been rated for PS4 in Korea. See here.

Now PS players can get conned into buying an unfinished game experience the pleasure of a Chicken Dinner.

I joke, it's actually much improved over the last few months, and complaints about it are pretty low at this stage...... unless you've got an Xbox One X, in which case they just released a patch to make the game look worse than on the original Xbox One to correct whatever bug is crippling performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nope..

More maps dilute the player base, they didnt want to do that. I agree with that choice.

Map selection dilutes the player base also agree with that.

PUBG needed to fix the actual game rather than make loot boxes, anyone been killed by a flying car? A lad on the starter island with KAR and no scope? Thats what they needed to fix, they didn't and are suffering from that.

Fortnite has a cycle that keeps players playing, still has only one map albeit with slight changes.

The 'Report A Player' system seems to work , got a msg this morning saying a player I had reported on Thursday night had been perm banned .

The 'Report A Player' system seems to work , got a msg this morning saying a player I had reported on Thursday night had been perm banned .

that's actually nice to get...this bull**** of making a report and never hearing back is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

How broken is this game since today's update. Anything up to ten minutes waiting to join game

irishchris wrote: »
    How broken is this game since today's update. Anything up to ten minutes waiting to join game

The game itself was slow to load, I'm guessing thats down to the new anti-cheat, but getting into a game was no problem for me .

The game itself was slow to load, I'm guessing thats down to the new anti-cheat, but getting into a game was no problem for me .

Did you click on enable anti cheat.I did and 3+ minutes if selected erangel or Miramar. If selected quick match it would load quickly but always to sanhok which I don't want to use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

irishchris wrote: »
    Did you click on enable anti cheat.I did and 3+ minutes if selected erangel or Miramar. If selected quick match it would load quickly but always to sanhok which I don't want to use

Getting in fine.
    (>20 kills now! Wint be long till a chicken dinner)
    Whats this enable anti cheat?

Getting in fine.
    (>20 kills now! Wint be long till a chicken dinner)
    Whats this enable anti cheat?

When you first load the game it has an option to click anti cheat

Duos matchmaking was fine but solos still slow to join a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I keep getting put into servers that seem to be 7 billion miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Hey Lads back on PC from stint on xbox couldnt hack it. Anyone available for games add me as would rather squad play

battser wrote: »
    Hey Lads back on PC from stint on xbox couldnt hack it. Anyone available for games add me as would rather squad play

Whats with fcukers in your own squad deliberately killing you?
    So annoying!

Whats with fcukers in your own squad deliberately killing you?
    So annoying!

report them. Its a ban for doing that.

report them. Its a ban for doing that.

Ive reported two of them.
    Gits.

Whew..very close one..thought I was goosed when I saw him while I was healing. Good job he went for my chest with my level 3 armour as my helmet was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I like the 416 skin - which one is that?

• Advertisement

I like the 416 skin - which one is that?

it was one of those twitch streamers..some tosser dr disrespect.
    I liked it regardless so said to hell with it. Same colour for the kar98

Advertisement