Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was walking and instantly could feel the difference, huge drop in temp very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes, it's much cooler now as a result of the northeasterly breeze. There was also a very weak front in Scotland near the extreme north coast of Ireland earlier today. I'm not sure if this front caused the change in the wind direction but I think it did. Tomorrow will be cooler in the east than these past few days anyway. However, temperatures will still be very pleasant and not like in March where many places were in the mid to high teens during the last weekend and us in the east were struggling in the high single figures to low teens. Remember that Gonzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unsettled and cool end to June now forecast,with disgracefully low temperatures,the air originating south of Greenland, it will be a shock to the system for some,and a continuation for others,scraping 13 degrees in places by this weekend.

Jaysus,there will be shocking complaining,and groaning and depressive posts...

It won't shock me in Spain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

km79 wrote: »
    It won't shock me in Spain :D

Or me,heading to the costa del sol on thur for a week,though i admit I'm not a big fan of the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Murrisk wrote: »
    We have a new 2017 highest temp!
    :

Not necessarily. Saturday's 26.8 °C at the Phoenix Park also rounds to 27 so it depends on whether Moorepark made it to 26.9+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Are we looking at rain for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oak Park maxed out at 26.0 today. Weston aerodrome ATIS was reporting 26 degrees at 16.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Its funny how 20c can feel chilly, a stiff easterly breeze has appeared from nowhere, the temp has dropped by about 4 degrees and I've now closed the windows!

I'm still finding it positively balmy near the Phoenix Park. Sun is out and I'm sitting outside. The recorded temp for the Phoenix Park was 19 at 19:00 but it felt and still feels warmer, much like earlier in the day felt warmer than the actual temp. There's a light cool breeze but that's just making it even more pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yep, here's the GFS 12z run for Wednesday 28th for example:

DGpGRd1.png

Talk about jinxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Where has this horrendous NEly come from? Gusting 45KPH here in Naas.

Temperatures have plummeted to 19.7c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

24.3C at the moment, from a high of 26.7C.
    It wouldn't have been warmer if we had no cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

pad199207 wrote: »
    Where has this horrendous NEly come from? Gusting 45KPH here in Naas.

Temperatures have plummeted to 19.7c

It has come from the god of relieving cool breezes and I bow to him and give thanks and praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

That wind is called the Manx Doctor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Went for a walk at 7 and shortly after that did an instagram story and it was 23 degrees - how accurate that is I don't know, but it felt pretty accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ok East.

Can we have our high temperatures back now here in West.

We just gave them to ye for the weekend as a good deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

You've got to hand it to the Jet stream, two hours ago it was damn hot and humid in Dublin city, and just like a click of two fingers it cooled down dramatically. The Azores high pushed up from the south is now being dragged down and as such we can now enjoy some lovely cool fresh breezes.

Happy days :)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

pauldry wrote: »
    Ok East.

Can we have our high temperatures back now here in West.

We just gave them to ye for the weekend as a good deed.

Yes you can have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Highest temperature of the year so far was 26.9 degrees at Moorepark Co.Cork this afternoon. (source met eireann)

The change arrived in the last hour or so here near the Phoenix Park. What a difference! Quite overcast and it was 17 at 21:00.

Not necessarily. Saturday's 26.8 °C at the Phoenix Park also rounds to 27 so it depends on whether Moorepark made it to 26.9+.

26.9 at Moorepark. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Its feels too chilly outside to be without a jumper on now. At lunchtime I was walking around topless just in a pair of shorts and sweating lol. What a turnaround,can't remember many days like this. From 26c to 16c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yet another cool grey day in Donegal with patchy drizzle, high of 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very oppressive in Cork this evening. How is it Met Eireann didn't release a heat warning....I seem to remember one for the last spell which wasn't as hot. Glad to see moorepark reached a record high today. Was beginning to wonder were all the car gauges faulty as they were all at 27C +
    Don't have access to stats but it's been a long long time since Cork reached 27C. I wonder is it an all time record for here?

Very oppressive in Cork this evening. How is it Met Eireann didn't release a heat warning....I seem to remember one for the last spell which wasn't as hot. Glad to see moorepark reached a record high today. Was beginning to wonder were all the car gauges faulty as they were all at 27C +
    Don't have access to stats but it's been a long long time since Cork reached 27C. I wonder is it an all time record for here?

July 2013 was the last time.

EDIT: I only think. I'm unsure about last July.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

cCYcdXE.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

Dark and cloudy with a cooling sea breeze on the North Dublin coast. Hopefully some folk will be able to get a night's sleep free of stifling Summer humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Had a lovely weekend away in the campervan with the family in Co Down (although it wasn't lovely *in* the camper, good god I need some extra air circulation devices), happy for it to cool back down again now because this country isn't designed for temperatures much above 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Their criteria for a yellow warning is max temps of 27C, so technically they were (just) right not putting out a warning going by official station maxes. It definitely got over 27C in many places over the past few days, especially in urban areas due to the heat island effect but I suppose they can't take every variable into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I've thoroughly enjoyed the past 3 days absolutely glorious. Best few days in ages. Would love for it to continue but you just know we'll be back to October by the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I've thoroughly enjoyed the past 3 days absolutely glorious. Best few days in ages. Would love for it to continue but you just know we'll be back to October by the weekend.

Fingers crossed anyway, I've another weekend in the campervan planned and would much rather have to stick the heating on that stew in my own sweat!

Advertisement