Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I get worse at this the more I play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jackrussel wrote: »
    was watching "BreaK" playing on twitch at the weekend. hes well worth checking out. dont think ive seen anyone else play like him - he stays out of the circle for so long. always lands in novo & loots forever. joins the circle when hes got what he wants

most people stay out of the circle and will take burning the first and second ring, with enough meds you can be out of the circle completely till the third

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

most people stay out of the circle and will take burning the first and second ring, with enough meds you can be out of the circle completely till the third

i doubt they stay out as long as this guy does. check him out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

http://www.planepath.net/

Map to let you mark the flightpath and see potential parachute locations

• Registered Users Posts: 45,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GamesInformer podcast have a great in-depth interview with Player Unknown in their latest - very interesting to listen to. Talks about the general development path, their short term goals, ideas and plans for the future of the game (including they want to do consoles but apparently won’t be looking at it until the PC version has been fully released.

Most interesting part of the interview is, Imo, the 3D replay feature they are working on - a full 3D replay of a round, allowing you to change view points etc during viewing. They are creating it as a learning tool for people to see where they may have gone wrong but also stating they want content creators to be able to create awesome stories with it - sounds awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this for my son a when it came out, he started playing it recently as it runs better now on his pc.

Last night he was in duos and down to the last 4 with his mate.

Right about the same time my US buddy was having issues connecting to my Forza game, so I restarted the router to rule myself out of the issue without telling anyone as I do.

The screams :D

GamesInformer podcast have a great in-depth interview with Player Unknown in their latest - very interesting to listen to. Talks about the general development path, their short term goals, ideas and plans for the future of the game (including they want to do consoles but apparently won’t be looking at it until the PC version has been fully released.

Most interesting part of the interview is, Imo, the 3D replay feature they are working on - a full 3D replay of a round, allowing you to change view points etc during viewing. They are creating it as a learning tool for people to see where they may have gone wrong but also stating they want content creators to be able to create awesome stories with it - sounds awesome.

Link?

Just me or have they upped the chunk the electric does to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I get worse at this the more I play it.

Once the initial creep everywhere mentally of the newly initiated wears off you make loads of mistakes. Particularly the loot phase when you run about like a madman gathering up the gear you like.

I've given up on the game. Still lots of fun when I do play but all the d*cking about waiting for games to start and the looting phase just annoys me now. I'd rather more immediate kicks like Overwatch.

• Advertisement

I've got to the stage where I only play duos or squads. Much harder and challenging I find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I've got to the stage where I only play duos or squads. Much harder and challenging I find

I gave up playing solo because I couldn't watch the full 360 degrees without getting shot at from somewhere I wasn't looking. So I play solo in squads now to make it even worse :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Much more fun playing with the same people regularly and using voice

My new secret to success is threefold
    1) Go afk at the start
    2) Lose 3/4 of your health jumping down mountains
    3) Order a takeaway mid game

Based on a sample size of one game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been watching a lot of this on Twitch and I've got a bit fo a gap right now with no other games on my radar so decided to buy it. Only other BR game I've played is the Culling and I think I got 1 win in about 30 hours of that :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So we're going full circle where Dayz spin offs became King of the Hill and are now returning back to zombies.

So we're going full circle where Dayz spin offs became King of the Hill and are now returning back to zombies.

zombies are player controlled, matimeo and them demod it a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

zombies are player controlled, matimeo and them demod it a few weeks ago

Adding to this, it'll be a separate mode. It wont be out until the main game is done.

Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it basically you start off with the usual hundred players but when you get killed you become a zombie? Sounds like great fun if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Bought this the other day and had my first game today. Running around like a headless chicken. Think it's gonna take me a while to get the hang of it. Also, its the first game that really makes my rig work hard.

Since getting this I'm completely hooked, haven't won a game yet but I've gotten a few high scoring top 10s. There's nothing quite like being locked down behind a wall with someone on the other side while the blue makes its way towards you.

Some lad laid a trap by a crate. It landed beside a low wall with bushes on the other side. I check the crate and he pops up out of the bushes and fired what I can only describe as a clip full of warning shots as not a single shot landed. I killed him and felt sorry for him and his ingenious yet poorly executed plan.

Some lad laid a trap by a crate. It landed beside a low wall with bushes on the other side. I check the crate and he pops up out of the bushes and fired what I can only describe as a clip full of warning shots as not a single shot landed. I killed him and felt sorry for him and his ingenious yet poorly executed plan.

Sounds like me, I killed some lad, found he had an M24 with an 8x scope and so I climbed into a radio tower in the middle of the circle. No one knew I was up there, or at least no one was taking shots and it would've been a handy win had I been able to land any shots at all. Only kill I got was when some lad finally came running up the stairs and I gunned him down with my AK :p

Just had a great moment in a random squad. Car pulled up outside a house I was looting and four got out. I opened fire and they took cover behind the car then immediately got hit by the redzone. Minimum effort, maximum loot.

Finished second in a solo there, heartbroken. Got to the final two and the circle centered on the building I was in, one of those circular two-storey buildings. The other lad quickly scurried into the bottom floor before I could shoot. For the next 5 minutes I stayed on the top floor, he stayed on the bottom, no movement. Eventually the blue just started closing in on everything, I didn't have full health and figured if he did then he'd win by default, so I foolishly ran downstairs and died in the blue just as I got to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I got my first kill earlier but in the stats it says i have none. Do kills glitch in this game?

I got my first kill earlier but in the stats it says i have none. Do kills glitch in this game?

updates a day later

• Advertisement

Been doing random squads to practice. Got teamed with an Irish crew. Good times I thought. They killed me for my loot. I'm so pissed off right now.

Advertisement