Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cumulus clouds galore in D20

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

30C+ here in Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire. Melting on my lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Murrisk wrote: »
    Summer 1995. <3<3<3

I lived in the south of England, about 100kms south west of London in the summer of 2010. It wasn't really anything too special though it is noticeably two or three degrees warmer on average than Ireland. Much more humid as well, I got athlete's foot that summer for the first time ever. :( I'd come home to Ireland and really enjoy the freshness and people would be complaining about the humidity. I'd be like 'WTF?'.

Now the South East, as you say, is different alright or rather, London seems to be its own freakish microclimate. London can be really sweltering whilst even places in the South East can be a good few degrees lower in temperature than it. It's mad. Like, I'd consider London a hot summer destination for the most part. The few lidos London has do very well in the summer. Certainly the year I lived there, my summer visits to London were always pleasantly warm to sweltering and I visited it a lot that summer.

Very warm weather with increased cloudiness. Not my favourite, I gotta say. :(

When you take a flight from Ireland to London, you can see the colour of ground in the south east of England being more scorched/dry compared to the midlands of England. The landscape north of the London area appears more green and fertile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

All that cirrus now blocking out the sun wasn't expected. I presume its caused by the heat from Iberia moving north over the cold sea as this image shows?
    I was expecting the cloud to spread from the NORTH instead.

http://en.sat24.com/en/gb/infraPolair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Cloud cover increasing by the hour here in D9, can just about still call it hazy as shadows are still lightly visible.

It's a pity because it's the warmest it felt over the last few days, love very humid days. Hopefully we get some breakages before the days out.

@Elmer the cloud forecast model posted yesterday evening on here was absolutely bang on regards the cloud from the south. Very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

currently 24C with a real feel of 29C, feeling very hot today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Now 26.8c and the power is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sat out for about 15 minutes or so at lunch - roasting! Had to come in cos couldn't handle it! It says it's 23 degrees in Cork on met.ie, but feels a lot warmer.

John.Icy wrote: »
    @Elmer the cloud forecast model posted yesterday evening on here was absolutely bang on regards the cloud from the south. Very impressed.
    I see it now, I concentrated more on Meteorite's second temperature chart more than the first chart yesterday evening. Impressive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

leahyl wrote: »
    Sat out for about 15 minutes or so at lunch - roasting! Had to come in cos couldn't handle it! It says it's 23 degrees in Cork on met.ie, but feels a lot warmer.

Yup, just sat out for a late lunch for 30 mins but gave up after 20 mins as too hot! Cork Airport is 24c on latest report with 70% humidity but its at a height so probably 25c where I am. Mind you it feels nearer 30c - certainly the hottest I have felt since 2013.

On latest reports on met.ie, Oak Park (Carlow) at 25c is hottest place in the country right now with Shannon, Moore Park (Fermoy), Gurteen (Tipp), Phoenix Park and Cork Airport all 24c.

• Advertisement

Apologies if this has been answered a few times already but what's the highest temp on a met.ie report this year does anyone know? Today might break it by 5pm methinks.....

Lots of cloud bubbling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

Apologies if this has been answered a few times already but what's the highest temp on a met.ie report this year does anyone know? Today might break it by 5pm methinks.....

26.8C at Phoenix Park on Saturday

Rougies wrote: »
    26.8C at Phoenix Park on Saturday

Thanks. I see Moorepark (Fermoy, Co. Cork), Phoenix park and Oak park (Carlow) were all 25c at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely like a furnace in Naas. Feels way warmer then 27c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm reports. 26 degrees in Cork and Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

33C :O

Had a quick peek in the Stevensons Screen at 4.20pm and it was 27.0c, heat has increased since and the AWS is reporting 27.7c at 4.35pm!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Gotten pretty cloudy and cool here in Dublin 2 the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Amirani wrote: »

Cool? Gimme, gimme.... :cool: please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Cool? Gimme, gimme.... :cool: please.

Relatively... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

27C at Moorepark Cork on 5pm reports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Absolutely stifling here :gasp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Rougies wrote: »
    27C at Moorepark Cork on 5pm reports.

We have a new 2017 highest temp!

Sat by the Royal Canal in Dublin around 5pm, there was actually a lovely breeze. Sun was out and it didn't feel too oppressive at all. I could live like that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

26.7C peak in Waterford - and I was out working in it :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Unsettled and cool end to June now forecast,with disgracefully low temperatures,the air originating south of Greenland, it will be a shock to the system for some,and a continuation for others,scraping 13 degrees in places by this weekend.

Jaysus,there will be shocking complaining,and groaning and depressive posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Unsettled and cool end to June now forecast,with disgracefully low temperatures,the air originating south of Greenland, it will be a shock to the system for some,scraping 13 degrees in places by this weekend.

Yep, here's the GFS 12z run for Wednesday 28th for example:

DGpGRd1.png

Amirani wrote: »
    Its funny how 20c can feel chilly, a stiff easterly breeze has appeared from nowhere, the temp has dropped by about 4 degrees and I've now closed the windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

recorded a temp of 26.0c early is afternoon,couldn't belive how much the temp has dropped here since then. Currently 20.1c,feels kinda fresh in the cooling breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Currently 16.2C in Castlebar, looks like it topped out at 20C today, big change coming back from being in 32C heat a few hours ago.

Advertisement