Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    another beautifull day but temps defo slightly down on yesterday here, high of 23C here today so far, got close to 27C yesterday.

Reached 26.2c yesterday and now 25.9c today, only marginally cooler today here.

June's so far been kind of a battleground around Europe with very intense Northern Blocking but also quite a strong Azores High to the south. In between, there has been a deep trough over us which has led to a very unsettled June overall so far but this trough looks like being centred off to the north where the block was for the second half with the Azores High closer to Ireland.

vBlRXyD.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't. I'd hate to have 30+ degrees.

Been stuck in it for the last 3 days, highly opressive and not to mention it still hovering above 20C at night, it really depends where you are though, have survived 40C better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A very warm 26.4c in South Laois now...

Danno wrote: »

26.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

26.2C here in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

27.1c in Kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temps have really climbed in the last hour, 25C, almost 26C here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Yeah, Carlow area seems to be the hotspot today!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A much more bearable day today, 21 was the max and 20 now with wall to wall sun, perfect :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was hotter in Salthill at 5 pm than it was at 3pm!

Turning unsettled for a time later this week but nothing dramatic like the jet stream will be very weak and at the same time, the NAO will be positive which will intensify the Azores High. Some models, including the GFS, are showing signs of the Azores High coming up to Ireland as we go into early July right now.

Still above 26c here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Still 27.1c at home. Reached 27.6c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

9pm

23.0c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

9pm

23.0c!

I remember South East radio used given temperatures at half past the hour from a weather station in the region back in the 1990s.

One that sticks in my mind was 23.30 and the temp was 25C in Carlow town, 2nd August 1995. They're were a few similar ones during that month and also during the last week of June 1995. They're the highest evening temps i remember. July 2013 probably had similar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A bit more cloud forecast for tomorrow but temperatures looking very good for most apart from North Connacht and parts of Ulster according to Met Eireann and predicting 16 -19C there.

tempresult_utl7.gif

UkSdw98.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann 9pm reports. a very warm 23 degrees at Gurteen Tipperary , some temperature for 9pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It's just glorious there's really no more to say. What an evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

past 2 days have been amazing, the past 2 days are similar to what most of the summer months is like for London and the south-east, really envy them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Fantastic weather that really puts you in a good mood:)

tomorrow is gonna be a roaster for most of us, the west getting higher temps over the next 2 days, Tuesday looks much cooler for the east but still feeling decent, than Wednesday possibly back in the furnace for 1 day, then normal service resumes from the west on Thursday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭OldRio

Enjoy the sun. Cloudy until 5pm here in Leitrim. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

past 2 days have been amazing, the past 2 days are similar to what most of the summer months is like for London and the south-east, really envy them!

During the day, but you would not envy them at night, used to need two fans going to get to sleep at times.

Xenji wrote: »
    During the day, but you would not envy them at night, used to need two fans going to get to sleep at times.

I've experience London summer nights before and it is oppressive, but it's worth it for all the high temps and dry, sunny days they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

nagdefy wrote: »
    I remember South East radio used given temperatures at half past the hour from a weather station in the region back in the 1990s.

One that sticks in my mind was 23.30 and the temp was 25C in Carlow town, 2nd August 1995. They're were a few similar ones during that month and also during the last week of June 1995. They're the highest evening temps i remember. July 2013 probably had similar.

Summer 1995. <3<3<3

I lived in the south of England, about 100kms south west of London in the summer of 2010. It wasn't really anything too special though it is noticeably two or three degrees warmer on average than Ireland. Much more humid as well, I got athlete's foot that summer for the first time ever. :( I'd come home to Ireland and really enjoy the freshness and people would be complaining about the humidity. I'd be like 'WTF?'.

Now the South East, as you say, is different alright or rather, London seems to be its own freakish microclimate. London can be really sweltering whilst even places in the South East can be a good few degrees lower in temperature than it. It's mad. Like, I'd consider London a hot summer destination for the most part. The few lidos London has do very well in the summer. Certainly the year I lived there, my summer visits to London were always pleasantly warm to sweltering and I visited it a lot that summer.
    tomorrow is gonna be a roaster for most of us,

Very warm weather with increased cloudiness. Not my favourite, I gotta say. :(

24.2c reached just after 11am. Hovering below that now as a light east breeze has developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On course for today to be the warmest day so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

3rd day in a row the temperature is over 25 degrees in Dublin

Advertisement